Librarium Online Forums banner

Bonesinger

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Ebon Hand 
#1 ·
i can see the eldar fielding a bonesinger in the future, the equivalent of a techmarine. However, i wouldnt base it on its mention in the rulebook as many people choose to do. There are some mistakes (minor spelling errors!) in the rulebook, which lead me to believing its mention was also a mistake. In my opinion, the developers of the rulebook were probably referring to spiritseers, but got the two names mixed up. However, this does not take away from an interesting and very plausible idea!

#6 · (Edited)
Note that bonesingers in DoW were also mean in close combat (they merely appeared to suck because they were on their own, those swords were quite mincey) so I can see a very good idea for a vehicle repair unit which can defend itself.

Also, since fluffwise they're psykers, you could give them rune armour. That would stop them breaking so much. In fact, to bring across the unique nature of the eldar, you could have their repair ability function as a psychic power.

Of course, that's just me going out on a limb, but I hope they do it. In the meantime, there's always the rules development forum.

#8 · (Edited)
The_Giant_Mantis said:
Note that bonesingers in DoW were also mean in close combat (they merely appeared to suck because they were on their own, those swords were quite mincey) so I can see a very good idea for a vehicle repair unit which can defend itself.

Also, since fluffwise they're psykers, you could give them rune armour. That would stop them breaking so much. In fact, to bring across the unique nature of the eldar, you could have their repair ability function as a psychic power.

Of course, that's just me going out on a limb, but I hope they do it. In the meantime, there's always the rules development forum.
Maybe they could be given psychic powers that allow wraithlords and wraithguard a true invulnerable save as opposed to the the cover save provided by a warlock. Another alternative is to have a psychic power that allows them to repair imobilised and weapon destroyed results on a damaged, but not destroyed vehicle within 6" of the bone singer.
This would allow them to be used in their intended roles without being seen as another kind of farseer. This would give the Eldar's enemies another thing to worry about as a
previously immobilised vehicle suddenly ups, moves and seizes an objective to win the game. Talk about a shock. :lol: :blink: -WTF
As for combat they could be given a witchblade of some sort or even a power weapon.

#9 ·
In DoW a bonesinger could teleport on a very long distance, I believe this could be very powerful since it would mean that you don't have to have it in a vehicle. Repairing immobilized skimmers would be great but this options won't come into the game since you will usually move your vehicles closer to the enemy at very high speed, but if he could have a power weapon or some kind of a improved version of SM force weapon (wound on 2+ no armour saves- I don't ask to much, do I) would be interesting. Moving across 1/2 of table FoF so he could join aspect warriors and then charge with them- a scary thought, at least for your opponent. But I am interested if you will be able to put warlocks (or apprentices) in his squad... heh, a newer version of seer council, with teleport abilities.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.