7th ed rule screw up - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7th ed rule screw up

last night i was playing with my woodie list and the skirmish style army.
    Some one was rattling off some of the rule changes for 7th ed. my ears perked up at one thing though.
    they did mention other rules but i didnt really listen to that (wsh i had now)

skirmishers will no longer block march moves.

which means the uber skirmish army of wood elves (which i use) will no longer be usable.

Oh and another thing

bretonnians will be made even harder in the new edition

Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

There are a lot of rules rumors for 7th ed that are floating around that will royally screw a lot of armies, Wood Elves in particular. Some of these include:

Skirmishers won't marchblock enemy units. (Wood Elves screwed)

Skirmishers CAN be marchblocked by enemy units. (Wood Elves screwed)

Fast cavalry won't negate ranks if they charge enemy units in the flank or rear. (Wood Elves, High Elves, Tomb Kings screwed)

Only models with WS 4 or higher can gain a parry bonus in combat (hand weapon, shield, on foot) (All Undead, Empire, Goblins, Skaven, Ogre Kingdoms screwed)

Mages can only cast using the dice that they generate, but may pull from the two dice pool that is generated for just having an army (ie, a lvl 1 mage would only be able to cast with one die, unless he pulls from the army pool) (All armies suffer, but high magic Lizardmen royally screwed)

Personally, I like the system the way it is now, and think that all is needed is revisions to some of the glaring screw up mistakes that exist right now in the rule book. GW needs to make 7th ed more like a 6.5 ed (similar to the crap they pulled in 40K).

However, keep in mind that these are all just rumors, and we won't really know the verdicts until the Battle for Skull Pass hits shelves.

I just hope I won't have to break off all the hand weapon arms from my skeletons and replace 'em with spears now that I've got everything painted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mages can only cast using the dice that they generate, but may pull from the two dice pool that is generated for just having an army (ie, a lvl 1 mage would only be able to cast with one die, unless he pulls from the army pool) (All armies suffer, but high magic Lizardmen royally screwed)
    Not all armies. Tomb Kings get a nice bonus from this. Everybodys magic EXCEPT theirs is weakened. Really the only magic-heavy army that stands to benefit from nerfed magic.
    ________________W/L/T
    Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
    Tomb Kings: 8/5/2

Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz

Proud banner bearer of LO Codicier_Valkus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My skinks will become even more useless!
    Good thing I'm doing a host of Kroq-Gar!
    "Fight for justice, not revenge."
    FoW Gepanzerte Panzergrenadiers who took a wrong turn at Tunisia and magically appeared in Normandy as Panzer Lehr: Wins: 11 Losses: 8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Baratos
    Not all armies. Tomb Kings get a nice bonus from this. Everybodys magic EXCEPT theirs is weakened. Really the only magic-heavy army that stands to benefit from nerfed magic.
    Heheh, it's a good thing that I play Tomb Kings too, heheh. Although, they kinda already have this rule in place anyway.

Seriously, I kinda like this rule, as I'm sick of hearing about the lvl 4 Slann Mage who brings two level two Skink Priests who sit in a corner all game, and let the Slann use their dice to cast more spells.

I heard my buddy say that the fast cavalry unable to negate ranks has been refuted.
    He also stated that there may be a new rule for gaining rank bonus, as that you'll need a frontage of five instead of four. This ROYALLY screws Ogre Kingdoms. But that leads me to thinking that they may make exceptions, or it might be based off of mm frontage (ie, you'd need 100mm frontage for a rank, so five 20mm bases, four 25mm bases, or three 40mm bases.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MobiusPrime
    Only models with WS 4 or higher can gain a parry bonus in combat (hand weapon, shield, on foot) (All Undead, Empire, Goblins, Skaven, Ogre Kingdoms screwed)
    How would this affect empire any?
    Spearmen and Halberdiers will use their special weapons rather than hand-weapon/shield 90% of the time.
    and everything else that can use a hand-weapon/shield is WS4 or higher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by cadre_of_storms
    last night i was playing with my woodie
    tee hee

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

lol perv!!

-Kai-Itza-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

ok lets looky now.

Skirmishers won't marchblock enemy units. (Wood Elves screwed)
    myth. skirmishers will march block like every other unit. the run rule however is removed so they can be march blocked like other units.

Fast cavalry won't negate ranks if they charge enemy units in the flank or rear. (Wood Elves, High Elves, Tomb Kings screwed)
    myth. FC will be able to negate ranks.

myth, every one will get the +1 save bonus for shield+HW

not a nerfing but a ballencing, warhammer to too dominated by magic right now. this is designed to try and make the game more focused around your troops than your spell casters. this removes the annoying "omg! ive got 19 power dice to cast any spells i want with". insted a mage can use his PD + the two from the pool. and since when does a mage say "why hello mage who get better spells than me, want my mana?". and besides HE will still have the same number of PD, just more evenly spread out

the following have been told by people who have told by redshirts who have happened to eye the memo regarding the changes to the rules book. (belive or disbelive it if you want)

units with a Frontage of 5 get an extra +1 combat res. rather than 4 wide

Fleeing troops go straight away from highest unit strength enemy.

If fleeing through enemy, unit destroyed. (most likly going through units with US5 or higher)

If fleeing through ally, ally takes panic test.

Fleeing chariots cause impact hits when fleeing through any unit.

thats all i got so far.
    Last edited by Arklite; June 5th, 2006 at 11:53.

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to back up Arklite... I looked through the 7th ed rulebook at Games Day and everything he's said is true.

Fastcav and Skirmishers are better than ever in some respects. Keep in mind that everything is relative. Since the standard ranked units now have to be wider, skirmishers benefit in comparison. Also, with the new fleeing rules, maneuverable units become way more valuable since a simple unit strength of 5 is enough to wipe out entire fleeing units.

I think if people are feeling negative about the rumours, it is in their best interest not to get too bent out of shape about it. From what I've seen, the vast majority of rumours are dead wrong.

That having been said, start making your 5-wide movement trays now...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast