Trait Updates - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trait Updates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

Trait Updates

I heard a rumor recently about some modifications for the traits rules from Codex Space marines coming out focusing on stuff like...

Removing drawback-less drawbacks like We Stand Alone or Die Standing.

Modifying Cleanse and Purify and Trust Your Battle Brothers to be more 'expensive.'

Removing/Adjusting other benefits like Purity Above All else.

Does anyone have anything definitive on this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

So where did you hear this from? Usually you should give a source. For example: A manager at the store i go to said... or My brother who hates how space marines can pick stupid useless disadvantages said that... (I expect its the latter of the two)
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

I bring PANDEMONIUM! Zephyr_the_AzureWind's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

its rumored to be part of the space marine redux in a couple of years.

The biggest things I heard about traits is that

Flesh over Steel won't limit drop pods/transports as heavy support.
    Some useless disadvantages will be gone. I doubt We Stand ALone or Die Standing will be affected. Its more in concern of that funny "on a 4+ an extra turn is played" drawback.

My hope is that they combine infil and furious charge underneath one attribute.

(got info from Brimstone of warseer)
    Raven Claws Space Marine Chapter........2500 points
    Waagh Rotskrag (in building process)

Member of the Fluffmaster Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

76 (x2)

Store employee actually...

We're losing Death before Dishonor? Man...I'll need to find another disadvantage then...that one was actually fluffy. :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Not for a while

I would assume as MEQ update will not be coming out for some times as they just got a new codex and all the chapter specific lists aren't even completed or out. I would assume your minimum 2 years away and nothing to worry about
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

There's a SM codex redux being scheduled according to several rumours (Brimstone on WS is one). Basicly GW isn't happy with what the majority of SM players have done and how the current codex allows some insane non-fluffy things. The redux will "bring the marines back in line with the fluff again."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

76 (x2)

Since Marines, as oft stated, represent a massive portion of their market share...they might put out a second edition, fourth edition Space Marine codex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spook2k5 View Post
    Since Marines, as oft stated, represent a massive portion of their market share...they might put out a second edition, fourth edition Space Marine codex.
    They've done that before, but not with major changes, with C: variant SMs. High possible they'll do it again...if the DA is some indication of what the C: SM is going to be, it will be more to the fluff and less cheesable....sounds improbable on the last point...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's just insane. I mean, some of the the traits are a bit hollow, like die standing, but cleanse and purify? I probably will debunk this in two secs flat.

almost EVERY OTHER RACE has the access to more than one special melta/flamer equivilent, or giving people an extra close combat attack, and I don't see how that's at all in need of changing.

if you were to add a couple traits in order to replace the needless ones, that would be interesting.

but I don't see why you need a special chapter codex- ie dark angels- if you want to have an individual army. no matter what you do to these "microwave armies" they will always have only one history, not much freedom.
    I blame everything on Ronnie James Dio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

lol, the guy with the salamander pic enraged by losing cleanse and purify, sorry that was just funny. i actually was gonna do sallies before i landed on marines malevolent,
    they are an awesome chapter and that trait is neither overpowered nor unfluffy.

+ Reply to Thread