40K 4th Edition? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

40K 4th Edition?

Recently I have heard alot of buzz about GW working on a 4th ed of 40K, Not really a change in rules, just a reworking of some of the rules. For example new assault rules(already previewed), new vehicle rules, tinkering with rapid fire weapons...etc. I know its just rumors at this point and that nothing is for certain I would like to know what you guys think should be added or changed.

I for one would like to see the game return to some of its roots and focus more on missions and narritive stories. I have noticed with disturbing frequency that this game has degenerated into a who can build the most destructive army. I have noticed far too many games that dont use missions at all or completly diregard the mission in favor of trying to destroy the other army, only to have them lose because they lost sight of their objective.
    I would also like to see them bring back Strategy Cards. I always loved them and the added that element of surprise that war is so famous for. They were one of my favorite parts of 2nd ed. even though I never seemed to get the good ones!

Anyway lets hear what else should be added/removed/fixed (Game balance issues, not powergaming jibberish.)

--Keep Disco Evil--

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

strategy cards would be cool. never used 2nd ed, but I think they're kinda like titan mission cards in Space Marine. they rocked.

also, some more terrain inter-operability features would be nice. like a bunker with a machine gun nest, where the poor IG could actually use the mg, and maybe stand a chance against the onslaught of gaunts (kinda like aliens movie), or securing a helipad, to bring in reinforcements automatically, without reroll, or maybe a mekboy shop, where da ladz could fix their zogging battulwagon dats been damagaed by da humies.

whaddya think about interop terrain? making the terrain pieces more than lumps to move around or hide in.
    any suggestions on cool interop pieces/rules?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what, huh, FOURTH EDITION40K!?!?!

NOOOooooo!!!!

I'm still recovering from the switch to third edition, i hope its not to extensive like you say, maybe like warhammer 40k version 3.2 or somthing. I don't want to have to worry about adapting my army again, make it like an offical all-in-one addon. Kind of like old skool "dark milenium" except make this add on/update actually useful instead of more confusimng!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Don't worry... They're not gonna make a totally new game like they did last time...

I agree that Strategy Cards (or weren't they called mission cards?) should be brought back but then again that is always something you can make yourself if you are playing with your mates...

I've made dozens of missions in my day that have been randomly delt out before playing...
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your right I dont think it will be a whole new edition per say. But a revision like they're doing to DND, so it might be 40K 3.5 or something...

And Strategy cards were the lil cards you could spring on your opponent at inopportune times. Cards like Forced March, Orbital Barrage, Craven Cowardice, "Look out Sir Arrrggg...." , And the most broken thing GW has ever made, Virus Outbreak. A card so lethal Andy Chambers instructed all 40k players at the time to destroy that card.
    --Keep Disco Evil--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Hmmm.. Yeah... Think I remember them now...

Mission Cards were a bit bigger, right?
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah they wer bigger and each player had his own mission which could be, and usually was, different than the other player. Imagine you have a cleanse mision and your opponent has a recon mision...That would be too confusing I think, instead secondary objectives might be cool
    --Keep Disco Evil--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, I could do without strategy cards. Really cards in general are the one thing I don't miss about 2nd ed! Now I don't have to worry about losing them.

Personally I think 3rd ed. tends to be more mission based than 2nd ed. ever was. 2nd ed. just had the mission cards but if you pounded the other guy into tiny little bits it didn't really matter who completed their mission (since missions were just worth victory points).

I don't mind the idea of separate missions, but only if they are combined in a way that makes sense. Perhaps instead of having cards just have missions where each side has a different objective.
    "Don't Delay-The best is the enemy of the good. By this I mean that a good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week. War is a very simple thing, and the determining characteristics are self-confidence, speed, and audacity. None of these things can ever be perfect, but they can be good."
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A friend told me fantasy is alrdy in the 5th ed... guess the future time game is behind the primitive game... ;P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Fantasy Battles is a much older game, so it is only natural that it is on a higher edition than 40k.
    "Don't Delay-The best is the enemy of the good. By this I mean that a good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week. War is a very simple thing, and the determining characteristics are self-confidence, speed, and audacity. None of these things can ever be perfect, but they can be good."
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast