Librarium Online Forums banner

Sanctus Reach: Stormclaw. 7th Edition Starter Box?

5K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Marius the Possessed 
#1 · (Edited)
So from a small snippet from the next White Dwarf it looks like there is a new starter box coming up for pre-orders in the next week or so called Sanctus Reach: Stormclaw and is said to contain Space Wolves vs Orks (Based on what people said is on the WD cover) and contains the rules and model for Warboss Grukk Facerippa and his Attack Squig.

Other than that however we have no info as to the contents or if it will be a true starter set with a Pocket BRB, dice, templates etc.

Basically all we have seen is a small text box from White Dwarf stating that Warboss Grukk is used in some of Formations from Sanctus Reach Book 2 (also for pre-order around the same time) and states that if you have the Sanctus Reach: Stormclaw set, his model and Rules can be found in there or alternatively just use a Warboss with a Power Klaw

If this is true does this mean that Space Wolves are next for a Codex? Rumours have suggested so for a while.

Interesting stuff indeed!

-DAMO.R

See less See more
#10 ·
According to more WD leaks the set contains 35 models, a campaign expansion and the rules so yes it does look like it has a mini rule book.

Set is priced at £75 and from all reports will be while stocks last and NOT replacing Dark Vengeance!

#11 ·
Only a rumor but on BOLS someone had suggested GW is going to come out with these campaign packs and then a stater set with two of the armies involved. This set is very different than DV or AOBR because the models are not made specifically for the set, but are just the boxes repackaged.

I'm not thrilled with the Ork models. I already have everything in the box and kans aren't that great unless you have a ton of them. I do want the mini rulebook though. I'll have to price it out and see if it is worth getting and selling what I don't want. A non AOBR Warboss would be good.

#19 ·
Well i was lucky enough to order one.
i dont think that they did not anticipate that it would sell well and did not make enough kits as its clearly stated that this is a limited run, its because of how popular it is that its selling so well. GW will have made enough of the kits to make a prophit on the two new plastic sculpts and will also be profiting from selling kits that have already paid for themselves by now (hence the huge discount) and because of the fact that its a limited run, most independant stockists are charging more than they would normally (Element Games only has a 5% discount where as normally its 15-25%) not to mention that they wont be able to get that many copies, it drives more business directly to GW, even more so when people start to panic buy because its sold out in some countries (like i did)

Sure its frustrating if you dont get the chance to buy one but its like anything that is released in limited quantities (with the exception of The Hobbit limited edition starter box) wether it be limited release models (void shield generator), Concert tickets, etc you have to be quick otherwise you will miss out.

The fact that it is selling out this fast only means that GW have done a good job of building up the hype for their product. If you are still selling a limited release product over a year after its release then you know you have a problem!

I do feel sorry for anyone who missed out but there may still be hope as im sure most GW stores will have a few copies on the shelves for release day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.