Librarium Online Forums banner

Guardians With Lasblasters?!

763 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Sareld 
#1 ·
Yestarday, I heard form a worker-slave in a gaming store (not GW) that the new codex will allow you to field guardians with either lasblasters or shuriken catapults. It sounds sweet, but can anyone confirm it?

#2 ·
Haven't heard anything myself, but I do know that Eldar used to field Lasguns similar to the IG flashlights. That was back in the early days. But if they're planning on giving the Guardians a choice between the shuricats and the Swooping hawks weapons, well, that's just super.

Will allow for a whole new set of tactics and diversity in Eldar armies.

#4 ·
Just means you need to buy the boxes of the old ones. Plastic models, 20 guardians, all w/ lasguns. My understanding was that all lasgun eldar were just shuricats mistaken for lasguns... but who cares, means i won't have to convert mine. Dang was gonna change them to fusion guns and save a bundle on fire dragons.

#5 ·
hmm wow, well i dont quite know if this rumour is true... as we cannot tell any real rumour about eldar is true yet, as they are not anywhere close yet to release..

but as said.. it would create some way different tactics :p

hmm, i believe if they recieved lasblasters, people might get angry XD

24'' 2 shots each guardian.. pretty nice deal for guardian defender, who somtiems need that range :)

#6 ·
Basically, a lasblaster is an assault 2 version of the lasgun = you will NEED that many shots. Bot if any GW HQ is reading this, I´ll buy a truckload of guardians if they have lasbalsters :D

Really, I would even pay extra points for the upgrade... a guardian would be worth 9 or 10 points worth then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.