New Heavy Support For Tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this could be great news for tau players.
    i overheard someone in games workshop talking about a new heavy support.
    something to do with 5-10 fw being able to take rail rifles as a heavy support slot

just think of all the fluff with that (Y)

however i can imagine it would be expensive to use

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by white scar@Feb 8 2005, 13:56

this could be great news for tau players.
    i overheard someone in games workshop talking about a new heavy support.
    something to do with 5-10 fw being able to take rail rifles as a heavy support slot

just think of all the fluff with that (Y)
    however i can imagine it would be expensive to use
    [snapback]323576[/snapback]
    I don't think they'l get Rail Rifles, i always thought any Tau hand held heavy support would be a variation on the missile launcher. FW support teams doesn't really suit the Tau fluff anyway, battlesuits supply the fire support.

I'd rather have ability to take Krootox herds without having to attach them to Carnivore Kindreds. Krootox wouldn't be a bad choice if you could just let them sit back and pound away with there kroot guns and then use them as a counter assault unit, instead of having to attach them to Kroot wich cripples the Kroot's mobility or wasts the Krootox's firepower. Maybe enlarge the Krootox herd to 2-6 or something, make them a separate unit, give the option to mount the odd battlesute weapon on one or two of them...ahhh, i can but dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see a bigger krootox herd posing near the same threat as a suad of rail rifles. I mean they are 50 points a piece and are T3(5). Two assault cannons could kill the whole squad in one turn before the krootox even got a chance to inflict any damage.
    Granted a squad of fw couldn't hold up very long against that kind of fire power either, but at least they could take out some marines before they bit the dust.
    Plus a suad of fw would have greater mobility with a devilfish and could be bonded. Giving the Tau a fw rail rifle suad would really give it that punch it is currently lacking in comparison to other armies.
    "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."

+ Reply to Thread