New all plastic FB armies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New all plastic FB armies

Anyone know the contents of the Orcs and Goblins and the Dwarf army sets out next month. Also when they become available for advance order WD gives no info.

Coffee, the greatest liquid on Earth. (Except possibly blood which I can not do without)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

I posted this a few weeks ago, stolen from Warseer

Quote Originally Posted by Dspankdo
    Just found out the full list of april releases, this should confirm a few rumours.

Orcs and Goblins: Mege deal which is completely plastic and includes 32 boyz, 20 goblins, 20 black orcs, boar chariot, Warboss, spider riders and fanatics. I would put it around the 100 pound mark.

Dwarf"s:This kit is completely plastic it is a mega deal like the orc and goblin one and includes 40 thunderers, 40 warriors, 20 miners(these are plastic and come in packs of 10) and two cannon kits.
    As usual I will put a disclaimer here: I do not know for sure what the box contents are, this is just a quote from someone who claims to know. Don't blame me if it's different...

I don't know whenn they're available for order, but as the thread I stole this from is about april releases it probably won't be too long before they come up on advance order. They seem to be pretty good deals too, quite similar to the 40k megaforces. There's also an Empire one coming sometime, but I don't know anything about that one.
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This months UK WD gibes them a release of next month but nothing else is seemingky known by anyone
    Coffee, the greatest liquid on Earth. (Except possibly blood which I can not do without)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

I would have expected more in WD, it is just a big catalogue after all. It is good to see that they've been mentioned there, though, because that means that they're definately coming out. There were quite a few rumours about them, so I'd have been surprised if they were all wrong, but it's nice to see that they're mentioned in something official.

The only thing I don't like is that if the Dwarf one does contain the things mentioned in my last post it will encourage gunlines. That's no fun...oh well, we'll see.

(By the way, tea is the greatest liquid on Earth. Just thought you shuld know... )
    Thou shalt remember:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still no info on the website or WD and seemingly no advance orders it makes me wonder if advance orders are being abolished

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

238 (x6)

I just pop over to warseer for a few minutes and what do I find? That's right! A picture of the dwarf set. Its from a promotional flier of some sort.

<Clicky me to see the new dwarf box!>

The contents are indeed as I thought, although it says one cannon, one organ gun. I was under the impression that the kit could be assembled as either. Does that mean that they're not including the whole kit, or they've just decided to advertise it that way rather than 2 cannons? Probably the latter.
    Thou shalt remember:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

238 (x6)

The dwarf set is on the UK store, but rather bizarrely theres no way I can see to actually find it if you go to the site. The only way I've found it is by following a link on Warseer. So, I would try to hold off on ordering it becasue the fact that its really hard to find is damn odd. Here it is anyway:

Dwarf Army at the UK online store

I haven't seen any more about the other sets, which is a shame as I'm more interested in the O&G one.
    Thou shalt remember:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

238 (x6)

Firstly, sorry for the triple post but I come bearing new information, and I felt that this was definitely deserving of its own post rather than being merged into the last one.

I've checked the Dwarf set, and on the UK store it costs £100 and says you save £38. That makes the miners £24 for 20, so probably 10 for £12 box sets like the state troops.

The O&G set is up now too,
    O&G Army

This one's causing me a little confusion. Not nice and simple to figure out like the dwarf one. Grumble.

1) - It says it contains the Army Book. None of the other megaforce or batallion type deals contain the army book/codex. This leads me to believe that it could be an error, especially because it would make people who already have the book less likely to buy the set. Putting the army bok in just doesn't make sense to me.

2) - The prices don't seem to add up. Adding everything except the Black Orcs I get £119. The site puts the set at £100 with a £34 saving. 20 Black Orcs for £15? Nope! Something's wrong there! So I took the army book away, as I think it won't really be in the set. That makes 20 Black Orcs for £27. That doesn't really make sense either. I think one possibility is that the set doesn't contain the army book and they're doing something like raising the chariot price by £3, making it £18 like most box sets. I only suggest that because if the rest of the set was £3 more expensive then the Black Orcs would be 10 for £12 like the state troops. (Which would be FAR cheaper than the metal ones are now. )

Of course there are many possibilities, for example GW may easily have messed up their calculations and the contents aren't worth £134 at all.That would make half of what I've typed here pointless. Oh well...
    Thou shalt remember:

+ Reply to Thread