new chaos dwarfs?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new chaos dwarves??

Alright, so I got to look at the advance copy of the battle for skulls pass rulebook and in the back of the book when it give base stats for all the armies it lists chaos dwarves.

Now I know sometimes it lists old armies but they didn't list dogs of war and you can still BUY dogs of war models and they put in a note saying "please note that at the time of this print there was no real chaos dwarf army book"

now I don' want to sound like a 12 year old school girl or anything but if they come out with some plastic chaos dwarves between now and the time I die... My soul will find peace

the only problem is they still have all the orcs and hobogoblins, which I hope they would take out or change a bit, also they only have the earthshaker listed as their war machines... I just REALLY hope they come out with C.D's in the next couple of year or so and that they don't screw up on the army book for them like they alway did

Last edited by blacksmoke_canadian; August 21st, 2006 at 06:36.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the way you described things it sounds as if they will make Chaos Dwarves in the future. Just for the sake of argument though, they may just be for reference for the Hellcannon crew. I doubt that though.
    Ask me something about Warhammer: Age of Reckoning.

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

I can pretty much confirm that they are re-doing Chaos Dwarfs from speaking to GW management. I was told that they will not be sculpting the oversized hats this time around though. A small part of me died

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Dwarfs being redone. Yeah!

Losing the big hats. Boo hiss!

I suspect that they won't be reappearing for a couple of years, but it does seem that they will be coming again which is good news for the Warhammer world as they do add a unique flavour to the game.

I'm not that I'll be going with them myself, but I look forward to seeing them (and their big hats) opposite me on the gaming table.
    W/L/D
    Dwarfs 20/12/4
    Skaven 8/6/3
    Lizardmen 5/4/2
    Chaos 6/4/0
    Empire 3/1/1
    Wood Elves 2/0/1
    Bretonnians 0/2/1
    Orcs & Goblins 0/1/0
    Next Army - Tomb Kings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Not to be a party pooper, but here's what I know concering Chaos Dwarves. At conflict Calgary 2005, it was announce in the Q&A that chaos dwarves were indeed in the pipeline. 3 months later at conflict Montreal, we heard at the Q&A that they were indefinitly delayed.

I think it suits GW to do this, not having to deal with them. Also, the demand is way too low IMO.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they should settle the matter with a three page army list in White Dwarf and guidelines for converting normal dwarves.

The old figures were ugly and no one bought them, or else they'd still be making them today. Chaos Dwarves can't do anything that regular Dwarves can't. It's a niche of a niche.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chaos dwarfs can do things that normal dwarfs cant... cast spells (and have some facsimile of speed)

I figure we're looking at two more years at least before the chaos dwarfs will be redone, and losing the big hats isn't that bad... i mean look at the sweet hellcannon crew models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Chaos Dwarves without big hats is like a small Nagash! Noooooooooooooooooooo!
    Please GW, give us big-hatted evil Dwarves!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

I don't mind the Chaos Dwarves without hats but I don't know if looking like the Hellcannon crew is the best thing for them. After all, they resemble...Slaaneshi...dwarves...a bit too much...after a manner of speaking. I STILL want to make a Slaaneshi Slayer conversion at some point in time...it's on my list of things to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you remember there was an interview with Gav Thorpe some time ago, while OKs were being done. He said that while Chaos Dwarfs would be back, he couldn't say when, and wouldn't speculate on it as it would create excitement about a race that has no minis.

It's worth noting that we had 6th ed rules for CDs as well, they'll be back, just not for a long time.

What really got me excited was the mention of Cathay under the CD's in the fluff section of the new book.
    Sounds fairly cut and dry to me.

There shall come a time,
    When one who has the heart of a Kilrathi,
    but is not Kilrathi born,
    Shall rain cleansing fire down upon us,
    and Kn'Thrak, a time of great darkness
    Shall embrace us.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast