Eldar Bonesinger - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

Eldar Bonesinger

My local gaming shop's owner hooked me up big time with a Bonesinger. I love the model and I'll most likely use it as a Farseer because of the resemblence.

I was wondering if there is anything in the works for it's own stat line?

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

No, not really. Bonesingers are a non-military part of the Eldar. They are builders and creators, not destroyers. The model was just a special offer by GW for a different thing really. I would be very suprised if it got its own statline (and where would they put it? The era of WD units is pretty much gone).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mighty Camel View Post
    No, not really. Bonesingers are a non-military part of the Eldar. They are builders and creators, not destroyers. The model was just a special offer by GW for a different thing really. I would be very suprised if it got its own statline (and where would they put it? The era of WD units is pretty much gone).
    I'm sure the Bonesinger will get a rules just as the Solitaire for the Harlequins will too. GW probably hasn't worked the rules out for them yet.
    Go Hokies! :cool:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wouldn't it be kind of like a tech marine.

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    wouldn't it be kind of like a tech marine.
    Tech marines are trained as marines first, then mechanicus second. Bonesingers are fully dedicated to shaping the wraithbone. They don't fight, but it would still pretty interesting how it would act on the field.
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess they could totally be repair bots for a mecha eldar army. Other than that i don't know a use that wouldn't require forge world items.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Yeah they have no place in the Eldar army, really. Where a Techmarine is trained to fight, the Bonesigners are trained to build stuff, shape materials and reapir damaged equipment far from the battlefield, nothing else. Heck, they don't even sell it on the online store anymore.

hokiecow: If they wanted us to have rules for the Solitaire and a Bonesinger then they would have been in the Eldar codex, not in a White Dwarf. It doesn't take that long to make those rules so they couldn't publish them in the 'dex. It's just like the Direct Sales only Oiler grot, a special model just for fun with no rules upcoming for it (of course, the Oiler grot might get something in the next codex).

I would be extremely suprised if the Bonesinger and/or Solitaire got their own rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Da Mighty Camel, They've done it many time with Tau. They have limited edition Ethereal,
    Shas'ui, and kroot Sharper. You can not purchase those limited editions in the store but you can get the standard models. In the case of the limit ed Kroot Sharper it was a special character, Anghkor Prok - Kroot Master Shaper, with had rules released on the GW site.

I can see GW releasing a standard Bonesinger when the rules are posted. They could be saving the Bonesinger and the Solitaire for a speacial event, who knows. But I don't see GW releasing a model that no one can field. I'm sure their is a method to their madness. And as I understood the 2nd ed used to have a Bonesinger.
    Go Hokies! :cool:

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by hokiecow View Post
    But I don't see GW releasing a model that no one can field.
    They do it all the time. People even named a few examples including the worthless ork. It looks great, can be converted to be a sweet farseer, and helped sales of those US$90 army boxes.
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mighty Camel View Post
    It's just like the Direct Sales only Oiler grot, a special model just for fun with no rules upcoming for it (of course, the Oiler grot might get something in the next codex).
    The Oiler Grot (or grot oiler) is indeed covered in the wargear section of the current Ork codex.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast