Librarium Online Forums banner

Vampire Counts up next?

6K views 65 replies 20 participants last post by  Jared van Kell 
#1 · (Edited)
Just spied this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU20Fac1kSY

Does this mean I'm gonna end up spending a lot of money soon? :( (Also what's the odds they're gonna make Terrorgheists awful now everyone has one?)

Anyone heard any rumours about this?

edit: just seen this

'The end times will be coming after grey knights which means they will be going up for pre order 23rd, there will be Nagash, Nagash end times campaign book, plastic spirit host, Mannfred and nightgheist / Arkhan the black / Neferata on some undead monster plastic kit.

There will be a battle report in WD, Nagash vs Tomb kings army, Nagash fights them on his own. He is very expensive. Around 500 Skaven Slaves.
He can be taken in any undead army. Undead are running rampant through the warhammer world and because of this undead units can be taken in any army.'

#4 ·
NAGASH

Just so you know, from what I have heard recently Nagash is a level 5 wizard, has a statline from hell, recovers wounds for every wound he causes and is literally able to take on an entire army by himself. Yes, the battle report has him facing a Tomb Kings army on his own.

With regards to magic I have heard two conflicting things. One that he is Loremaster in both the Lore of Death and Lore of the Vampires and the other is saying he has his own Lore to represent his utter mastery of Necromancy due to the fact he created it.

As for the Vampires, Manfred is getting his own mount like the one he is mentioned riding when he kidnapped the Everqueen's daughter, a mount that is apparently halfway between a Terrorghiest and a Zombie Dragon in terms of ability whilst Neferata is also getting her own mount which, according to the info anyway, is apparently huge.

JvK B)

#12 ·
I cant remember where i saw it, or if its even legit but someone mentioned that various armies would get new models with this release and im sure a new Thanquol and Boneripper model was mentioned for Skaven. Perhaps if the rumours of Neferrata getting a new model along with Nagash, then maybe it will be a big character model based release?

#16 ·
Neferata just.. ughh.. Fugly. Not at all how i think she should have looked. She is supposed to be beautiful but that looks like she hit every branch on the ugly stick on the way down. Not impressed at all. Think it's a hit and a miss espically for me.

#17 ·
Personally I am liking the models for Manfred and Arkhan the Black, however I think I would have preferred Arkhan on his eponymous flying chariot. Manfred is going to be expensive in terms of points, especially since he does not have a ward save and will rely on his magic to keep him alive. However he is still a close combat monster with Loremaster for both Lore of Death and Lore of the Vampires meaning he can get to where he needs to be very quickly. The downside is that he is a firepower magnet, as is Neferata, Arkhan and Nagash.

JvK B)

#19 ·
Now im definately starting a Vampire Counts in 40k project. These models are beautifull and Arkhan's skeleton horse is amazing!

Im thinking, maybe keep the low tech swords and shields aspect and basic troops (skeletons) will have Guardsmen stats but to make up for their lack of guns they will have FNP and because of the powerfull Necromantic energies surrounding them, maybe give them something simmilar to Reanimation Protocols as well as Brotherhood of Psykers and access to a low strength, high shot primaris power so they can actually do something from a distance, with the bigger creatures and units having access to stronger Psychic powersand the ability to summon more undead, or even turn fallen opponents into reinforcements...

#21 ·
Now im definately starting a Vampire Counts in 40k project. These models are beautifull
Surely you do not mean Neferata who... well yeah.. for perhaps the most beautiful woman in the warhammer world alongside Morathai and Ariell.. ick.

in general I think this is a problem with GW's female sculpts
Couldn't agree more it's like they have no idea how to desing or proportion a woman at all. It's why i go looking for over companines like Reaper or Raging Heros for femele models.

#23 ·
I don't agree with that either, It's clear in the Nagash books that she was perhaps one of the most beautiful woman in the warhammer world and that was without magic.

I don't think she was based off the Anne Rice character though no comment really as i have never read her books.. wasn't a huge fan of Interview with a Vampire and cause of the fillm never wanted to read the books.

The description of her when she comes out to Fight Alcaddzir she is supposed to be stunning even in armour. Personally don't see it JVK You can disagree with me but i am still entitled to feel what i feel and i feel that the model is really ugly and it is not what i think of when i think of Neferta.

#26 ·
I don't think she was based off the Anne Rice character though no comment really as i have never read her books.. wasn't a huge fan of Interview with a Vampire and cause of the film never wanted to read the books.
I've read Queen of the Damned, trust me, she is.

The description of her when she comes out to Fight Alcaddzir she is supposed to be stunning even in armour. Personally don't see it JVK You can disagree with me but i am still entitled to feel what i feel and i feel that the model is really ugly and it is not what i think of when i think of Neferata.
That is fair enough. :)

JvK B)

#27 ·
The Nagash book is leaking, and what units from both Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts that can be used in the new Undead Legions is being revealed.

Check Here for the Leaked Images, and more Details.
L'Astropate: News e Rumors di Warhammer 40.000

(N): Warhammer Nagash
(CV): Vampire Counts
(RF): Tomb Kings

Lords
Nagash
Mannfred von Carstein, Mortarch of Night
Arkhan the Black, Mortarch of Sacrament
Neferata, Mortarch of Blood
Krell, Mortarch of Despair
Vlad von Carstein, Mortarch of Shadow
Vampire Lord
High Necromancer
Ghoul King Strigoi
High Queen Khalida
Tomb King
High Liche Priest

Heroes
Necromancer
Vampire
Wight King
Cairn Wraith
Tomb Banshee
Prince Apophas
Tomb Prince
Tomb Herald
Liche Priest
Necrotect

Core Units
Zombies
Vampire Counts Skeleton Warriors
Cypt Ghouls
Dire Wolves
Tomb Kings Skeleton Warriors
Skeleton Archers
Skeleton Horsemen
Skeleton Horsemen with bows
Skeleton Chariot

Special Units
Corpse Cart
Grave Guard
Black Knights
Cypt Horrors
Fell Bats
Bat Swarm
Spirit Host
Hexwraiths
Vargheists
Tomb Guards
Necropolis Knights
Tomb Scorpion
Ushabti
Tomb Swarm
Carrion
Khemrian Warsphinx
Sepulchral Stalkers
Morgast Harbingers

Rare Units
Varghulfs
Blood Knights
Cairn Wraiths
Black Coach
Terrorgheist
Mortis Engine
Bones Giant
Hierotitan
Necrosphinx
Screaming Skull Catapult
Casket of Souls
Morghast Archai

via Antihierophant on Warseer
The Return of Nagash is up on Black Library for advance order and there is a sample up too. The sample's prologue sets up a lot of the End of Times world so I thought I'd share that with you here. The framing is Manfred scrying in a bowl of blood and looking around the world. These are the main things he sees in order;

-A twin tailed comet
-A "storm of chaos" sweeping the world; random deamonic manifestations are popping up all over the world. All small and lasting only a short time.
-Valkia is leading a huge Khornate army against Naggarond
-Massive daemonic incursion in Lustria. The jungles burn.
-Huge daemonic invasion of Ulthuan.
-In Brettonia Mallobaude, the bastard son of Leoncouer, leads a joint army of disgraced knights and the undead (backed up by Arkhan of all people) kills his father.
-Deamonic invasions of the dwarf hold Copper mountain and Neferata's Silver Pinnacle, but the deamons just pop out of existance half way through the battles.
-Massive Nurgle-y plague in Middenheim
-In Athel Loren the Vaults of Winter break open and the great trees, including the Oak of Ages, split open to reveal they are filled with maggots.
-Gotrek chopping up beastmen in some Kislevite city. No sign of Felix.
-Another daemon invasion in Averland. This one too, just disappears as soon as it hits the walls of Averheim.
-Massive stone monoliths, big as skyscrapers grow out of the ground around the world. Become focal points for beastmen to flock to them.
-Riots in Nuln. Nobles attacked and either hanged or torn apart. Implied death of the Countess.
-The Tsarina is still alive in Kislev leading a counter-attack against Chaos horde.
-The Green Knight takes off his helmet and is revealed as Giles le Breton returned (later in the sample it says he killed Mallobaude).
-A multi-province Empire army defeats a Chaos army lead by Vilitch the Curseling as he besieges them.
-Chaos hoarde attacking the Great Bastion.
-Tomb Kings, Dwarfs, Greenskins and Orges all readying for war and Skaven launching large scale invasion on Tilea and Estalia, quite successfully.
-At the north pole 4 impossibly gigantic deamon armies are forming. 4 Exalted daemons bow to Archaon.

Not sure how much of this is just narrative and how much will become official fluff, but some interesting ideas.
Let us just say things are getting a tad dark.

JvK B)

#28 ·
that stuff sounds awesome JVK. I hope it means something like another world wide 'tourney' for warhammer where the respective armies fight each other and report their battles for victory/defeats. That would be fun.

#30 ·
absolutely I'm really looking forward to it. I wonder if there will be hints in the campaign books at rules that will surface as mainstream in 9th?

Oh.. before I forget on faeit:
Nagash Book 1 will include rules for Valten, and a Chaos Warrior Champion. By far, Nagash is a top notch model with amazing detail. I have the old one, and there is just no comparison.
The old world os going to be a very different place in 9th it would seem.

#33 · (Edited)
if I've translated this rumour picture (ahem..)

Crom
at the beginning of each combat round he has a choice of choosing 1 or 2 hand weapons -if he chooses 2 weapons he gets +3 additional attacks! if he chooses 1 he gets +2 armour / +1 parry and 5+ ward! GO CROM!

Valten - two hand weapons - or can give up the additional hand weapon for a fully barded war horse with Ghal Maraz : Immune to psychology : 4+ ward : once per game can use “the power of signer” - declares at he beginning of combat and gains d3 T / S / A : all troops within 6” are stubborn : The first wound he suffers which would kill him (including outright such as KB, HKB multiple wounds, roll 2d6 and on a 9 or less he ignores the damage.

I could be totally wrong so please take with a pinch of salt

La Taberna de Laurana

#34 · (Edited)
I have just finished reading the The End Times: Nagash and all I can say is that this whole thing is starting to feel like Warhammer meets Game of Thrones with all the deaths, betrayals and major plot twists going on.

What I can see happening in the next book.

Tyrion is elected as the next Phoenix King. However, enraged by the death of his daughter (yes, he the father of the Everqueen's daughter, not Finubar.) he draws the Widowmaker and vows to kill Nagash, Malekith and drive back the forces of Chaos.
Archaon begins his march south.
The High Elves and the Dark Elves are forced into an uneasy truce to face the coming darkness.

JvK B)

#35 ·
Let me guess- Teclis is the new Eldrad?
Just curious did you buy the book w/o the rules or with? I'm not sure that I'm willing to spend that much on some rules that I have no idea how long will be good for.

#36 ·
Let me guess- Teclis is the new Eldrad?
Not quite sure what he is. But let us just say that he has made a deal with the Devil so to speak and if Tyrion finds out what he has done, Tyrion is going to kill his brother. FACT!!!

JvK B)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.