Craftworld Altansar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Craftworld Altansar

Anyone got any idea what is going on with the lost craftworld Altansar. During the EoT campaign it was supposedly recovered by the Eldar, but I want to know if it will ever have any rules, because im betting they will be good Chaos Fighters after living in Chaos Space. Maybe the Chaos got to them and they became a Heretic Eldar army? Im not sure whats going on, GW just mentioned it and forgot it, and I really think they would be a fun craftworld.

May the Emperor's Light shine upon you, and the Commissar's barrel not,
    Inquisitor Dagmar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

They are ALL dead, Maugan Ra went back and was attacked by their ghosts.

Dead Dead Dead

You wont get an army of them unless you have derik achora as your HQ. muhahaha
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where does it say they're dead?

From what I know, Altansar came out of the eye, and 'ghostly warriors' came down to help

ghostly, not ghost. Still alive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Well, i don't know if they are dead, but i sincerely doubt they're going to get rules in the new eldar 'dex - when Altansar was absorbed into the Eye of Terror, they fought off the daemons and ravening warp entities for a time, but eventually they succumbed to the power. First they failed to hold off the daemons and suffered damage, then finally realised that Chaos was the only way to survive in the Warp and turned to the ruinous powers, which turned them insane. Poor Altansar, nothing to do but scream at the warp.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

170 (x5)

The Eldar already have a Craftworld of the dead: Iyanden.

I couldn't quite see where the Altansar would fit, because the other Craftworlds already cover the other bases:
    Ulthwé: Psykers (HQ)
    Iyanden: Heavy Support
    Alaitoc: Troops
    Biel-Tan: Elites
    Saim-Hann: Fast Attack

What would Altansar be without stepping on someone else's toes?

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofchange
    Well, i don't know if they are dead, but i sincerely doubt they're going to get rules in the new eldar 'dex - when Altansar was absorbed into the Eye of Terror, they fought off the daemons and ravening warp entities for a time, but eventually they succumbed to the power. First they failed to hold off the daemons and suffered damage, then finally realised that Chaos was the only way to survive in the Warp and turned to the ruinous powers, which turned them insane. Poor Altansar, nothing to do but scream at the warp.
    You've just described the Space Wolves 13th Company. They have a 'codex' more or less.

But the whole point of Altansar coming back says
    "hey, everybody who thought we succumbed to the warp and went insane, we're actually fairly alive and ready to rock~ and besides, nobody wrote fluff for us beyond 'lost in the warp', so quit bugging us about daemonic infestation"

There's a few dozen marine chapters out there, and pretty much all of them are the 'smash things in hth' sort, and people still get the idea of vague variety, so having more Eldar just great

In fact, the CWE codexes just switch around force composition. There is plenty to do with Eldar variety in the future.

My guess for Altansar- fearless demon killers, they survived and picked up some new tricks along the way.
    Last edited by LostZaku; August 2nd, 2005 at 07:16.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

But the whole point of Altansar coming back says
    "hey, everybody who thought we succumbed to the warp and went insane, we're actually fairly alive and ready to rock~ and besides, nobody wrote fluff for us beyond 'lost in the warp', so quit bugging us about daemonic infestation"
    Still, you saying that, i really do doubt they will come back, for a number of reasons:

1. It will remove the mystery/coolness of Maugan Ra - being the only survivor of a dead craftworld makes Maugan Ra a very mysterious and appealing character - if Altansar comes back, Maugan Ra's just gonna become another eldar from another craftworld, not a lone survivor.
    2. They got blasted by warp energy when Slaanesh was born - that's gotta do something to the Eldar's minds.

But still, also, as people have said, Altansar did take part in the Eye of Terror campaign - it has been sighted and according to GW fluff "it's fate is doubted". It's just surprising if they did bring it back, it doesn't have much of a gap to fill in the "battlefield skills". As others have said, we already have the majority of the facets of combat. If they modelled all of the exarchs on Maugan Ra though... :o
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x2)

Altansar could work in my oppinion but it'd have to be very different to anything we've seen before. who knows it could be that they didn't survive or at least not in the way we'd have expected....
    I still hate Twiglets!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofchange
    Still, you saying that, i really do doubt they will come back, for a number of reasons:

1. It will remove the mystery/coolness of Maugan Ra - being the only survivor of a dead craftworld makes Maugan Ra a very mysterious and appealing character - if Altansar comes back, Maugan Ra's just gonna become another eldar from another craftworld, not a lone survivor.
    2. They got blasted by warp energy when Slaanesh was born - that's gotta do something to the Eldar's minds.

But still, also, as people have said, Altansar did take part in the Eye of Terror campaign - it has been sighted and according to GW fluff "it's fate is doubted". It's just surprising if they did bring it back, it doesn't have much of a gap to fill in the "battlefield skills". As others have said, we already have the majority of the facets of combat. If they modelled all of the exarchs on Maugan Ra though... :o
    Nah, I don't think so. Maugan Ra is still cool. Now he has something to be happy about, his home hasn't been overrun by demons. Now he's from the Craftworld which was believed to be lost, but has now returned.
    2. Altansar got blasted by Slaanesh as much as Ulthwe, meaning that they didn't suffer especially bad from the Fall. Like Ulthwe, Altansar hung around the eye, but got trapped in it eventually. They got trapped in the eye post-Fall.

3. Battlefield role...What is the difference between Space Wolves, Blood Angels, and Black Templars, they are all close-combat armies that frump things in hth. They still have differences, or if they don't have real differences, it goes to show that GW can sell the same thing 3 times over and nobody complains.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

170 (x5)

Well a happy Maugan Ra doesn't really fit in well with the whole "Dark Reapers" thing, does it? But it'd be nice to see him relax once in a while, haha.

Ulthwe is "perilously close" to the Eye of Terror, while Altansar actually got sucked into it. That's a huge difference, as the laws of physics do not apply in the Eye, but they still do around the edge.

The Black Templar, Blood Angels and Space Wolves all have subtle differences, but are more or less hand-to-hand oriented armies; however, the Black Templar rely on massed troops, the Blood Angels on their speed and fury, and the Space Wolves on their heroes...at least fluff-wise. But no, they are nowhere near as diverse as the Craftworlds.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast