Oh dear - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh dear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Heh, there are some pictures on LO on this matter as someone discovered them. Link

It would not surprise me if GW were serious about it, but I do pray to whatever deity GW serves under that they are fake, how does the chronicles of narnia make a good wargame? It doesn't even have mass battles in it (or even skirmished sized ones per LoTR).

*shakes head in dismay*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outsider
    Heh, there are some pictures on LO on this matter as someone discovered them. Link

It would not surprise me if GW were serious about it, but I do pray to whatever deity GW serves under that they are fake, how does the chronicles of narnia make a good wargame? It doesn't even have mass battles in it (or even skirmished sized ones per LoTR).

*shakes head in dismay*
    You could also follow that thread to the end and read it before you post....it was locked because it was so stupid.

Or you could have looked at the title of the thread "New Game? (announced on April Fools Day? Come on now...)" and realised it was a joke!

*shakes head in dismay*

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Yes, but the pics Apachetear posted look a lot more serious then just the pic of a lion that I linked to.

I do apreciate the title of the thread I linked to but you never know, GW is a funny company.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

I've looked around that site a little bit, since I can read a bit of Spanish, and found the notification they have posted about it.

Find it here

I'm not quite sure exactly what it's trying to say, but it seems like the rights for Narnia are in contest? Not exactly sure. I don't think this one is a hoax.

Edit - Translating a bit more:

Seems GW bought the rights to Narnia. Someone who speaks better Spanish than I can probably clear it up.
    Last edited by Caluin; April 14th, 2006 at 22:21.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only hint of hoax I could find was in the page's you can slightly see from the narnia 'book' it looked like a very close template of an older 40k codex...but then the pictures threw me.

I had seen the other thread, and did know it was locked - I'd followed it

then I chanced upon those images
    Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

New info. Check the post dates of the replies below the article. 28th of December, also known as "Día de los Inocentes" to people living in Spain.

The kicker? That's their April Fools day.

It's a hoax.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

Well thanks for the clear up, Caluin. :sleep:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank christ :-)

the rulebook looks like an edited version of the old Catachan codex :-) That's the one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

These are most certainly fake. They're not even convincing as a april fools !

The boxed set is cleverly photoshopped, but if you look at GW boxed sets, their logo is never that big. Plus there is usually a themed border and not just a black blur out.

The armybook is infact Codex: Catachans with the text blurred. However the jungle border, text style and even the tiny sniper artwork is still there.

Edit: Oh and on the boxed set it says the models are pewter. GW never ever use pewter, which is a cheap and horibble moulding metal. They use white metal for all their metal minis.

Haha, well spotted about the April fools caluin.
    Last edited by Will J; April 14th, 2006 at 22:39.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    WILL J!~
    You have a beard. You are in dire need of nothing. You are complete. Amen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast