Dark Angels Rumors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x0)

Dark Angels Rumors

I found this on warseer

This thread is an updated version of the other "Dark Angels Line Up" thread which had rather dissolved into fluff fights and random speculation. Therefore, this is a new one with a bit of new info.

So, without further ado here is the line up for the new sculpts for the Dark Angels codex and a bit of other information.

The release is currently planned for late 1st/early 2nd quater next year (around April/May time). kurttkrueger mentioned that he was told the DA releases would start in February, so this could be when the Army Set(s) are released.

(cf) - confirmed, or as good as

(tbc) - likely

The codex will definitly be a full size one, similar to the black templars. (cf)

new models -

2 or 3 new HQ models - special characters and new librarian models, 4 poses and a terminator librarian similar to the chaplains for black templars. Remake of Dark angels captain.
    Master of the Ravenwing on Jetbike (this is as good as confirmed now, I saw the model yesterday).
    Upgrade sprue, similar to the one released for black templars (battleforce, sets of dark angels squads etc. will be splash releases, then will only be available in a pack similar to the black templars chapter upgrade.) (cf)

No Tank Upgrade sprue, but a plastic ravenwing sprue (thanks Brimstone)

Cypher is getting a new model.

Plastic accessories may be included on the troop upgrade sprue to upgrade the new plastic terminators to deathwing, with an extra assault cannon (tbc)

Ravenwing release will include a generic plastic sprue to make Landspeeder Typhoons and Tornados.

A new Drop Pod, Devastators and Vindicator (tbc)

Drop Pod - GW are trying to do it in time for codex dark angels but if not it will be released with a future supplement, probably Apocalypse or similar.

Devastators - I saw those yesterday as well, looking very nice, but i really cant say much else. They are probably going to release a set in a similar style as the current ones, however a few of the Devastator Marines in the concepts may be released as Special Edition minis.

Vindicator - I saw nothing of this, but Brimstone says one has been finished.

2 army deals will be available - 1 Ravenwing and 1 normal Dark Angels (tbc)

There WILL also be some input from ForgeWorld -

FW will be making another set of DA specific doors and a DA dreadnought, so that should stop everyone moaning about the lack of a Tank upgrade sprue .

FW may also be making a number of conversion kits for the Ravenwing.

FW are doing a brass etch for the DA, not too impressed personally.

Rumoured DA codex cover from the GW artwork exhibition, thanks to Footsteps (see attachment).

RULES

Deathwing Terminator command squads can have Apothcaries etc. (tbc)

Jetbike will be an upgrade for the commander. He may be able to have a very small bodyguard on jetbikes as well. (tbc)

Can we try and keep this thread centered on the models and rules this time please and not too much (but a bit never hurts ) wild speculation. Thanks all.

I will try and keep this post updated with all new developments.

Last edited by z_man280; October 24th, 2006 at 04:51.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x0)

cover art for the new codex maybe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by z_man280 View Post
    cover art for the new codex maybe?

(possible Dark Angels Cover Art)Sorry, beat you to it!

-Doom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since Cypher is getting a new model, is there any word about the Fallen being included in the codex as their own army outside of the normal IG/Chaos way it's done now?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by rodgambit View Post
    Since Cypher is getting a new model, is there any word about the Fallen being included in the codex as their own army outside of the normal IG/Chaos way it's done now?

Thanks.
    I would think they would just keep the Fallen the way they are now (CSM stats). It seems to work fine, so there is no reason to update it.

-Doom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x1)

z_man, I don't mean to rain on your parade or anything, but your post is an exact copy of
    this one : linky

Which was posted by Destris over at warseer. You get no rep from me because you didn't give credit where credit was due.

The least you could have done is said "hey the guys over at Warseer said....."

:ninja:
    www.HIGHBATTALION.com - it's a link, you click it.
    "The world will be a better place when the world's resources are used for Giant Robots."

Proud banner bearer of LO Codicier_Valkus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye, some people would have you done for plagerism if you don't mention the orginal source, espically in exams and such.
    "Fight for justice, not revenge."
    FoW Gepanzerte Panzergrenadiers who took a wrong turn at Tunisia and magically appeared in Normandy as Panzer Lehr: Wins: 11 Losses: 8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks man this is gonna be awesome and there releasing around the time of my 18th birthday. Its gonna be such a rush to redo my DA when they come out. That cover art looks sick!
    "They shall all taste OBLIVION!,.....which tastes like Red Bull, which is disgusting."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I am definately looking forward to the new DA release, just in time for ==My== birthday:w00t:

Anything further on the rumors of 10 man Tac Squads being able to split up into two 5 man combat squads?
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ==Me== View Post
    I am definately looking forward to the new DA release, just in time for ==My== birthday:w00t:

Anything further on the rumors of 10 man Tac Squads being able to split up into two 5 man combat squads?
    What a coincidence...... do you mean being able to split on the fly in the middle of the game cause that could be sick!
    "They shall all taste OBLIVION!,.....which tastes like Red Bull, which is disgusting."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast