Black Templars 2012 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Templars 2012

i was down the local GW today, and found some interesting stuff on black templars. so far as the internet says, they're before/after chaos space marines (or legions), before or very shortly after 6th, given that they're current incarnation won't be suitable for 6th. Anyways, what i found out was the following:

there's going to be a named emperors champion, who's old by BT standards, and has been EC for a while. long enough to be better than the standard one.

initiates will be cheaper, around 11 points, and neotyphes around 6pts. still, expect some drawbacks to this.

there'll be a new named character on a bike with eternal warrior, and also eternal warrior killer.

and possibly some dreadnought/knight style thing that fits with the rest of the army, in line with the big stuff from GK and BA.

oh, last thing, possibly some upgrade that lets land raiders be destroyed by the enemy, but still 'live' for a turn. final shoot and move, the explode in a last ditch suicide run or someut.

I got most of this from a staff member, so take it with a pinch of salt, but this guy's usually pretty accurate with stuff like this....

still, something to think about, isn't it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Somewhere in the Eternal Battle kicking ass.
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1419 (x8)

He may or may not be part of the internal playtest ring GW use to try out different ideas and get feedback or know someone who is. This information is by no means set in stone.
    The cheaper scouts is because they lose the Infiltrate, Scout and Move Through Cover USRs and are essentially just Marines with a 4+ armour save. The main drawback is Rage.

JvK
    Last edited by Jared van Kell; November 21st, 2011 at 21:37.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

I wonder what we will see on the miniature style of things.And about the author,i hear a lot he is the M.W. guy,
    Praise be to the Emperor!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

M.W? i see the looming of mechanical horses with laser vision, and knights with explosive lances on the horizon.

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Somewhere in the Eternal Battle kicking ass.
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1419 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Varangian View Post
    M.W? i see the looming of mechanical horses with laser vision, and knights with explosive lances on the horizon.
    Or just bikes.

JvK
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

suppose so... still, bikes in numbers always seems to be the province of the ravenwing... the templars always seemed to be more point at enemy, run at enemy, run more, bury to death in piles of corpses.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

I've heard it's 2nd codex after 6th.

1. Tau (pre 6th but written as 6th) poss April.
    2. Codex Legions (post 6th) or BT (not sure which way round).

I believe Eldar may be in 6th ed set (along with another xenos).

Can't corroborate this as I can't get it "confirmed" or "dis-proved" from my usual fellas.

www.outlanders-club.com - Outlanders Gaming Club (Rugby, UK)
    www.Adeptus-Astartes.com - AA Studios, Commission based painting studios.

No Rest For the Righteous Ebon Hand's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x3)

I really hope that rumor of rage is false... Even with super cheap marines, an army of rage is no fun to play. They simply control themselves, so you aren't really playing, and they tend to chase empty transports. Black Templars are zealous, but they are supposed to have more self control than Blood Angels Death Company. -.-

And please PLEASE let there be no corny bikers with explosive lances. Black Templars are not supposed to be BMX jousters.

The other stuff sounds fairly cool.
    Last edited by Ebon Hand; November 22nd, 2011 at 00:49.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the conquest of it." -Anon

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again I still don't understand the mass Matt Ward hatred, the Necron codex was good and while some parts of the fluff and balance of GK and BA were bs I don't think you can accuse him of writing armies that arent at least fun to play.
    Last edited by Release; November 22nd, 2011 at 08:41.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Ebon Hand View Post
    Black Templars are zealous, but they are supposed to have more self control than Blood Angels Death Company. -.-
    Actually that's really debatable on a few levels!

Whilst the BADC may well go nuts at the nearest enemy - the black templars are so fixated that they could thereotically do quite the opposite. This makes both BADC and BT's interesting to play as because the lack of control by the player is precisely what makes them challenging and fun to play in the first place.

www.outlanders-club.com - Outlanders Gaming Club (Rugby, UK)
    www.Adeptus-Astartes.com - AA Studios, Commission based painting studios.