Bad news for ORKS - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Bad news for ORKS

I have been sitting on this info for several weeks now and have not seen anyone else post it up but it feels like big news to me ( and a complete downer!).

I was at a Gw run event and heard from a credible source that the New ork Codex will not be out in the fall of 07, Instead we will be getting some sort of update for the Chaos codex ( possible real big update on legion specific armies ) The reason I heard is that the guy who will be doing it is hard at work on the vampire counts book and won't be able to multi task both books. So it may be a long long time before the humble Ork gets a new 40k book.

Any one hear diffrent ? Cause I have a huge ork hoardeI was going to get out of storage and now I just might sell it instead. :x

Last edited by Adeptjosh; December 22nd, 2006 at 21:17.

Thought for the day: A Burning Heretic , Will brighten the Decor of any room.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

From a Chaos players point of view, i hope your right because Khorne could do with some improvements :shifty: Although Orks/Dark Eldar should have priority over everything else in 40k.

My Arena Champions: Kharn'eth The Bloodcleaver and Gorzag Iron Jaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea that is a bummer, and I don't even play orks. Really over do, big time.

I have been reading that chaos is up for something soon, but it was more 08. But if you think about it, Cypher is supposed to get a new model with the DA stuff, so it would make sence they are planning to update the chaos codex, and maybe even include his rules in the book again. That would be nice, but I'm a chaos player so I'm biased.
    Age is a state of mind, and since I have no mind, I don't age.
    Check out my painting blog at http://gmansminipainting.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

I was at a Gw run event and heard from a credible source that the New ork Codex will not be out in the fall of 07, Instead we will be getting some sort of update for the Chaos codex instead ( possible real big update on legion specific armies ) The reason I heard is that the guy who will be doing it is hard at work on the vampire counts book and won't be able to multi task both books. So it may be a long long time before the humble Ork gets a new 40k book.
    That strikes me as a pretty bad move. Not only do Orks desperatey need an update Ork armies usually cost more than Chaos armies. Then again if they don't release the Vampire Counts army book in the fall I think I'll be angry at GW for quite awhile.
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

OK this is ridiculous. Games Workshop has been needing to do an Ork codex since almost the beginning of 3rd ed. But they always get screwed, put on the back burner for some other damn army (we've had two new and somehwat unnecessary armies since then- one a single alien empire among millions, the other a huge fluff-displacement bomb) just because- hell, I don't know why. I don't see it as a money problem- I know one guy who must have paid GW's costs in producing Ork models and books just by his collection alone- seriously, this guy has so many greenskins, he just paints them in pure different colors just to differentiate mobz. So, seeing as how GW's only driving force is da moolah, that's not it. So GW really needs to get off their lazy bums and make an Ork codex. I mean, I serve Him on Earth and I want an Ork 'dex. Jeez.

/rant.

I'd better stop myself. But really, I want some new Orks to kill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Most of you know, but I'm a Chaos player.

And as a Chaos player, this news is rubbish. We all need a new ork codex. We don't need a new Chaos codex. Orks and Dark Eldar and Necrons. Then consider everyone else.

Still.. i guess they have take care of their cash cows eh?
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I personally have never played with Orks and only ever played against them once but they are still an important part of 40K. They used to be GW's bread and buttter in the early 90's because aside from Eldar they were one of the few non-imperial armies with a good set of rules.

I think it is long overdue that the Orks got a good makeover. Especially considering GW uses many more plastics these days a giant Ork robot or something would be very cool.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon
    And as a Chaos player, this news is rubbish. We all need a new ork codex. We don't need a new Chaos codex. Orks and Dark Eldar and Necrons. Then consider everyone else.
    To be fair though, the chaos codex its pretty F'd up in some areas and since chaos makes money I really wouldn't be surprised them to go:

Chaos > Orks > (probably one of the sm chapters) > (more sm here ) > DE > Necrons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outsider View Post
    To be fair though, the chaos codex its pretty F'd up in some areas and since chaos makes money I really wouldn't be surprised them to go:

Chaos > Orks > (probably one of the sm chapters) > (more sm here ) > DE > Necrons.
    dude, the ork codex doesnt even have weapon stats. Not to mention the ork buggies which are more like grot buggies. Orks > DE > Chaos/Necrons
    "In dedicato imperatum ultra articulo mortis"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the real reason why Orks are reported back to Winter 2007/2008 is because GW have some problems making the Universal vehicules rules / sprue and things like that, that is why the Chaos gonna take the orks place for summer 2007. For the VC, i don't know why but it seems that GW reported them to make the new High Elves army first, they probly sell more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast