Empire Rumours - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Empire Rumours

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Empire Rumours

Empire news from Warseer courtesy of Anarchistica. This has been slightly edited for the purpose of clarity.

All changes i could detect:

Characters

Warrior Priest: -5 points, normal Hatred, Prayers Power Level 4.
    Master Engineer: +10 points, Grenade Launching Blunderbuss (10 points, S5 move-or-fire shortbow), Pigeon Bombs (25 points, no range, LOS, move-or-fire, S4, small template, 1/6 chance of hitting self, 1/3 chance of hitting target).
    Battle Wizard: +5 points.

Core

Halberdiers: -1 point.
    Spearmen: -1 point.
    Swordsmen: -1 point.
    White Wolves: -2 points.

Command groups cost 8/8/4 now for Spearmen & Halberdiers.

Special

Great Swords: -2 points, not 0-1, unit size: 5+.
    Pistoliers: -1 point, can have a musician (7 points), outrider (champion) can't take repeater handgun.
    Outriders: Pistoliers that cost +3 points, have BS4, have repeater handguns, can have barding (2 points), champion costs 16 points and can take repeater pistol (free) or hochland long rifle (5 points).

Rare

Hellblaster: -15 points, 24", S5, 3 Art Die hits.
    Flagellants: -1 point, -1T, champion -2 points, Frenzy (never lost), May martyr D3 models at start of combat (don't count for CR): 1 = Hatred, 2 = Re-roll failed wounding rolls, 3 = +1CR, effect lasts until the end of that close combat phase.
    Hellstorm Rocket Battery: 115 points, 12-48", S5, large template.
    Steam Tank: 300 points, WS 1, BS 4, S6, T6, W10, US10, can't go through difficult terrain.

Items (Unsure if this is the complete list as there is no Runefang!!!!!...JvK)

Mace of Helstrum: -5 points.
    Sword of Sigismund: -5 points.
    Sword of Fate: -10 points.
    Sword of Righteous Steel: -15 points.
    Hammer of Judgement: -10 points.
    Dragon Bow: -5 points.
    Sword of Justice: -5 points.
    Wyrmslayer Sword: -5 points.

The Gilded Armour: -10 points.
    Dawn Armour: -5 points.
    Shield of the Gorgon: -10 points.
    Helm of the Ratslayer: +5 points.
    Armour of Meteoric Iron: -5 points.
    Bronze Shield: -5 points.

Shroud of Magnus: -10 points.
    Jade Amulet: -10 points.
    Sigil of Sigmar: -5 points.

Laurels of Victory: -15 points.
    The Silver Horn: -10 points.
    Van Horstman's Speculum: +5 points.
    The Orb of Thunder: -10 points.
    Doomfire Ring: +5 points.
    Icon of Magnus: -5 points.
    Ring of Volans: -10 points.

Seal of Destruction: -5 points.
    Grey Wand: -10 points.
    Rod of Power: -15 points.
    Crystal Ball: -10 points.
    Wizard's Staff: -5 points.

Griffon Banner: +5 points.
    Standard of Arcane Warding: -10 points.
    Steel Standard: -5 points.
    Banner of the Daemonslayer: As Banner of Ulric (not sure if that one is gone).

Not sure how reliable my source is, but he supplied me with a rather real looking page so it seems legit.

Anarchistica then posted the following

The Banner of Ulric indeed has been replaced by the Daemonslayer Banner.

The mechanic steed is a barded warhorse with WS1, S4, I1 that does D3 impact hits.

White Wolves are simply Knights who replace their lance and shield with a great weapon. The Daemonslayer Banner can thus be taken by any Knights.

Flagellant Warbands aren't 0-1 and one unit can be taken as a Core unit if you have any Warrior Priests.

Huntsmen are 10-20 now, a curious change IMO. Scouts with a minimum unit size of 10?

Luthor Huss: 180 points, one Hero choice, -1 W, I, A, Ld.

War Altar / 100 points

chariot
    S, T, W 5.
    5+ armour save.
    large target.
    Lector and Altar unbreakable, 4+ ward save & MR (2).
    bound spell: pick a lore of light spell during magic phase, cast with power level 5

Other Empire rules posted by Anarchistica

- Arch Lector: Can take War Altar for 100 points.
    - Grand Master: 145 points.
    - Knights: Become Special if they are Inner Circle.
    - Huntsmen: Count towards Core, Champion costs 5 points.
    - Free Company: No Light armor option.
    - Handgunners: Brace of Pistols free for Champion.
    - Crossbowmen: Are State Troops.
    - Steam Tank: 1+ armour save, comes with cannon (+2" range/D3 S2 hits, no armour save on units in base contact with front of tank) and steam gun (S2, no armour save). Everything relating to weird charges, Hull Points, etc is gone. The rules now simply state it is a war machine with those stats, and there's one page with the Steam Points rules.
    - Steam Points: Must build up SP to do something. May build up 1-5. Roll D6 and add amount built up. If total is more than remaining Wo, loses 1 Wo and doesn't generate SP. One SP allows it to move 3" or fire the steam gun, two SP allow it to fire the cannon.

And this was posted on Warseer by Dr.Who
    In the latest WD there is a 2 page Empire preview. It is where the scans of the state troops and Ludvig Swartzhelm are comming from. In it, it is also mentioned that the Empire book is 96 pages long, not the usual 80.

Could this be a portent (pun intended) of things to come? Bigger armybooks with more background material? Or just more miniature adverts? We can but hope (for more text)!

Balthasar Gelt is also shown. Staff of Volans now gives him +2 to casting and immunity to the first miscast. He can no longer heal himself though. Otherwise he is pretty much like the old version.

The Imperial Zoo just describes the mount options, including the dragon, which is a bog standard dragon. Its breath weapon does not have any of the special effects that Black and HE Dragons do.

Apparantly mounts no longer have a stat of BS 0 but rather BS - !

Last edited by Jared van Kell; October 23rd, 2006 at 10:09.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x5)

Here are some new pictures of swordsmen, pistoliers spures and handgunners modals.
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53359

they look dam nice to me even tho they have there simlier look with the clothes and that and also even tho there all 1 peiced modals i think there awesome!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice update thanks.

I'm really looking forward to these guys. The new rules for the Flagellants look cool. I'll have to make my unit much bigger to absorb the self-inflicted casualties.

The new plastic Pistoliers also look like a must buy.
    W/L/D
    Dwarfs 20/12/4
    Skaven 8/6/3
    Lizardmen 5/4/2
    Chaos 6/4/0
    Empire 3/1/1
    Wood Elves 2/0/1
    Bretonnians 0/2/1
    Orcs & Goblins 0/1/0
    Next Army - Tomb Kings

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x2)

I love the new Empire, need to start saving up for the army box (Hopefully it'll be this year). I still think the Handgunners are over exagerrated with the big ass rifles, but if they are still decent shooters I'll buy some. The ten models per box is kinda weird, meaning we have to buy more for beefier units. I do, however, like that the regular troops point cost are lowered. Unless Halberdiers get a decent reboot I doubt anyone will still field them.

Question time.

The chariot wasn't really explained, it seems like it was just thrown in between rumors. Who can use it? Is it a special character, Arch-Lector and Wizards, or all heroes and lords? The chariot itself seems rather powerful. From what I read each magic phase you may pick one spell from the Lore of Life and cast it at the power level, is this correct or is it picked at the beginning of the game (Just want clarification, I know it read like I stated).

The hellstorm Rocket thing seems rather interesting, anymore info on this yet? Like how will it look and work exactly? Also what does the War Alter do? I'm guessing it works in the vain of the Dwarf Rune thing and the tomb Kings sarcophigy or w.e

Great Swordsmen seem far superior now, is this to get more people to field them? I thought more Empire forces used them. Also other than the White Wolf Knights, are their any other Ulric themed units?

I'm guessing with all the point reductions on the magic items, that they are less effective than they were before.

Outrider units seem pretty good, though does the move-or-fire rule still apply to them?

Thanks to anyone who can answer my questions, and this is shaping up to be an interesting list.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Stunted_Merc View Post

Question time.

The chariot wasn't really explained, it seems like it was just thrown in between rumors. Who can use it? Is it a special character, Arch-Lector and Wizards, or all heroes and lords? The chariot itself seems rather powerful. From what I read each magic phase you may pick one spell from the Lore of Life and cast it at the power level, is this correct or is it picked at the beginning of the game (Just want clarification, I know it read like I stated).
    Unknown as yet but I would imagine it would be picked each turn considering the points you pay for it.

The hellstorm Rocket thing seems rather interesting, anymore info on this yet? Like how will it look and work exactly? Also what does the War Alter do? I'm guessing it works in the vain of the Dwarf Rune thing and the tomb Kings sarcophigy or w.e
    Actually I believe it will work just like a very nasty stone thrower with the player guessing range and rolling to scatter the large blast template.

Great Swordsmen seem far superior now, is this to get more people to field them? I thought more Empire forces used them. Also other than the White Wolf Knights, are their any other Ulric themed units?
    Alas no. However it does not stop you from taking tuetogen guard as normal greatswords since the white wolf hammers now count as great weapons and both units are stubborn.

I'm guessing with all the point reductions on the magic items, that they are less effective than they were before.
    Nothing known as yet. I imagine some will change with regards to their effectiveness in relation to the new rules.

Outrider units seem pretty good, though does the move-or-fire rule still apply to them?
    The rumours I've heard appear to indicate that this is the case. However if they take a blunderbuss grenade launcher then they must remain still to fire it. According to the fluff, these are the guys that train the pistoliers who, IIRC, can move and fire.
    Last edited by Jared van Kell; October 24th, 2006 at 17:51.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x2)

Thanks a lot for the clarification you could give me, and I appreciate you keeping us all updated on the rumours and the like. I suppose the Ulric theme can still work, with a little conversion work and the like. I also had an idea for a Witch Hunter force with my old Mordheim models, though this seems somewhat overdone. Ahh, maybe Sigmar may help guide my hand to a force lmao. Thanks again and I look forward to more information.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1466 (x8)

Thanks a lot for the clarification you could give me, and I appreciate you keeping us all updated on the rumours and the like. I suppose the Ulric theme can still work, with a little conversion work and the like. I also had an idea for a Witch Hunter force with my old Mordheim models, though this seems somewhat overdone. Ahh, maybe Sigmar may help guide my hand to a force lmao. Thanks again and I look forward to more information.
    Indeed it is more than possible to take an Ulric force, just take priests of Ulric and say they count as Sigmarite priests. Good luck with the army.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

As to the war wagon thing.. I'd presume it was what Volkmar use to ride [Archaon smashed it to tinder when Volkmar was 'slain' ] It is this;

I expect new rules for it but basically it's a moving alter, use to give big bonuses; the old rules can be found with Volkmar under the Empire section of the GW site.

KU

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1466 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by King Ulrik Flamebeard View Post
    As to the war wagon thing.. I'd presume it was what Volkmar use to ride [Archaon smashed it to tinder when Volkmar was 'slain' ] It is this;

http://uk.games-workshop.com/empire/...kmar-model.jpg

I expect new rules for it but basically it's a moving alter, use to give big bonuses; the old rules can be found with Volkmar under the Empire section of the GW site.

KU
    Aye and they were Cool. Immunity to psychology for all models within 12". Nice. :shifty:

+ Reply to Thread