The Gathering Storm III: Rise of the Primarch - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

The Gathering Storm III: Rise of the Primarch

Roboute Guilliman (Rawbutt Girlyman) is deciding he has had enough and rises from his throne to lead the Imperium in what is perhaps its darkest hour ever. With him are the mysterious Lord Cypher and Grand Master Voldus of the 3rd Brotherhood. I would imagine that this is the new triumvrate for this book.

Video Reveal
    Cover
    Roboute Guilliman 1
    Roboute Guilliman 2
    Cypher
    Grand Master Voldus

JvK

Last edited by Jared van Kell; February 3rd, 2017 at 21:51.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

You beat me to the mark with the new photo's. Great stuff all round Although I think I prefer the FW Robute That sword is awesome though and the paint job on it is just the shizz. The Grand Master looks awesome though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new Cypher model is my favourite of the three.

Rowboat just looks...off. Much prefer the FW model. But the HB under the power fist doesn't look right. Maybe it's the angles, but it looks like he'd never be able to actually make a fist.

This also explains why they got Matt Ward back as a contractor. I wonder how often "Spiritual liege" will be mentioned. Hmm...new drinking game?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch_Thomo View Post
    The new Cypher model is my favourite of the three.
    Same here. I cannot wait to see his updated rules. I am also pleased that he is back to his original black colour scheme as he is after all still a member of the Dark Angels legion.

Rowboat just looks...off. Much prefer the FW model. But the HB under the power fist doesn't look right. Maybe it's the angles, but it looks like he'd never be able to actually make a fist.
    Well to be honest the FW model does not do him justice in my opinion, it is just too static. We are after all talking about the supreme commander of all of the Imperium's armies here so you should expect a little dynamism his model. As for the powerfist, he would easily be able to form a fist since the heavy bolter is connected to the outer shell as opposed to the fist itself. The energy field of the fist would also surround the heavy bolter part as well so he does not even need to close his fist for it to be able to destroy his enemies.

This also explains why they got Matt Ward back as a contractor. I wonder how often "Spiritual liege" will be mentioned. Hmm...new drinking game?
    They got him back because HE is our Spiritual Liege. Thou shalt know that any criticism of our Spiritual Liege will not be tollerated for our Spiritual Liege is our Spiritual Liege and there shalt be no other Spiritual Liege before him.

As for the drinking game, yeah, why not. (Oh b******s I forgot that I am drinking Jaegermiester......... )

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak View Post
    You beat me to the mark with the new photo's. Great stuff all round Although I think I prefer the FW Robute That sword is awesome though and the paint job on it is just the shizz. The Grand Master looks awesome though.
    Hehe still got it.

I quite like the model, especially with the helmet on. I am curious to see his rules as I am wondering just how much of his Horus Heresy rules will actually translate over to the 40K setting. Oh and I should mention it but that is actually the Emperor's sword he is using and his armour is built by Bellasrius Cawl.

JvK
    Last edited by Jared van Kell; February 4th, 2017 at 14:24.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1466 (x8)

I am actually curious as to just how Guilliman is going to take the state of affairs in the Imperium. You have one of the most secular and rational thinking of all the primarchs waking up in an Imperium where religious hysteria, superstition and scientific regression are commonplace. Should be interesting.

JvK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what was it that cawl had in stasis? Has that been revealed yet?

And yeah, it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Vulkan was fairly disgusted/incensed with the state of the Imperium, and that was only 1500 years after he disappeared (IIRC) - and he was the "nice" one. Roboot has been gone for a long, long time and is shown to have quite a temper as well...the high lords should get a shake up.

Does anyone else get the feeling though that they are moving to a "Points of Light"/Battle Realms setting similar to AoS, where it will be different factions against each other; Ruinstorm 2.0 or some such.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1466 (x8)

It would not surprise me if Guilliman created another Imperium Secundus based on the ideals of the Great Crusade and the Emperor's original vision for humanity.

JvK

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Jared van Kell View Post
    It would not surprise me if Guilliman created another Imperium Secundus based on the ideals of the Great Crusade and the Emperor's original vision for humanity.

JvK
    I find it unlikely at this point. He created the first one because he believed the Imperium had already fallen and he was preparing to create a bulwark to defend. As soon as he realized that wasn't the case, he was shocked and appalled at his own actions.

To found another Imperium Secundus at this point would be to write off the rest of the Imperium. I feel that it is far more likely that he will step in as he did after the Heresy, take control of the Imperium and attempt to save the whole. Remember, he had the Sotha beacon before to use instead of the Astronomicon, that's not an option now, so Terra is even more important. Not to mention the possibility that letting Terra perish could unleash a new Eye of Terror, or drown the entire galaxy in the warp.

+ Reply to Thread