$quids in for stealers!$ - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member hivefleetjuggernaut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$quids in for stealers!$

Any body wondered how exspensive the new stealers are?
    let me refresh your memory:
    they are £15 for 8!
    O.K that doesnt sound too expensive but compare them to the current ones that are £12 for 12 it makes them fairly pricey. But I actually dont care because I have waited for the big Cheeses at GW to make some more and they have done a pretty good job on them and I am going to buy them.
    see ya!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, sure they're expensiver (is that a word?), but, in a sneak peek, on the genestealer sprue there was some big, spiky thing! Whats that? The genestealers can have feeding tendrils (like pulse carbines to a fire warrior squad) which are (rumors say) have prefered enemy to everyone!! That's 3+ hit to everyone! Even Avatars! The genestealers will probably go crazy! They'll be like Str. 5, T 4 WS 6 I 8 3 attacks!
    "If a ninja does anything anywhere it won't make a sound, but if it does it's probably gonna be the last sound you hear."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

expensiver
    It's actually "more expensive" and no expensiver is not a word

Quote Originally Posted by Fast and Deadly
    The genestealers will probably go crazy! They'll be like Str. 5, T 4 WS 6 I 8 3 attacks!
    Come on. Let's be realistic hear. I8?!?! That's more than what the broodlord is supposed to be. And if for some reason these stats are anywhere near true they would be about 30+ points apiece.

If anything, I think that the genestealers in the new codex are going to be worse than the current ones, because of the options they are supposed to get.

BTW, if you were being sarcastic, it didn't come out to good.
    <-- that room over there in my avatar is full of people who think you are funny...BURN...

"There are some who call me...Tim?" - Tim the Enchanter

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The genestealers will probably go crazy! They'll be like Str. 5, T 4 WS 6 I 8 3 attacks!
    lol wat makes u think that?

They'll prob stay as they are: St4, T4, I6 (which is still really high) and Attacks 2. Its just feeding Tenticles and fleet that'll make them solid.

Also, with the BroodLord who isnt a TMC so cant be picked out and say Scything talons they are going to rip marines to shreads. Mwhahahahaha....
    "They are coming! I feel them scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices. They're coming for us - flesh, body and soul!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I guess I 8 is a bit crazy. But they better be better than the old ones! Only 8 models in a box! That's like a command squad (models in the box by numbers). If they are worse, they'll be loads of critisism on GW. I think they get FoC, which is great news, and hopefully they get to charge 12"! Then they'd be more worth it.
    &quot;If a ninja does anything anywhere it won't make a sound, but if it does it's probably gonna be the last sound you hear.&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Yeah, I guess I 8 is a bit crazy. But they better be better than the old ones! Only 8 models in a box! That's like a command squad (models in the box by numbers). If they are worse, they'll be loads of critisism on GW. I think they get FoC, which is great news, and hopefully they get to charge 12"! Then they'd be more worth it.
    They definitely won't charge 12" -- especially not for their current cost (which certainly won't go up) and with their current stats! Fleet-of-foot is in all the rumours and given the detail of Kirasu's "New Codex Information" thread, I'm willing to accept it as truth.

The only thing I can forsee changing in the statline is the armour-save, but even that is unlikely. Any boosts they do get will be via biomorphs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ostsol
    They definitely won't charge 12" -- especially not for their current cost (which certainly won't go up) and with their current stats! Fleet-of-foot is in all the rumours and given the detail of Kirasu's "New Codex Information" thread, I'm willing to accept it as truth.

The only thing I can forsee changing in the statline is the armour-save, but even that is unlikely. Any boosts they do get will be via biomorphs.
    Pretty sure genestealers will be 5+ and can get extended carapace to be 4+

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen the codex and from what I remember steelers are the same as current except they can fleet and they don't get infiltrate and have a 5+ save. The broodlord is I7 with upgrade to I8 for a few points.
    Current Armies-
    Slaanesh (CSM)
    Daemonhunters
    Empire
    High Elves (BloodBowl)

Warseer Blood Bowl League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to be honest i get the feeling the lictor will be changing a little rather than the stealers. I think stealers will be pretty much the same bar maybe the armour and infiltrate-subtraction rumours. Lictors might go down in strength to 5, as 6 is classified as a monstrous creature in the rulebook, and i dont think they want lictors as monstrous creatures...be good if they were though.
    Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes...by that time they'll be a mile away, and have no shoes

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

I own the Codex, and Stealers are so back. If you kit them out right (Scuttlers, Extended Carapace), they can save against bolter fire and move 24" on the first turn. Scuttlers gives them the Scout ability, so a free 6" move. The still move and assault 6", but they get FoC standard. Of course, this makes them 23 poipnts each, but for the chance of a first turn assault, it might be worth it.

The Lictor stayed pretty much the same, though he Deepstrikes now instead of Secretly Deploying. He has to DeepStirke into cover, if he scatters out, he still stays in the edge of cover. They also get to charge from DeepStrike. Though I think the nicest thing about Lictors is that for every Lictor you buy, you get 1 reroll of a failed reserve roll, even if the Lictors aren't in play. These rolls can be used for any brood other than the Lictor.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast