Librarium Online Forums banner

Wood Elves

1K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  OmnipotentKiwi 
#1 · (Edited)
Deleted.

#3 ·
Originally posted by Commander Montka@Feb 8 2005, 21:46
dude, what the hell are you talking about? either you think you know something no one else does, or your in the wrong forum (this is 40k), and if you think you know something relavent, please try and include more info.
[snapback]324257[/snapback]​

yesyesyes

and all i say is that i hope they got a makeover cuz they wer UGLY as HELL in 6th ed model range.

they should be scrapped anyway. i have senn 0, yes, ZERO WE armies in my pitiful pointless life.

#8 ·
as far as i know the whole range will be getting a revamp, new units are bring released inlcuding a plastic regiment box.
Centaurs will not be part of it.
but they are getting several new units

#10 ·
Ever seen that little section dedicated to Warhammer Fantasy? Yeah, that one means we can have fantasy rumours, fantasy conversions, fantasy painting and fantasy general discussion.

I've heard that the wood elves will be released in the summer aswell.
Units I've heard of so far are Glade guard, archers, dryads, ogre sized tree spirits, glade riders, some other cavalry unit and treemen.
I'm hoping that they won't play at all like they do now. Just have loads of 5 man groups with archers doing all the work.

#11 ·
The wood elves will be here at the end of the summer. Glade gaurd will only be armed with bows and a new unit called the eternal gaurd which are armed with spears will be added. A new tree spirit lord has been added to the army list. Also Orion King in the Woods will be added as a special character.

I will update when i get more news

#12 ·
this is a RUMOURS section, so saying its just for 40K is a load of bollocks. There is nothing to say that Fantasy posts should be made elswehere, otherwise this would be called 40K Rumours.

Im hoping for a something different with the woodelves, as playing against hordes o' archers armies can get a little frustrating and boring. Im gonna try my best to get to your side of the table and charge you and youre gonna do your best to shoot me to bits before i get there

#13 ·
Originally posted by JustikarYuri@Feb 9 2005, 00:09

yesyesyes

and all i say is that i hope they got a makeover cuz they wer UGLY as HELL in 6th ed model range.
they should be scrapped anyway. i have senn 0, yes, ZERO WE armies in my pitiful pointless life.
[snapback]324270[/snapback]​
maybe you should get out more. and so what if they aren't played now, what's to say they won't be played when revamped. i plan to play the new edition, but i don't have an army now. what's the point with wood elves coming out so soon?

in new wood elves, i hope there's less focus on archers, but the general strategy remains with being as annoying and impossible to pin down as possible without being an awful army to play against.

#15 ·
Don't forget the dryads will now look like dryads, and not miniature treemen.
But that new unit "forest spirits", anyone have any info on them?
And will the dragon keep it's acid breath?
Will warhawk riders still exist?

#16 ·
Originally posted by Bobby_Wokkerfella@Feb 18 2005, 00:02
:blink:
The new range IS the sixth ed range. The reason they are ugly as all hell is because they are all 5th ed models.
[snapback]332844[/snapback]​
If I remember correctly, Wood Elves haven't been given anything drastically new since 4th edition. Maybe Waywatchers buts thats it I think

I guess they are going to try to make the Wood Elves more than just line upon line of archers who never move. I am not sure how they would accomplish it, but GW is going to force them to be more mobile.

#17 ·
Originally posted by Colonel_Kraken@Mar 16 2005, 06:08
But that new unit "forest spirits", anyone have any info on them?
[snapback]353936[/snapback]​
The "forest spirits" are suppose to be like Daemon units. Probably unbreakable but take instability checks. I also heard the rumor that it will be possible to do a Forest Spirit army, so I'm guessing we'll be seeing quite a bit more then the dryads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.