Eldar rumours. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eldar rumours.

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Eldar rumours.

Eldar rumours courtesy of Stickmonkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickmonkey View Post
    Little spider passed along a few rumors.

Eldar mid to late 2012. Possibly 1st or 2nd official 6 ed codex

Guardians being redone. Will include new weapons platform and storm guardian bits.

Avatar getting new fine cast version with weapon options (spear/sword) not as big as FW model, but larger than current.

Lots of new mech options. Jump pack/jet options for walkers similar to new FW models, but unclear if this is new model or upgrade to current model. Upgrade packs don't seem likely, and current model is decent, so I have my doubts about this rumor completely.

New tank options...built on wave serpent/falcon chassis still. Hydra like flak turret, Bonuses against flyers and skimmers. Dcannon tank. And some pulse cannon monster tank...scorpion?

New jet bikes and vypers.

New warlock sculpts.

New aspect sculpts, aspects still likely fine cast.

Some sort of shimmershield device. Portable cover save for a unit, but static once deployed...model in design for it. Sounds fishy to me? But the de have the portal...who knows, I say unlikely.

From obvious dept comes the nightwing and some form of bomber. Neither look at all like de ships, or existing FW. Definitely eldar.

Drop pod of some sort that can carry 20 troops, 10 wraith guard, or 1 wraith lord. Deploys as firebase that has higher cover rating for guardians. Sounds like a bastion that drops into play with a weapons platform attached. Not sure I buy into this rumor completely, it seems too complex the way it's been described. And I never saw any evidence of this in design before.

Cheers. Still super long off, though. Have your salt handy.
    JvK

Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Well, the timing seems about right, but I would be betting on later in 2012 rather than mid-way. (Tau, codex chaos legion, and whatever they are doing with the sisters of battle line still need to be released) I'm most interested in seeing what they do with the jetbikes. Looking at the Dark eldar before and after makes me believe that we will be seeing some sleeker rides.
    Tau my love! You are back!

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

I heard something about the bastion not being so much a bastion as more a well armed, one use, deployable wraithgate. It provides a cover save for the models coming out of the gate or stay within proximity of the gate. Apply salt to taste.

JvK
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    248 (x5)

Finally some Eldar love. With Necrons and Tau most likely the next ones, we're due. The rumors seem unsure of themselves but some of it sounds good. Hopefully more will be coming.

The idea of a drop pod just doesn't seem too Eldar but we'll see.

In the Theatre of War, taking centre stage.
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    179 (x5)

if they are going to make me want to buy these new eldar then...congratulations GW you have succesfully convinced me to collect every 40k army currently available aswell as converting a few WFB races to 40k...now just lower your prices and i will make sure to finish them all :3

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    623 (x8)

Would that mean the Wraithguard will be going Finecast? i hope so that would be so AWESOME, that way i could start my Craftworld Iyanden Army

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

Ooh! My babies!

I love you JvK (though not in any homoerotic sense).

~ Acarna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excitement building!

I am really REALLY hoping for plastic Wraithguard. I hope that Banshees and Fire Dragons are going plastic as well... It would explain why there are no finecast models for them (even though both are very popular). Though recasting them would also explain it. The deploy-able bastion/wraithgate thing sounds fishy.

Above all else, please make the swooping hawks actually playable. Their models are one of the reasons I got into Eldar, but man are they horrible on the table.
    Main armies: Iyanden-styled Eldar, Grim Legion Chaos Marines, and Grey Knights
    Currently Working on: Dark Mechanicus and redeploying my retired Tau
    Turn 8 Podcast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm hoping that Fire Dragons gain a 3+ save. No aspect warrior should be played as a kamikaze unit. Make that "no Eldar unit" should be played as a kamikaze unit.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Every Eldar Aspect is about doing something and some long standing tradition. The Banshee's represent the howling death, scorpions represent stealth and cunning, the swooping hawks represent birds of prey. And there's the Fire Dragons who are basically given a gun and told "Go get 'em!" xD

I really hope to see plastic Wraithguard that are actually worth taking as well as a little more survivability on the Wraithlord. There was a time when T8 with a 3+ save was durable, but now it's really kind of weak. It really needs at least 2/5.
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast