Cypher And The Eot Campaign - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evening all. Just got off the phone with one of the mail order guys at GW head office. We were talking about Cypher. One of the things he said could happen in this campaign is that Cypher could get to the emporer and kill him!!! If this happens the imperium will be plunged into a civil war.

Please lets discuss

Also some other points to mull over. GW want a all out victory for one side or the other and not an inconclusive draw as we haev had in the last campaigns. If a total victory happens the 40k universe is gong to be re-written for the fourth edition rules and backgrounds will be changed where needed.

OH SHIT

What do you lot think of the merits of this or are Mail order just taking the p**s

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, personnally, I think that Cypher would get his ass handed to him. The Emperor is basically throne ridden so he cant leave the palace this means that Cypher would have to go to him. This would be very tedious because he wouldn't even make it towards the Gate. Even if he had a couple legions with him. There's just no way. But, "they" will probably give Cypher some teleportation device that can surpass the Gate. I would like to hear more about the Star Child and its role in hte EOT campaign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x4)

Unlikely methinks.
    Even if Cypher teleported there there is the supah hard, stonecold throne guards.
    In any case, why would Cypher kill the Emperor, wasn't he trying to redeem his Fallen Brothers?

Your fluffraping hurts my eyes. - TehDarkPredator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by protocon@May 14 2003, 18:18
    In any case, why would Cypher kill the Emperor, wasn't he trying to redeem his Fallen Brothers?
    i agree, y would cypher kill the emperor? unless....
    the ppl at games workshop have decided to go somewhere with the star child idea, and maybe cypher is helping the emperor become reborn?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jeez i hope this dont happend or i will have waisted money on space marines!!!!!!!!!

Ino
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, one of the big points is that if Cypher kills the emperor, this could mean his release in to the warp, and eventually his rebirth, and usher in a new golden age for all mankind. Heavy stuff

I don't think it will happen, I think it will still be an inconclusive draw, as a huge change like this would mean them having to completely remake 40k, it's probably just another rumor.
    The Good News is here!

Check it out:
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&passage=Ezekiel+18%3A28-32&version=NIV' target='_blank'>Ezekiel 18:28-32</a>
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=NIV&passage=Ezekiel+33%3A11' target='_blank'>Ezekiel 33:11</a>
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=NIV&passage=Mark+1%3A15' target='_blank'>Mark 1:15</a>
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=NIV&passage=Romans+10%3A9-10' target='_blank'>Romans 10:9-10</a>

PM me for more info&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya i think the titans that guard the throne room plus all the adeptus custodians would make shor work of cypher.. not to mention the imense pyker the emperor is..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cypher isnt bad hes just missunder stood plus when inquisitor came out there was some fluff on a group trying to give the emporer a new life or body and that if they seccedded it would tear the imperiom in 2 the belivers and non-belivers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x4)

The Astropathicus anyone?
    If the Emperor dies, doesnt that mean that warp travel will be damn near impossible? The Emperor dies completely and there wont be a psychic beacon anymore.
    Nah, if they do that then so many things change. Too much.

Your fluffraping hurts my eyes. - TehDarkPredator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THe guy I spoke to definetly said "If Cypher kills the emporer". I think they must have some sort of plan for that to happen.

The universe needs a shake up we need a crushing defeat of crushing victory. What better way to do this than to kill the emporer. It is in the deamon hunters codex that the empire would split in to two with belivers and none belivers if the emporer was re-born as mougie said. Why put this in the fluff if is was not a posibility. Also nobody but GW know cyphers real motivation. Is he a fallen dark angel, is he an agent of chaos, having spent too much time in the warp, is he Luther, Lion el&#39;Jonson&#39;s second in command who brought around the fall of the Angels. Who knows. And thats the point, who does know Cypher could be trying to get to the emporer to give him a box of chocolates.

Also any one ever read a novel by Gav Thorpe called Angels of Darkness? Well rough premis of the novel is that Lion el&#39;Jonson was the tratior and Luther was the loyalist, hence the reason the Dark Angels didn&#39;t take part in the main action of the Heresy and the real reason for there secret shame.The only ones that know the truth are the inner circle and the fallen, hence the hunting of the falen to silence them.
    Now this is fluff as far as I am aware as it is a GW novel. If this is the case does this have something to do with Cypher trying to get to the emporer?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast