High Elf Rumours Compilation - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

High Elf Rumours Compilation

This was posted by Harry on Warseer. It is a compilation of all the recent High Elf rumours that have been floating about. So all respect goes to him.

So as yet another High Elf thread is moved to General Fantasy discussion, as it spirals out of control off topic, here, by way of a fresh start, is everything we have got so far on High Elves.

Lets try and keep this on on topic (and in the rumour section!) and I will try and keep this first page up to date with any new (confirmed) information as it becomes available.

High Elf release: November: Book and Army Box set.

THE BOOK : It is done and on its way to the printers. Written by Adam Troke (I presume with input from the rest of the games developers).

Intrigue at court is gone.
    Elves strike first. (Army rule).
    Archers can fire in two ranks.
    Special Characters include (There could be more but I have not heard it) :
    Tyrion, Teclis, Eltharion and Alith Anar as Lords. (Tyrion, Teclis, Eltharion have been there since the first book. Rick Priestly : 'leave none of the old background behind'. Alith Anar : New model).
    Korhil and Caradryan (Captain of the Phoenix Guard) as Heroes. (Mentioned in the Nemesis Crown booklet).
    There will be three other ‘vanilla’/generic Hero options. (So a new Character type!)
    There will be three types of/different Dragons in the book.
    There will not be a unit of Drake riders. (Allesio : 'we will not make the same mistake as we did with the pegasus knights).

THE MINIS

Plastic kits: Mostly by Martin Footit.

Characters/Heroes/Commanders (Makes 2 characters one mounted and one on foot).
    High Elf Mages (Makes two mages one mounted and one on foot).
    Plastic Dragon kit. (75Hastings69 posted this on warseer months ago. Flying horizontally like the old Dragon Masters dragon (for those who remember that far back). It will come with various rider options to represent different character options who can ride it.
    Spearmen. (I do not think this includes option for Lothern Sea Guard or armoured archers but possibly able to customise these to represent different provinces).
    High Elf Cavalry Plastics. (These were rumoured months ago by 75Hastings69 but I have heard nothing).
    Plastic Chariot kit with option of Lion steeds. (Dave Thomas)

Metal

Alith Anar. (Gary Morley).
    Possibly a new eagle.
    Lothern Sea guard including a Sea guard Captain/Commander with a Sea hawk on his wrist and a standard bearer with a carved wooden leg. The art work for the seaguard is a lot more ‘gritty’ than the old look. (More ‘sea dog’ than Sea Elf!) I don’t know if these are part of a bigger ‘redo’ of the Sea Guard models or not.

Enjoy ^_^

Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

No swordmasters? Why thats a sure surprise, I guess my models won't be out of date after all. I always thought that HE players weren't very content with the current swordmaster models.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

211 (x5)

cool, very nice rumours so far wow whole elf army could get strike first that just sounds evil .
    *starts saving money for high elf army*

look forward to see more rumours and good work Jared!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Mmm, they're sounding better and better every time I hear new stuff. I'm quite looking forward to it, might have to get a lot more involved than current.

Its also rumoured that the HE book is going to be pretty big in size.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

I already posted this ^_^

But it doesn't matter because now more people will have seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenozuma
    No swordmasters? Why thats a sure surprise, I guess my models won't be out of date after all. I always thought that HE players weren't very content with the current swordmaster models.
    I would be very surprised if we don't see new swordmasters. I think I remember reading somewhere that there will be a plastic swordmaster kit that comes out in the 'second wave' rather like the Black Orcs and Miners have done. I'm not sure where I saw that or how reliable it is though. One thing is that it doesn't say that the ones on that list are the only new models.

Down in the other High Elf Rumours thread (link) where I posted this stuff a couple of days ago there are pictures of the plastic hero kit. Again, the source is Harry. It's the same sort of kit as the Empire and Orc ones, there are parts for two heroes, one mounted and one on foot, with the option of making one the BSB. It's looking quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by strewart
    Its also rumoured that the HE book is going to be pretty big in size.
    Yes, I'd seen that. I think as it stands its about 20% larger than the O&G (or was it Empire...or are they the same size anyway?), and it may or may not have the pictures section yet. If it doesn't it'll be one big army book. That makes me happy!
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Here's the photo of the plastic hero set - Ancalagon found these for us, I just yanked them out of a PDF.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x2)

Looks good, High Elf players in my area have no reason to whine now, and my Dark Elves will beat them all the same. I want to know more about the Strike First rule, that seems retarded if it's the way I think it is. I would think if it was someone with equal int. they strike first, even on charges I suppose. I might have to dust off my eltharion army and have some rounds with it.

Is the Stoic rule still in the book? I didn't see anything on it.

By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Jared van Kell View Post
    Allesio : 'we will not make the same mistake as we did with the pegasus knights
    What mistake with the pegasus knights? :ninja: Both the rules and the models are awesome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

198 (x7)

Exactly. And some people think they are too awesome. You'll see horror stories told about the flying circus pegasus knight army.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

Essentially, one unit of Pegasus Knights on its own is very good and you'll rarely see a Brettonian army without them (at least in semi-competitive environments). The fact that they move like fliers and charge just as fast, plus with lances from the top of flying mounts alone makes them impressive. However, add the option to take an entire army of them and people will really go to town. They could've made the Drake Rider unit for High Elves without the potential to create the RAF but instead they've chosen to forego them entirely. Not that I really mind, as I don't play High Elves, but that's basically what it boils down to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast