Welcome to Librarium Online!
My brother came back from our local GW today,
one of the staff was showing off his BRAND NEW DARK ANGELS TAC SQUAD box
like the limited edition BT crusader box.......
these things arent aparently available till january.....
However according to my brother if you nag one of the staff then they will be able to order you a box from head office now discounted as well aparently the entire box for only £15.
Im guessin it wold require some serious smoozin............
Sorry i have no pics to share.......short notice and all
if anyone could verify this it would be of great help.
shouldn't you be able to verify it to going to the store where it happened?
If this is true:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
BTW iam not believing this until there is more evidence , why?
1) Your brother or you could be lying
2)No one else has reported them
3) They could be just converted minis
"Oooooh them rats look just like Skittles!!"-Homer,The Simpsons
My Skaven armylist:
I agree, there is no artificial evidence showing that. There is a possibility he used photo-shop to fiX* a tactical box squad into a DA one, just like how they did to salamanders tac squad.
Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
Voor alle nederlanders:
The Dutch Legion
I agree that they are unsubstantiated.......
However...... i will attempt to put your minds to rest........
1) My brother tends to get free stuff from our local GW and so was shown the box as a special treat by the owner (my bro is only 12)
2) I would have investigated my self but alas i have exams to study for and i have no reason to doubt my brother. (apart from the fact hes 12, a very smart 12 though).
3) Apparently to get hold of these early release "store display" specimens staff must put an order with head office and pick them up personaly, so my brother managed to negotiate with the store manager to do this, however it will take a month or so because they can only order one pack per month (to prevent wingy killjoys like ourselves from doing the very samething that my brother has arranged).
4) I appologise for not having pictures or any substantial evidence to back this up....... if you remember i was asking as to whether anyone else could substantiate this......
I'd definitely give you the benefit of the doubt and I'm sure your not lying, but I wonder if somewhere along the way someones wires got a bit crossed? Know what I mean? Happens easily.
Can you get some details for us on what was in the box?
I've had a good look around and can't find anything around the place, but...
But I call to God, and the LORD saves me.
interesting..if indeed this is true..than i look forward to seeing these new minis...as im a dark angels player....however...as no concrete evidence is forth coming..i shall reserve judgement
"It is my sacred duty to save your soul from the dark gods of chaos... and i will save your soul, even if you die in the process"
-Interrogator chaplain Asmodai-
Hate to bust some hope bubbles but I used to work for the company. 1.) the company does not send things to the stores for "prep work" until atleast a month before they come out. I really don't see DA's coming out in a month. 2.) Warseer, LO, Dakka, and all the other forums would have snuck in shots of the new models long before they would have been "in store" to "show up" to customers to drum up interest. 3.) Any active employee caught buying things for normal employee pre-order can kiss their keesters good bye from the company (I believe rough traders could loose liscenses but not sure).
Sorry wish is was true myself but I think your brother got played.
If he didnt... ask him to ask the store what other stuff they have... like eldar... Im willing to pay damn good cash dangit.....
Tau - Knights of the Frozen Wastes
Necrons - The Phalanx of Gleaming Death
CSM - Iron Warriors
98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.