VC's are changing..i think - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VC's are changing..i think

Heard a rumour down at gw about the vampire counts.

They were saying that at some point in the future (wouldn't say when) that there will be two more bloodlines for the vampire counts.

First will be sort of ninja vampires. probably really nice initiative and some sort of poisons etc (although they refused to talk about that...they didn't really know i don't think)

The second might seem a little crazy but it's what i heard. A race of lizardmen vampires. Yes, vampires with scales and even bigger canines. Cool eh?

Dunno if any of this is deffinately true but it's what i heard...

"If a jobs worth doing, its worth dieing for"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good , i want Vampire Counts to be my first Fantasy army but i dont know if i should wait for the next book.

I love vampires...*drool*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by GrayScale View Post
    First will be sort of ninja vampires. probably really nice initiative and some sort of poisons etc (although they refused to talk about that...they didn't really know i don't think)
    Hm, sounds believable. Kind of cool to.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayScale View Post
    The second might seem a little crazy but it's what i heard. A race of lizardmen vampires. Yes, vampires with scales and even bigger canines. Cool eh?
    Eh? Like Strigois then? Sounds a little to strange I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

Seven Vampire Masters survived the destruction of ancient Nehekhara and scattered all over the place. We know what happened to five of them (the current bloodlines) and according to the fluff in the army book (Lahmia: City of Vampires story) numbers six and seven fled further than the Old World, one into the Chaos Wastes and one east towards Cathay.

Now, in White Dwarf 255, which heralded the release of Vampire Counts in Sixth Edition, Alessio Cavatore, in his Arcane Lore article on page 28, talks about the creation of a fifth bloodline for the new book (Strigoi) and displays eight different ideas that he came up with:

-Dandy, city-dwelling Vampire who hunts in high society.
    -Tribal bloodline from the Southlands based on voodoo magic and folklore.
    -Manipulative gluttonous monster and his minions.
    -Leader of a thuggish death-worshipping cult from the jungles of the East.
    -Fallen angel with a conscience.
    -Mysterious oriental bloodline from Cathay.
    -Ghoul King who hides in crypts, hated by vampires and humans alike. (this is the Strigoi)
    -Number 8 wasn't revealed because it was to appear as a new bloodline sometime in the future.

So, the ninja concept is loosely supported by the Cathayan example (although ninja, being Japanese, would actually come from Nippon, not Cathay, which is China in the Warhammer World) and also by the fluff, as one of the two lost masters fled East.

The Lizardman vampire has the voodoo Southlands example to back it up, but it doesn't really sound likely to me, just seems a little weird.

The fluff in the army book says the other lost master flees into the northern Chaos Wastes. Chaos Vampire? Dunno what that eighth example is, but a Chaos Vampire would cost so many damned points...
    Last edited by Zanzibar; March 24th, 2007 at 18:47.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Zanzibar View Post
    The fluff in the army book says the other lost master flees into the northern Chaos Wastes. Chaos Vampire? Dunno what that eighth example is, but a Chaos Vampire would cost so many damned points...
    Combine the stats of a chaos lord and a Vampire lord! It would only be several hundred points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

isn't Lahmia already rather Ninja-ish?... having insane I and a "Always strike first" bloodline power. If there will be a "ninja" bloodline with high I and good WS wouldn't Lahmias be you know... less good?

The lizzy bloodline just sounds strange in my ears

Podhammer - The Warhammer Podcast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

isn't Lahmia already rather Ninja-ish?... having insane I and a "Always strike first" bloodline power. If there will be a "ninja" bloodline with high I and good WS wouldn't Lahmias be you know... less good?
    Bear in mind Lahmia has a lot of "I'm gonna seduce you now!" powers to mess with the opponents mind.

I assume a sect of ninja vampires would be similar in stats, however, their bloodline powers can be drastically different (a la ninja smoke bomb to immediately escape combat, killing blow effect on their weapons or any number of unusual and wonderful combat effects). Perhaps poison effects could offer stat reductions if they hit an enemy, it's a bit of a wildcard area really...

That sounds like the sort of thing that would get me back into Warhammer. Or a new Strigoi miniatures range, I was always weak for them.

Of course, the lizardman vampire thing sounds a bit off to me.
    Perhaps tribal humans from the Lustria area who have been subdued by vampires - with a handful of scary voodoo powers similar in essence to the idea mentioned in Zanzibar's post.

Though I'd much rather see the dandy vampires myself. They'd have some serious flare.
    Last edited by Malignant_one; March 26th, 2007 at 23:59. Reason: Editing my wordage. I wasn't happy with the original post.
    Apathy is its own reward...

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Zanzibar View Post
    -Dandy, city-dwelling Vampire who hunts in high society.
    -Tribal bloodline from the Southlands based on voodoo magic and folklore.
    -Manipulative gluttonous monster and his minions.
    -Leader of a thuggish death-worshipping cult from the jungles of the East.
    -Fallen angel with a conscience.
    -Mysterious oriental bloodline from Cathay.
    -Ghoul King who hides in crypts, hated by vampires and humans alike. (this is the Strigoi)
    -Number 8 wasn't revealed because it was to appear as a new bloodline sometime in the future.
    They seem like pretty interesting ideas. I like the fallen angel with a conscience one the best.

But yeah, wouldn't ninja vampire intrude on the others? Blood knights are the really fighty ones and Lahmians are the sexy speed demons. Ninjas would be fighty speed demons, likely with a couple of nice tricks which would likely intrude into the domains of Necrarch or Carstien. I think a different direction would be more interesting.

Lizardman vampires would definately be awesome, though.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well what iv'e heard of the new book, bloodlines per say, will not exist.

Let me explain, the fluffiness behind bloodlines will only increase in the next book.

However, the static bloodline powers that limit people will be gone.

You will be able to take ability's that suit you, ie. strike first killing blow, whatever.

this will allow the creation of what you want your vampire to be,

So this rumor, albeit from a relativity new poster, could be more than plausible.
    E-bay helps us all!
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZss4kakerotQQhtZ-1
    GT Las vegas ticket available through me just pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laughingman View Post
    well what iv'e heard of the new book, bloodlines per say, will not exist.

Let me explain, the fluffiness behind bloodlines will only increase in the next book.

However, the static bloodline powers that limit people will be gone.

You will be able to take ability's that suit you, ie. strike first killing blow, whatever.

this will allow the creation of what you want your vampire to be,

So this rumor, albeit from a relativity new poster, could be more than plausible.
    well if that's the case I smell power game... just like the 4th and 5th ed characters... you could make them uber powerfull... like "one man army" powerfull

Podhammer - The Warhammer Podcast

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast