Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
This was posted by Avian on Warseer.
A bit more Empire news:
- Hellblaster now rolls three Artillery dice for the number of shots and then rolls to hit using the crew's BS (of 3). This is instead of halving the shots at long range. Shots are S5 and Armour piercing at any range.
Misfire is a bit less nasty (or so it seems, I don't have the current Empire book) with the Hellblaster being destroyed on a 1 and firing the 10 shots from the remaining barrels and then being destroyed on a 6.
- Engineers get more expensive but cannot take magic items - the Clockwork Horse being a replacement for this. The CH does D3 impact hits due to lightning balls (cue bad jokes). In addition to his old options he can now get the aforementioned Clockwork Horse, Pigeon Bombs and the Grenade-launching Blunderbuss.
- Steam Tank still only takes up 1 Rare choice (in case anyone was wondering)
- May be joined by characters
- Not 0-1
- If you have one or more Warrior Priests in the army, you may take a single unit of Flagellants as Core. Note that you may only ever have 1 Core unit of Flagellants, no matter how many Priests you have.
- Their special Martyr ability lets you sacrifice one or more Flagellants at the start of a combat phase. you just decide to kill some and then you roll a D3 to see how many that is. If you roll a 1, one Flagellant dies and you get ability #1 below. If you roll a 2, two Flagellants die and you get abilities 1 & 2. If you roll a 3, three Flagellants die and you get all three abilities.
1: Hatred of everybody
2: Re-roll failed to wound rolls
3: Gain +1 to your CR
And a little bit on Warrior Priests (And Arch Lectors):
- Their Hatred ability now applies against all enemies, even those nice High Elf chaps.
- Prayers are Power level 4, instead of 3
- There are 5 different prayers to choose from
And just a tiny bit on the sigmarite special characters
- Luthor Huss: only a single Hero choice
- Volkmar: a single Lord choice. Is Frenzied
And this was posted by Sylass, again on Warseer.
Release dates of the Empire characters Ludwig Schwarzhelm and Kurt Helborg:
They will both be available to preorder from 9th December at a cost of Â£15 GBP each and they will be released on 20th January.
(JVK Note: For those who are unsure who Ludwig Schwarzhelm is, he is the Emporers personal champion and bearer of the Emporer's battle standard. He is also proud owner of a beard that would make a dwarf longbeard jealous. JVK)
Last edited by Jared van Kell; October 16th, 2006 at 17:28.
I can't wait for them to be released looks like some good stuff in there.
As a green skin player, I'm a bit annoyed at that commander box though, looks like there is more stuff in there than the Orc Warboss....
But I call to God, and the LORD saves me.
Bah, It's because Greenskins can get by with less, Empire need more weaponry since human skin is fleshy and easy to peel into :yes: .
I'm looking forward to Empire, they seem a lot more colorful and competitive than they were before, and the Monkey with the sprue just won me over lol. Since only one player plays the Empire at our club, and he sucks and comes up sporadically, I'll take the helm. Hopefully they have the things to create an Ulric force. So Luthor Huss is only one hero choice? Does that mean he can lead forces up to 2,000 (Or 2,000 if you prefer no Lords) or does another hero and/or lord need to be the general? I suppose this is a hard question to answer, but a Sigmarite force would be rather tempting with him and the new rules for Priests. They are now badass! Lol
And some more posted by Avian on Warseer
More stuff, missile weapons this time:
- It appears that the "extra D6" in range for the first shot with handgunners" rule is gone
- Repeater pistols appear to just be pistols with multiple shots x3. However, they may be combined with a normal pistol in the other hand for a total of 4 shots.
- Repeater handguns appear to just be normal handguns with multiple shots x3
-The Grenade Launcher is 16" range, S6, armour piercing and move-or-fire
-Pigeon Bombs seem to work like this: They are missile weapons with unlimited range. Istead of rolling to hit, roll a D6; 1: homing pigeon , 2-4: miss, 5-6: hit. Hits use the small round template and are S4.
-The Huntsmen upgrade for Archer is apparently the same as now, except that Huntsmen units must be 10+ models instead of 5+
Glad to see the Multiple X3 rule, now are they move-or-fire as well? That peeved me with the old rules, leader with a repeater handgun moving and then firing off three rounds with no progressive difficulty.
(><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!
This was found by Robincop of Warseer. I am certain this has been scanned from the next WD.
Last edited by Jared van Kell; October 18th, 2006 at 13:59.