40k/fantasy rumor - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

40k/fantasy rumor

this is not straight form me, i read it on another forum
    "ELDAR:

The eldar codex is written and is about to go into production ie typsetting, and pre production. All the new mini's have been done and they are all absolutley stunning. As my esteemed collegue De'Sade mentioned in the old thread (for those who cared to notice) Eldar have a new HQ choice in the form of an Autarch, a warrior who has trodden the path of every aspect but has not succumbed to the curse or Exarchdom (if thats even a word). He can use different equipment from different aspects for example have a swooping hawk jump pack and grenade harness along with a reaper launcher or banshee mask As for minatures theres will be a plastic Wraitlord and War walker kit. The Wraith lord is slightly smaller than its predecessor but more in proportion physically. The War Walker has a funky clear plastic canopy that is even more detailed than the one that comes in with the immolator. A new Dark Reaper exarch was mentioned also.

ORKS:

A preproduction look at the new orky "DIY" vehicle sprue was glimpsed but nothing physical. And a plastic Kommando regiment that can only be described as "as detailed as a Kill Team". Other than that nothing yet.

IMPERIAL GUARD:

The Volostian guard regiment, think Tzarist russians with lasguns. They look a little like Valhallans and could be used as them at a push. Think Furry hats, great coats and long droopy moustaches and you wont go far wrong. As for the medium (metal/plastic i cant tell). Planned releas with the City of the Dead book.

TAU:

The Tau most of us have seen already however special mention to the new Ethereals and the Ethereal on the floating diasis must be mentioned. Vast improvements on the old models much more regal looking.

As for the Codex releases there will be no more marine dexes until 2007 however i do know which chapter is next......but i cant tell you or even i'll end up in the brown stuff.

Now onto Fantasy:

As you may all have guessed by now 2006 will see Fantasy Version 7 (Come on GW it wasnt hard to work out the timescale between versions by now was it). As for changes it will be as we all guessed a revised version rather than a re write much like 40k was. What can i tell you about the new rules? Nothing, sworn to secrecy i am (plus i dont want to infringe on intelectual property) but i can say that if you look at a recent white dwarf battle report you see hints in deployment of the wood elf units.

DWARVES:

Again like the Tau nothing new here except some juicy new stunties.

ORCS AND GOBLINS:

Well if you hadn't worked out which army was being revamped next by the fact that there is a new version of fantasy on the horizon and a new plastic giant then you need to be more observant. What you won't know about is the new plastic goblin spider rider miniatures (not for the arachnophobic) and the new plastic stone trolls (which arent that hot). Expect a Xmas 2006 release for these boyz."

This a rumor i heard on dakkadakka.com

"It's true what they say, the power armour really doesn't come off"

"Fear the random number generator cubes"

"It's twin linked, b*tch"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Proud banner bearer of LO Codicier_Valkus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay! New eldar!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have to wait until 2007 for the blood angels? awww bollocks

i was so excited about the new BA dex coming out soon...
    Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes...by that time they'll be a mile away, and have no shoes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

Oh my god! This is the best ever! New Eldar! Well......... the second best ever, new dark eldar would be much cooler.

Was there any mention of new eldar jetbike riders? Because the current models are quite frankly poo, for lack of a better word.

Quite pleased about hearing of the new wraithlord because I don't like the current model, its too out of proportion and too lanky. Its pose is pretty lame too.

Any mention of new wraithguard? Because they are far too expensive to really buy more than a minimum squad, and even then they are more than twice as expensive as any aspect warriors. (not including shining spears)

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Bouyeah, new orks. new vehicles have been needed for a while (though the kans, dread and buggy still look good). Kommandos you say. Well as usless as I find the buggers to be. They definantly work as a kill team and if the models are good, they can still be used as other boyz.

Trenchcoat guard sounds fun too. Sorry not much of an eldar fan, But I would like to see more of them out on the tables.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

N2A
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why new eldar??? or tau??:blink: i mean when i heard about the tau i couldn't believe it. there the newest army (or one of them) and they don't really need new stuff. eldar, maybe. i did eldar for a while and i was getting the feeling that it was getting rather boring but i think their rules are fine and they have plenty of awesome models.

orks are what need the makeover. marines and IG are always getting new stuff, the nids just got some not too long ago, the Sisters of battle are like brand new, same with witch hunters and those weird armies. and necrons are just necrons. they'll never get new models (i hope). Dark eldar could maybe use some stufff, they've been around for ever.

ok i've ranted enough :argh: :shifty:

bottom line- dark eldar, orks, and maybe eldar need some new rules and stuff, but i dont see why tau needs so much attention.

EDIT: yeah i see that orks are getting new units, but i dont see why eldar and tau are ahead of orks. stupid umies from gw. WAAAAGH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

Eldar havent had a new 'dex since 1999 (or was it '01?). They NEED one.
    "It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"

N2A
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess so..but 6 (or 4) isnt all that long. especially because the rules work pretty darn well as they are. i mean i've played countless games with eldar (granted, not tournament or super competitive games,but games non the less) and they worked great.

there are so many different view points, its hard to say who needs to get revamped and who's fine as is.

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by N2A
    there are so many different view points, its hard to say who needs to get revamped and who's fine as is.
    EVERYONE READ THIS AND AGREE!

Let us not argue about who needs it most, and everyone will have a different idea, so instead lets talk about how glad we are that Orks and Eldar are on the way, and that we don't have to worry about more SM codcies ruining the mood!!!

I'm glad to hear that the Eldar are on thier way, anychance to see/model/convert/paint new models rocks in my book.

Can't wait for the Orks to come out and start my Kult of Speed!!!

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

198 (x7)

I wonder how long I'll have to wait for new dark eldar, I don't want to be stuck with obselete models.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast