Librarium Online Forums banner

Imperial Knights

5K views 54 replies 13 participants last post by  ElGrun 
#1 · (Edited)
Believe it or not, but this thing as been finished for quite some time and was initially planned for release with Apocalypse but was put on the back burner. Word on the grapevine is someone lost their job some time ago for posting hints referencing this. (Courtesy of BOLS)

However these are the rumoured rules.

Super-heavy walker
WS:4 BS:4 S:10 I:4 A:3 AV:13/12/12
Chainsword: S: D
Shield: 4+ Invul on one facing you choose in opponent's shooting phase

Knight Paladin:
Cannon: R:72 S:8 AP:3 Ordinance 2 Large blast
Heavy Stubber (x2)

Knight Errant:
Fusion Weapon: R:36 S:9 AP2 Large blast, Melta
Heavy Stubber

Enjoy

JvK B)

See less See more
#2 ·
Yes and from what i have heard those are JUST the rules that are published in the WD and there are more in the Dataslate.

Wont be long but im taking lots of salt.

Also in tommorows WD the preview of the Feb 22nd issue says "Very big guns" and "rules for the new kits"

so its either Knights or the new IG tanks.

G
#3 ·
In the 375pts range and LoW slot I dont know who this is being released for, people purly wanting one to build it hobbywise with no thoughts to the game use are not going to represent enough sales on a $130< kit by itself and competative players wont touch it, casual players will hate its a LoW and has Strength D.

Compwise its like giving away 2 VP for a model only slightly harder to kill than a Ironclad. Ignoring results 1-5 on the vehicle damage table doesn't mean much when dedicated anti-heavy armour weapons are going to be getting +1 and +2 on the table and penning its side armour on a 4+ or better. It will be eating every anti-heavy armour attack their opponent is going to be putting out and its not like the opponent won't know they will be facing a LoW (I wouldn't play against someone using one if they surprised me with it last second, I doubt many people I know would).
Its statistically less survivable than the heavy support and elite choices in other armies.

I really hope this is an elaborate ruse. If these are really its stats I really dont know who this is for. PS points cost comes for Natfka.

#4 ·
I'm very curious to see what's gonna come out in the mew WD! I'm dying to know what rumors are true and which are false regarding this thing.

#5 · (Edited)
OH ITS DEFINATELY TRUE!

40k War Zone: Leaked photo of knight Titan in WD.

DAMN THEY LOOK SEXY!!!

I thought they would be bigger though...appear Riptide sized-ish

Can be fielded as an entire army (6 in total) ...just wow...

My Ad Mech army is very happy!...that a thought. Depending if the size matches up i could swap the torso with a Chaos Defiler and have a unique looking Mechanicus walker and a Chaos Knight!...maybe not...

#9 ·
I think the part I find most amazing about this release is that it is, more or less, a brand new faction for 40k. Knights don't really fit into any of the existing codexes (Space Marines or Imperial Guard), and have generally always been a faction unto themselves. The new codex is supposed to be allowed as a Primary Detachment, meaning you can take just the Knights in your 1500 point list.

With as great as those models are looking, I think it would be a pretty cool scenario to play, like the old Baneblade scenario used to be.

Loving this release, by the way. It just seems awesome in every way.

#10 ·
I think most likely what will happen is the Knights and Legion of the Damned codex/Dataslate will be the first week of March with the rest being IG.

Like i said though, my home-brew Ad Mech army is pleased. Hope the model is closer to a Wraithknight in size though. Cant tell at the moment. Might be half way between a Riptide and Wraithknight...wich is kind of silly when you think about it because this is a Super Heavy Walker but a Wraithknight is not a GMC...GW logic at its finest...

#11 ·
Cant tell at the moment. Might be half way between a Riptide and Wraithknight...wich is kind of silly when you think about it because this is a Super Heavy Walker but a Wraithknight is not a GMC...GW logic at its finest...
It has a lot more to do with the output it can dish out compared to the wraithknight and the riptide as opposed to its size. Having a choice between either two battlecannon shots or a large blast S9 Melta shot is just a tad more than either of those can dish out.

JvK B)

#13 · (Edited)
There is a new picture out now that shows a Knight standing up close and personal with a Trygon and the Knight is a good 1" and a 1/2 taller. so its bigger than a Riptide but smaller and bulkier than a Wraithknight.

that Strength D chainsword is going to be the bane of many a MC.

EDIT:

for some reason i cant click the button to select an image file to upload!

thats annoying. also wonder how hard it would be to convert the knight to one of these:

Knight Crusader
- The Knight Crusader alongside its counterpart the Knight Castellan are the heaviest types of Knight manufactured by Mechanicus Forge Worlds. These Knights are slower and less nimble than their kin, but benefit from much heavier weaponry and increased firepower as well as considerably thicker and sturdier armour plate. Because of their great bulk, the Crusader and the Castellan cannot move fast enough to generate the charge needed to fire a Shock Lance. Instead, they are used in a fire support role, providing covering fire for the other Knights and allowing them to charge in and engage the enemy in melee, whilst also picking off threats to the main force from a safe distance. The most common and notable feature of these Knight patterns is the modified shoulder-mounted Quake Cannon -- a massive artillery piece most often found on Warlord-class Titans or mounted on Imperator-class Titans' carapace hardpoints, capable of destroying Titans and entire buildings alike. The Knight Crusader supplements its Quake Cannon with a twin-linked Lascannon, used to destroy armoured targets at extreme range. Coupled with the Knight Crusader's excellent frontal shielding, this combination makes for a deadly fire support unit.
Knight Castellans

Knight Castellan
- The Knight Castellan is identical to the Knight Crusader in every respect but one: rather than using Lascannons, the Knight Castellan supplements its weaponry with a multi-barrelled Autocannon. Although this weapon is relatively short-ranged, the hail of shells it delivers can easily cut down swathes of most enemy infantry and light vehicle units, or strip a Titan of its Void Shields in an instant.

#15 ·
What I want to know is whether or not they will be standard game legal or must request opponents permission? If you have to request your opponents permission (either to use them as a standard army or in escalation) then I can never see using these more than once a year. Which is a shame, they look so damn sexy!

#18 ·
It will be "standard game legal" in the same way that Escalation units are "standard game legal". Same with dataslates, fortifications, ecodexes, and all the other releases they've had recently. GW hasn't done the "with your opponent's permission" thing for years.

#16 ·
You could always just buy them because they look sexy...thats what im doing. Hence why i want to convert one to a Crusader/Castellan...Shoulder mounted Quake cannon from the Baneblade kit replacing its Chainsaw and then replace its battle cannon with either a Quad gun or one of the Icarus Lascannon turrets from the Firestorm Redoubt.

And JVK, it was the 40K wiki, but Lexicanum is good too :p

#21 ·
Does anyone know how they fit into force org? Do they count as elite, hq, heavy support? And are they scoring? Because if you simply field 4 as an army you'd lose un l ess they were scoring i would imagine.

#23 ·
Oh sweet! I was just planning on shooting my opponent to death and contesting objectives, but if that means I can actually win a game, and have warlord traits, I really am struggling to think of a reason as to not do the army (aside from money that is....)

I love you GW, not only did you release a model that I've wanted for so long, but you have actually managed to make it a viable army!

#26 ·
I will be getting one to go with my Chaos Spacemarines army as I am lacking for some dedicated 3+/2+ save firepower. JvK B)
I was thinking of the same thing. I'll wait a little after release, a buddy is getting one and I would like to have one in person so I can see were any spikes or whatever will fit/look best before I get my own. But it's a cool model! That's for sure! Hah

#31 ·
I've been told, via an independent stockist that they are going for £85 a pop. Good job I get a little discount from them ;)

Although, to be honest, it's a better price than I originally thought. I was thinking of around £100 mark, maybe more, was going to be expected.

#29 ·
I'm just starting to make own. So far it's coming along pretty good considering the materials i have. Darn you pricehikes!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.