The Gathering Storm II: The Fracture of Biel Tan - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

The Gathering Storm II: The Fracture of Biel Tan

Behold the video for the next installment of the Gathering Storm saga.

HERE

I believe that the events that occur in The Fracture of Biel Tan will happen at the same time as the events of The Fall of Cadia leading to an interesting meeting of Triumvirates in a manner that will see the story progress beyond the events of The Fall of Cadia. GW did a similar thing with The End Times so it would make sense.

Yvraine, Emissary of Ynnead

The Visarch, Sword of Ynnead

The Ynncarne, Avatar of Ynnead

I get the feeling that Yvraine is actually Lady Aurellia Malys the Archon of the Kabal of the Poison Tongue and that she has attained a new roles as well as a new name. However I get he feeling that will be seeing a lot of dead Eldar by the end of the book.

JvK

Last edited by Jared van Kell; January 23rd, 2017 at 02:33.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

I see Yvraine as Malys, and Visarch as Drazhar. The "Sword of Ynnead" seems to be very Incubi-like, so I can see it turning out that Drazhar was Arha all along, and he is now reborn as the Phoenix Lord of Ynnead.

What I really, REALLY hope is that this is not GW's way of writing Slaanesh out of the setting like they did with Slaanesh in Age of Sigmar. As in, "Ynnead was born and Slaanesh was devoured" kind of thing.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Marius the Possessed View Post
    What I really, REALLY hope is that this is not GW's way of writing Slaanesh out of the setting like they did with Slaanesh in Age of Sigmar. As in, "Ynnead was born and Slaanesh was devoured" kind of thing.
    "And then came the ratHrud god and the spaceskavenHrud faction..."

Could be a long year for tournament players if the new eldar characters are as far above their counterparts as Celestine is above her old rules.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just hope they don't kill of Biel-Tan completely. It's not been a good year for me - my 3 favourite factions are screwed - Imperial Fists are (again) decimated, Space Wolves are practically shattered, and now Fracture of Biel-Tan does not bode well for my favourite Eldar craftworld.

I sincerely hope this doesn't turn into the 40k "End Times" like they did with Fantasy and AoS, although I know that it is a slim hope. The Eldar factions should stay as separate entities.

As for the models, Yvraine does indeed look Dark Eldar-ish. Visarch on the other hand looks a lot more craftworld based - maybe something to do with the Court of the Young King? Or a new Phoenix Lord? That would be cool.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch_Thomo View Post
    I just hope they don't kill of Biel-Tan completely. It's not been a good year for me - my 3 favourite factions are screwed - Imperial Fists are (again) decimated, Space Wolves are practically shattered, and now Fracture of Biel-Tan does not bode well for my favourite Eldar craftworld.

I sincerely hope this doesn't turn into the 40k "End Times" like they did with Fantasy and AoS, although I know that it is a slim hope. The Eldar factions should stay as separate entities.

As for the models, Yvraine does indeed look Dark Eldar-ish. Visarch on the other hand looks a lot more craftworld based - maybe something to do with the Court of the Young King? Or a new Phoenix Lord? That would be cool.
    I'm hoping against hope that it ends up with the plot stopping again at "just after Cadia falls". That way they advance the plot, can release their new Primarchs and such, and it isn't the end of the galaxy.

As for Visarch, those back mounted pieces scream Incubi to me. So we shall see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm hoping against hope that it ends up with the plot stopping again at "just after Cadia falls". That way they advance the plot, can release their new Primarchs and such, and it isn't the end of the galaxy.
    This would be good.

As for Visarch, those back mounted pieces scream Incubi to me. So we shall see.
    See, my first thought was it looks like the back vanes on the wraithguard/guardian models:

And the sword definitely screams craftworld elder.

Thematically, it would also make some sense - if the Emissary is Dark Eldar, The Sword is Craftworld, the Avatar certainly looks like a blending of Craftworld and Dark Eldar (with a hint of slaanesh thrown in)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

From what I hear GW are just moving the time line forward to Total War. Cadia falls, Poo hits the fan. Guilliman wakes up and isn't happy. He says the Codex Astartes isn't working and pulls the legions back together to fight the threat.

Or something like that anyway. The models, look nice. Especially the armoured chap but I've never been fussed with Eldar models.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

355 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak View Post
    From what I hear GW are just moving the time line forward to Total War. Cadia falls, Poo hits the fan. Guilliman wakes up and isn't happy. He says the Codex Astartes isn't working and pulls the legions back together to fight the threat.
    Let's hope. I was just getting into Fantasy when it tanked and that stopped me from even giving Age of Sigmar a shot. Obviously it doesn't make sense to scratch 40k (they did just start two new army lines last year with Skitarii and Mechanicus), and I do like that one of the first models they released was for what is most likely their least popular lines, Sisters of Battle. If they were being squatted, wouldn't make sense to create new models for them, that would have been like coming out with a new Bretonnian model during the End Times run.

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak View Post

Or something like that anyway. The models, look nice. Especially the armoured chap but I've never been fussed with Eldar models.
    I would say that Guilliman is going to have a hissy fit when he see's what they have done to the Imperium and break Ultramar away in order to turn the 499 worlds (Poor Prandium) back into a decent place to live once more. Of course on hearing that Guilliman is back once more I can only imagine that Lorgar will be interested in paying his brother a visit.

JvK
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

355 (x8)

Breaking Ultramar away doesn't seem like a Guilliman thing to do; he'd need his old Legion back to defend it and even if he tried to get all the successors back together, they have ten thousand years of history on their new homeworlds all over the galaxy. Unless Matt Ward is writing it they won't all simply up and leave because their dad has come back from getting smokes at the store for ten millennia. Not to mention the civil war it would cause and the basic tenet of not dividing your forces at a time like this.

I can see Legions reforming though, just not with only one centralized base any more. The Sons of Sanguinius are already doing that because of how they came together to defend Baal, the Iron Hands seem to be moving that way too, and the Dark Angels are probably already secretly still a Legion just waiting for ol Lion to wakey wakey.
    Last edited by Marius the Possessed; January 26th, 2017 at 21:04.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast