GW not providing enough information - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GW not providing enough information

I'm kind of annoyed with GW about "advanced orders". There is nothing in the online press release for Cities of Death, nor on the "advanced order" page that says "limited release, you must buy it now directly from Direct Services because otherwise, you won't get it".

It just says you *can* advance order items from Direct Services. To me that doesn't mean I can *ONLY* get it from advanced order.

For example, the City of Death Battle Mat, the $15 jobby that looks pretty cool and hey, only 15 bucks. Available from advanced orders, but not released until June 15th, 2006. Well, that's TOMORROW...but Direct Services is already sold out?!

What's up with that?!

So, I'm learning. If something new is coming, regardless of what you read or what you think it means, call the boyz at Direct Services and find out what's really happening. GW, you need to develop better communication on your limited edition products for sale please!

Hey Sister, Go Sister, Soul Sister, Go Sister

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We actually had a big discussion regarding this kind of stuff on my local forums. It started because of the Tau Prirahna box of 3, that was limited release. No one knew it, not even the stores until it was to late. Stores took advanced orders of an average of 10, from their customers, and then only received 3-4 of them. When the stores contacted their distributers, they were told it was a "splash release" and very limited. Nice to know now that they told customers they would get it.

This lead to about 3 pages of discussions on GW marketing tactics and lack of communication about special limited deals. I know when the new dwarf stuff came out, the standard bearer in the box set was limited and only in those big army boxes. They did make that clear and everyone knew that before it came out. But lots of things are like that these days.

Like the CoD box set that has the book in it, is limited, but the other box sets are not. In regards to the battle mat, there is still a good chance your local store will get a few. I have seen before that they run out on direct sales, but stores still get their's. Besides retailers would be mad if GW didn't supply them with stuff and only sold direct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

Have you called direct sales to see if they will be getting more in? Maybe the number on hand was bought and they are waiting to re-stock. Dunno...

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

coz
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

ive noticed they have removed the urban basing kit from the uk site.

VERY annoying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad I preordered 2of them basing kits then.

Like the CoD box set that has the book in it, is limited, but the other box sets are not. In regards to the battle mat, there is still a good chance your local store will get a few. I have seen before that they run out on direct sales, but stores still get their's. Besides retailers would be mad if GW didn't supply them with stuff and only sold direct.
    I heard that they would be keeping the booked kit for a month or so, but the Imperial City was limited.
    W/D/L
    Tau - Knights of the Frozen Wastes
    10/2/4

Necrons - The Phalanx of Gleaming Death
    2/0/0

CSM - Iron Warriors
    Coming Soon

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slorak
    Have you called direct sales to see if they will be getting more in? Maybe the number on hand was bought and they are waiting to re-stock. Dunno...

Cheers,

-Mike
    Yup, spoke with Lance at Direct Services, they are out completely (unless they happen to "find more hidden in the warehouse"). =P

Since I posted this, I called my favorite local hobby store; they're supposed to get a few in tomorrow/Friday. The owner said she'd hold one for me - I <3 GMI Games & Collectables of Riverside, CA!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chaos0xomega
    Glad I preordered 2of them basing kits then.

I heard that they would be keeping the booked kit for a month or so, but the Imperial City was limited.
    It's just lame that they can't be more clear about what things are limited, what you must buy on pre-order and what you must buy directly from Direct Services.

Hey, I'm a shopper - I want to buy...but I need information on your products to do it, ya know?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop complaining, GW doesn't care

Although I have not heard it with my own ears, GW has stated on several occassions that they are the best and if you don't like it, play something else (Warmachine or D&D ect). GW does not care about its customers, that should be clear in the way they do business. So I always have to smile when I see threads like this one.

So either play Warmachine or say nothing. You have no other choice.

JerryB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I picked up a CoD imperial city box on monday.......
    just went to the compleat strategist and asked if they had any CoD terrain.
    The lady said they only had the imperial sector and the imperial city.
    I bought the city for $175. Is that good?
    It did not have the codex. I also purchased that for $20

I'm pleased.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have yet to go to the compleat stratagist, although my step dad assures me that I should go soon. How is their 40k selection?
    W/D/L
    Tau - Knights of the Frozen Wastes
    10/2/4

Necrons - The Phalanx of Gleaming Death
    2/0/0

CSM - Iron Warriors
    Coming Soon

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast