A 40k movie? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A 40k movie?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 40k movie?

Ordnarily I would post something like this on 40ko but seeing as how its busted, here is a good place to put it.

Some of you may have seen this thread: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29685

Well, I decided to go straight for GW for a possible confirmation. And I got this through email:

Hey chaos0xomega@xxxxx.com,

This is one of the many similar emails we have recieved recently, and like all of them, I am afraid that I must tell you that no a movie is not in the works... yet. Sony and GW are involved in talks over such a thing, heavily in fact, but nothing is set in stone. Like all workplaces however, there are rumors floating about, so I can tell you what we have heard, keep in mind that none of it may be true.

1- 20 million is a bit on the small side isn't it? From what I heard, the 20 million is what is being put towards the film by Games Workshop. Sony will be providing the rest of the financial backing, and in exchange for the license Games Workshop will make a nice profit if the movie succeeds. Remember though, this is not official. This is ONLY what has been rumoured to be true.

2- I don't know the answer to this question.

3- See number 2.

4- From what I understand, both Sony and Games Workshop are looking to make the film in CGI, however that isn't set in stone. I was told it will likely end up being a combination of real actors and heavy cgi effects.

5- None of this is truly set in stone yet, but supposedly GW and Sony are looking to get some of the more well-known people involved in the film, but will also involve a lot of new talent. Don't quote me on that though.

6- A bit off topic isn't it? Well I cannot confirm or deny the existence of a plastic Baneblade, you will have to wait and see what the future holds. What I can tell you is that the model design teams have been looking into making some more forgeworld sets into plastics.

7- See number 6, but replace Baneblade with Drop Pod.

8- Should this movie happen, the Last Chancers storyline is what is most likely to be, however Sony did look at some other storylines in the past from what we hear around here. Again, don't quote me on that, it's all rumours.

9- I haven't heard anything about this at all. Maybe if we're lucky and the movie is a hit! Wishful thinking on my part though.

Again, these is all rumours, and none of it may be true at all. All what I can tell you for sure is that GW is engaged in talks with SOny, and that there may be a movie.

-------------------------------------------
    IF you are curious as to what my questions were, they were 1- Is it true that there is only a budget of 20m for the movie? If so, isnt that a bit on the small side? 2- Who is directing it? 3- When is it gonna be released? 4- Is it gonna be a CGI movie? 5- Anyone famous gonna be in it? 6- I know this has nothing to do with the movie, but is there gonna be a plastic banblade? 7- What about Drop Pods? 8- Is the movie really gonna be about the Last Chancers? Why not the EoT or Armageddon, or hell something about the Hearesy and Space Marines?? 9- I also heard rumors that there would be a video game along with the movie is this happened what about that?

And no, my email is not at xxxxxxxxxxxx.com, its just so its protected

W/D/L
    Tau - Knights of the Frozen Wastes
    10/2/4

Necrons - The Phalanx of Gleaming Death
    2/0/0

CSM - Iron Warriors
    Coming Soon

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

I must say, I'm both happy and terrified at the thought of a 40K movie. I can just imagine the kind of crap that could result from that movie...

Something tells me that the actors would be British for the most part, meaning that for American/Canadian audiances, the movie would lose credibility, due to the accent (yeah, yeah, I know. We're the one with the accents:rolleyes: ) that the actors would likely possess. I don't know why, but for some reason a lot of North Americans don't find actors with a British accent as believable for some odd reason... I don't know why this is, and I do know that I'm most certainly not one of those people. The only reason that I say this is because I've seen movies fail because of this, like 28 Days Later.

Also... New talent? Gah. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but I can already hear the critics; "WORST MOVIE EVER!!!" and "America's newest talent leaves much to be desired in Warhammer 40,000..."

*shudders* Someone prove me wrong, please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

A 40k movie is not at all something you'd go to see for the plot. You would go to see 40k units blasting the crap out of eachother on a BIG SCREEN!
    The Hierarchy Chaotica: Kinky Sex > Change > Disease > Blood

98% of the population actually believes these stupid statistics. If you're part of the 2% of humanity with a brain, put this in your profile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep,

The only tht should be in that movie is giant Orks ripping the heads and arms of Smurfs and vice versa.
    It's been a minute.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

If it has no plot, than no one will want to see it. And if no one wants to see it, than the money they spent would be wasted, which would, in turn, drive the final nails into the coffin of any chance of a 2nd movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Last Chancers movie? Wasn't it bad enough that I decided to read a little bit of the book?

I can hear it now 'I drew my pistol.' as the character on the screen draws his pistol. Damn you Thorpe! Why did you have to make a horrible books series? Maybe, if we build a time machine, we can go back in time and kill Thorpe. That way, he'll never write the LC's novels...

And yes, I would love to see a 40K movie that I directed.... I'm fine with British actors, mainly because I know that every actor is American and speaks English, even when French is their only language in a movie...

My only beef would be if Hayden Chrizzleshizzle(sp?), the one from Star Wars, played in it. His face remains the same...just like Keanu Reeves...

Andrew-
    What signature?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This needs to be true, so that one day my dream of an Eisenhorn movie can finally be a reality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

I reckon something in the style of Saving Private Ryan and the Dawn of War starting movie.
    That DoW one has to be one of the most awesome 40K things I have ever seen. Its amazing.
    But is really depends upon what race they do. Something with Eldar or the Inquisition could have quite a lot of plot, political intrigue and subterfuge... Whereas the orks could be drunken louts... etc. you know what I mean.

Or a Tyranid one - Hive Fleet Indecision... Documenting the true story of the most ineffective hive fleet in existence... What happened to destroy the chain of command? A gritty and revealing look inside the tyranid war machine...

yeah well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't the =I= be the best race to get caught on screen because of the many way it can go. This way you can have alot of plots in the film and get almost every Imperial army on screen.
    Don´t mess with the dicegod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The WH40K universe is far too rich for a single movie. I'd prefer a nice long TV series with a big budget. Maybe something focusing on the Imperial Guard, done up like HBO's "Band of Brothers", only with more tanks and aliens.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast