2nd DOW expansion, Tau + unnamed race - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Just beyond the veil of reality (the darkness comes!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd DOW expansion, Tau + unnamed race

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060130/lam008.html

I just wonder what's the other race they'll include. That makes it a total of Space Marines, Chaos, Guard, Eldar, Orks, Tau, and one as of yet unnamed race.

Perhaps necrons? Although I can't imagine what a necron base would look like... Tomb spiders as builders? But I'd rather see the Inquisiton myself... I can just imagine what kind of crazy crap will come spewing out of the sisters' mouths. "THE EMPEROR WANTS ME TO BURN YOU" lol

Last edited by Ubernyaw; January 31st, 2006 at 03:40.
    "And any man who comes through this fight mostly unharmed will be my sister! It'll be free frocks and jollies for ever, you'll see!"
    - Rome: Total War

my armies
    9th Black Watch (Imperial Guard) 4000 points
    Red Corsairs of Khorne 2000 points
    Space Wolves 13th Company 2000 points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x3)

Wow... that is going to be very crazy.. haha I am going to LOVE DOW more than I already do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probaly 'crons since they were in the campaign.

Wow, sometimes I find that im playing DoW when i should be painting my Space Marines or keeping up in school. :wacko:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squeaks
    Probaly 'crons since they were in the campaign.

Wow, sometimes I find that im playing DoW when i should be painting my Space Marines or keeping up in school. :wacko:
    It probably is 'crons, but that would be sooo boring. Between them and the tau neither of them are quite crazy enough for the dark and forboding future of warhammer 40k. I mean, 2/3 of the fun I have in DOW is just sitting back and taking in the sheer insanity of the participants. Orks are entertaining just to watch and click on and hear them talk (Please.... no more kicking!) or watching a commissar executing guardsmen, or hearing the Berzerkers scream WHY AREN'T WE KILLING YET! The tau aren't insane enough to be fun like that, and the necrons... don't talk, so there's probably going to be a lack of witty dialogue between the two of 'em.

Inquisition, on the other hand... tee hee. I don't even want to imagine the insanity the Arco's scream as their hearts are exploding, and I would pay money just to hear whatever it is sisters repentia scream before charging... it's probably inappropriate and includes the word "emperor" at least 3 times :shifty:
    "And any man who comes through this fight mostly unharmed will be my sister! It'll be free frocks and jollies for ever, you'll see!"

my armies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you think it might be DE. but if they do what would be hte builder i have no clue
    «Ares is the only way to be happy.»

Know Arise a Knight, and go forth and take your vengence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Cool!
    For the other race, I want Inqusition or... no else. It must be the inqusition!
    See it like this (I predict campaigns! Muhahaha!): the Tau are pushing dangerously close to the borders of the Imperium and to prevent their xeno-influence from corrupting the magnificent human minds the Inqusition launches a counter-attack. They battle back and forth for a couple of missions and then some large, evil threat is discovered that includes Eldar, Chaos and the fate of the galaxy. :yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

I heard about this a little while ago and I must say it's pretty cool. Unfortunately for the Tau mod guys...but they've decided to continue work on their version and begin building a campaign to go along with their mod. I for one hope that the new race isn't the Necrons because that would just be kinda boring. Their style of play would be even slower than that of the Imperial Guard and I think this will be taken into account when they design the game. Personally, I'm hoping for Tyranids so that my Chaos Space Marines can cut them down in droves as they rush at my base.

The galaxy is ours! Let it burn!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by NiteRabbit
    I for one hope that the new race isn't the Necrons because that would just be kinda boring. Their style of play would be even slower than that of the Imperial Guard and I think this will be taken into account when they design the game. Personally, I'm hoping for Tyranids so that my Chaos Space Marines can cut them down in droves as they rush at my base.
    I, like many others, think Necrons are unlikly. Sure, they did a fast fly-by in WA with two diffrent units. But the main issue with is the fact that they don't speak. Have you ever heard a Necron speak (no, the C`tans don't count)? They don't. Their army must be really fun to play with then. You get no response from theri units when issuing orders or anything...
    The same with Tyranids. Imagine a campaign with the 'Nids. Mission after mission of devouring and no more. No movies drving the story onwards, no rewards for being a good Tyrant, nothing... If they would make the campaign it would be like the Zergs in Starcraft. A talking Hive Mind with its Norn Queens talking as well and that would be wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they already came out and said on their website that the other race is NOT going to be nids, because Relic says that DOW's current engine wouldn't do them justice and turn them into glorified zerg.

Which leaves Inquisition, Necrons, and Dark Eldar as the other options... Necrons would be boring as hell, and Dark Eldar would be damn near impossible to play. I don't think there's any sane way they could capture the style of a DE army in that game when everybody (...me and my friends at least) thinks regular eldar are just awkard and useless. Which leaves the inquisition...

my armies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

im excited as hell about this. i thought that they might not even have a new expansion. and then i hear they are going to make one..... and it has TWO new races instead of one! im so happy right now. i love DOW and still play it feverishly with every new mod out there. i hope that the new race isnt necrons though, just because id rather see a different race. i also dont want it to be the inquisition, because there are enough humans already in the game. so my ideal new army would definitely be.... dark eldar. wow, i cant believe it. the races are already being almost finished. i found it hard to think of a valid army. but anyways, i cant wait!
    Do it fer da ladz, come join da Ork Klan here!

Blood Axes W/L/D-------- 9/7/3
    Warboss Grorg of the Ork Klan!
    Commander of the Rebel Alliance in the STAR WARS CLAN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast