Chaos rumour Compilation - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast
    I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Chaos Rumour Compilation

Looking through various CSM rumours I have decided it would be a good idea to collate them all into a cohessive format. Please note that these are still only rumours and some of the information may not be correct or is still to be confirmed so please don't go bashing down my door if some of these prove to be wrong. Well here goes.

General

Wargear

- All spacemarine models come with bolter, bolt pistol, frag and krak grenades as standard.
    - The chaos spacemarine sprue is being re-cut but with parts for an icon bearer.
    - Chaos spacemarines will not getting the combat squads special rule. They will however be able to take larger squads than Imperial Spacemarines. Rumours put this as between 5-20 marines per squad. There will still be a minimum size to take heavy weapons or a second special weapon.
    - Veteran skill upgrades are gone as are most of the God specific wargear items.
    - Daemonic gifts are gone.

Daemon Weapons

- Daemonic weapons are now standardised (+D6 attacks, power weapon) however if you roll a 1 for number of attacks the weilder cannot attack that turn. Daemon weapons cost 40pts and can be further upgraded to be God specific. These are all 2 handed weapons with the following bonuses.
    Undivided- No name given- +1 strength, +D6 attacks, powerweapon
    Khorne- Bloodfeeder- +2D6 attacks, powerweapon. Roll a 1 on either or both of the dice the wielder takes only 1 wound and may not attack.
    Tzeench- Deathscreamer- Changes so that it is used in the shooting phase with Range 24", S4, AP3, Assualt D6.
    Nurgle- Plaguebringer- Wounds on a 4+ regardless of Toughness.
    Slannesh- Blissgiver - Kills opponant outright regardless of remaining wounds.

Daemonic Mounts

Daemonic mounts still exist and grant various stat line bonuses to the rider.
    Juggernaut of Khorne- +1 Attack and +1 Strength but may not be transported .
    Discs of Tzeench- +1 Attack and Bearer counts as having a jump pack.
    Planaquin of Nurgle- +1 Attack and +1 Wound but takes up 2 places in a Land Raider.
    Steeds of Slaanesh- +1 Attack and move as Cavalry.
    Note: There are rumours of a new Juggernaut coming out which is more dynamic that the current one we are likely to see this with the next chaos codex which will revolve more around the Lost and the Damned side of things.

Psychic Powers

- Psychic powers are pretty much unchanged except mass mutation no longer exists.
    Gift of Chaos: As before
    Wind of Chaos: As before
    Doombolt: As before but is now S4, AP3.
    Time Warp: Allows re-roll to hit and to wound in the assault phase.
    Bolt of Change: As before but is now AP1.
    Nurgle's Rot: All models take a S3 hit on a 4+ with saves allowed.
    Lash of Submission: Opponent must take a Ld test, if failed the chaos player can move the target unit 2D6 inches in any direction.

Vehicles

- The cost of the chaos rhino is being bought in line with the DA rhino.
    - Vehicle upgrades remain unchanged with the exception that Mutated Hull no longer exists.
    - Daemonic possesion is now cheaper in price. It does the same as it does now but it no longer negates transport capacity. However it now reduces the vehicle to BS3.
    - Extra armour costs 15pts.
    - Rhino now costs 35pts.
    - Vehicles may still take the follwing vehicle upgrades: Dirge Casters, Pintle Mounted Weapons, Dozer Blades and Havoc Launchers available for vehicles. However there are restrictions on what vehicles can take which upgrades.
    -Havoc Launcher is now Range 36, S5, AP-, Heavy 1, Twin-linked.

Legion/Cult rules

- The specific legion and cult rules are now also gone as the flexibility of the new list allows for all legions to be represented well enough.

Icons

- Units of chaos spacemarines can take an icon of chaos and Independant characters can take a mark of chaos to represent the patronage of a particular chaos God however it does not make the marked character or unit with the icon into cult marines. If you take an icon the points cost of that icon remains the same regardless of the squad size and confer the following bonuses.

Mark/Icon of Chaos Glory- Re-roll failed morale tests
    Mark/Icon of Khorne- +1 Attack
    Mark/Icon of Tzeench- 5+ Inv save or +1 to existing Inv save
    Mark/Icon of Nurgle- +1 Toughness
    Mark/Icon of Slaanesh- +1 Initiative

HQ

Chaos lords

- Eqquiped with bolt pistol, ccw, frag grenades and krak grenades as standard.
    - WS5 BS5 S4 T4 W3 I5 A3 Ld10 SV3+/5*
    - Fearless
    - They can be given an Icon but this does not make them into cult marines (See Icons).
    - Chaos Lords cannot take psychic powers
    - Comes with daemonic aura as standard.
    - Can take a daemonic mount (see Daemonic Mounts.)
    - Daemon weapons are cheaper if the lord is in terminator armour.
    - The wargear list for chaos lords is pretty extensive and takes up about 3/4 a page.

Chaos Sorcerers

- Eqquiped with bolt pistol, force weapon, frag grenades and krak grenades as standard.
    - WS5 BS5 S4 T4 W3 I5 A3 Ld10 Sv3+/5*
    - Fearless
    - They can be given an Icon but this does not make them into cult marines (See Icons).
    - Must take at least one psychic power (See Psychic Powers).
    - Sorcerers with an Icon of Tzeench can use 2 psychic powers a turn.
    - Can take a daemonic mount except for a Juggernaught of Khorne.

Daemon princes

- 110pts
    - WS7 BS5 S6 T5 W4 I5 A4 Ld10 Sv3+/5*
    - Fearless.
    - Monstrous Creature.
    - They can be given an Icon.
    - Can take psychic powers (See Psychic Powers).
    - Daemon Princes with an Icon of Tzeench can use 2 psychic powers a turn.
    - Immune to instant death.
    - Does not have access to daemon weapons.

Greater Daemons

- 100pts
    - WS9 BS4 S6 T6 W4 I5 A5 Ld10 Sv4*
    - Fearless
    - Are Generic now. It may be that the other greater daemons will appear in the next chaos codex which will revolve more around the Lost and the Damned side of things.
    - Remains in reserves.
    - May enter play from any character model, including aspiring champions, without having to designate a daemon vessel.
    - Cannot fly.
    - Move as infantry.
    - Cannot be marked.
    - Do not take up a HQ spot.

Abaddon the Despoiler

- Eqquiped with Icon of Chaos Ascendant, Drach N'yen, Talon of Horus and Terminator Armour.
    - WS6 BS5 S4( T4(5) W3 I6 A4 Ld10 Sv2+/4*
    - Fearless
    - Talon of Horus and Drach N'yen have been combined so that Abaddon gains +D6 attacks, strength 8, ignore armour saves and may re-roll all to hit and to wound rolls.
    - Talon of Horus has a built in combi-bolter.
    - Abaddon's icon of chaos grants him +1 Attack, +1 to his Inv save, +1 Toughness, +1 Initiative and immunity to Instant Death.

Kharn the Betrayer

- Eqquiped with Icon of Khorne, Plasma pistol, Gorechild, Frag and Krak grenades.
    - WS7 BS5 S5 T4 W3 I5 A4 Ld10 Sv3+/5*
    - Fearless
    - Hits on a 2+.
    - Furious charge.
    - Gorechild gives Kharn 2D6 armour penetration against vehicles.
    - Is completely immune to all psychic powers.

Ahriman

- Eqquiped with Icon of Tzeench, Bolt pistol, Inferno bolts, Staff of Ahriman, Frag and Krak greandes.
    - WS5 BS5 S4 T4 W3 I5 A3 Ld10 Sv3+/4*
    - Fearless
    - Staff of Ahriman is now a force weapon.
    - Has access to the Wind of Chaos, Gift of Chaos, Doombolt, Warp Time and Bolt of Change psychic powers.
    - Can use 3 pychic powers a turn as well as his force weapon.

Typhus

- Eqquiped with Icon of Nurgle, Manreaper, Terminator armour, Blight grenades and Nurgles Rot psychic power.
    - WS5 BS5 S4 T4(5) W4 I5 A3 Ld10 SV2+/5*
    - Fearless
    - His Manreaper now counts as both a Daemon Weapon of Nurgle and a Force Weapon.
    - Can use the Nurgles Rot psychic power without having to take a psychic test.
    - Has blight grenades and Feel no Pain USR.

Huron Blackheart

- Eqquiped with Powerweapon, Tyrants Claw, Hymadara, Frag grenades and Krak grenades.
    - WS5 BS5 S4 T4 W3 I5 A3 Ld10 SV3+/5*
    - Fearless
    - Tyrants claw counts as a powerfist with an intergral heavy flamer.
    - Can use the Time Warp psychic power without having to take a psychic test thanks to the Hymadara.

Lucius the Eternal

- WS6 BS5 S4 T4 W3 I6 A3 Ld10 SV3+/5*
    - Fearless
    - Eqquiped with Blissgiver, Powerweapon, Doomsiren, Frag grenades and Krak grenades.
    - Removes attacks from models in base to base contact.
    - May make a further S4 attack at the end of the assualt phase for every successful armour save he passes in combat.

Fabius Bile

- Can still take the modified marines as usual. On a 1 they get +1A, 2-5 they get +1 Attack and +1 Strength and 6 they get +1 Attack, +1 Strength, +1 I and +1 Weapon Skill however they count as being killed at the end of the game.
    - The Rod of Torment wounds on a 2+ as before.
    - Has 3 attacks.
    - Has a 5+ inv save and Feel no Pain

Elites

Possesed

- Eqquiped with bolters, bolt pistols, ccw, frag grenades and krak grenades as standard.
    - WS4 BS4 S5 T4 W1 I4 A1 Ld9 Sv3+/5*
    - Have S5 and a 5+ Inv save as normal.
    - May take one randomly generated ability
    1: Scout
    2: Furious Charge
    3: FOF
    4: Rending
    5: FNP
    6: Power Weapons

Chaos Terminators

- 30pts
    - Eqquiped with combi bolter and powerweapon as standard
    - WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W1 I4 A2 Ld9 Sv2+/5*
    - They can be given an icon but this does not make them into cult marines (See Icons).
    - May only take one reaper auto-cannon but require a minimum squad size of 10 to take a second one.
    - Every terminator can be upgraded to an aspiring champion giving them +1 attack.
    - May always deepstrike.

Chosen

- 18pts
    - Eqquped with bolters, bolt pistols and ccw, frag grenades and krak grenades as standard.
    - WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W1 I4 A1 Ld9 Sv3+
    - Have the Infiltrate USR.
    - They can be given an icon but this does not make them into cult marines (See Icons).
    - Have similar wargear options to DA veteran units.
    - Can take one heavy weapon and multiple special weapons

Dreadnoughts

- May take Multi-Melta
    -Chaos dreadnought can have 2 CCW.
    - The fire frenzy table has been changed a little so that if you do not satisfy the conditions to frenzy (i.e. no squads in range) it counts as being "sane" instead.

Troops

Chaos Spacemarines

- 15pts
    - Eqquped with bolters, bolt pistols or ccw, frag grenades and krak grenades as standard.
    - Aspiring champions may only take powerweapons, powerfists and plasma pistols.
    - Require minimum squad size of 10 models to take a second special weapon or a heavy weapon.

Khorne Berserkers

- Eqquiped with bolt pistol, ccw, frag grenades and krak grenades as standard.
    - WS5 BS4 S4 T4 W1 I4 A2 Ld10 Sv3+
    - Fearless.
    - Have the Furious Charge USR.
    - Lose their Khornate chainaxes and the Blood Frenzy rule.

Thousand Sons

- 25pts
    - Eqquiped with bolters, frag grenades and krak grenades as standard.
    - WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W1 I4 A1 Ld10 Sv3+/4*
    - Fearless
    - Have Inferno bolts as standard making their bolters AP3 and have a 4+ Inv save.
    - Champion is called an aspiring sorcerer and can have 2 psychic powers. Has the same options as a champion but cannot take a powerfist.
    - As long as the Aspiring Sorcerer is alive they take their slow and purposeful roll on a 2D6 chosing the heighest. Otherwise it is taken on a 1D6.

Plaugemarines

- Eqquiped with bolters, bolt pistols or ccw, frag grenades, krak grenades and blight grenades as standard.
    - WS4 BS4 S4 T5 W1 I3 A1 Ld10 Sv3+
    - Fearless
    - Have the Feel no Pain USR.
    - Blight greandes remove -1A from enemies in base to base contact.
    - May take 2 special weapons regardless of squad size.

Noisemarines

- 20pts
    - Eqquiped with bolters, bolt pistols and ccw, frag grenades and krak grenades as standard.
    - WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W1 I5 A1 Ld10 Sv3+
    - Fearless
    - May swap bolters for sonic weapons.
    - May only take 1 blastmaster.
    - Blastmaster counts as a blast template krak missile.
    - Doom Siren is now AP3 and can only be taken by aspiring champion.

Lesser Daemons

- 13pts
    - WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W1 I4 A2 Ld10 Sv5*
    - Fearless
    - They do not take up a troop slot
    - Must deep strike within 6 inches of an icon.

Fast Attack

Chaos Raptors

- 20pts
    - Eqquiped with bolt pistols, ccw, frag grenades and krak grenades as standard.
    - No longer 0-1.
    - They have lost their Hit and Run USR
    - May take up to 20 in a squad.
    - May take melta bombs.

Chaos Bikers

- Eqquiped with combi-bolters, bolt pistols or ccw, frag grenades and krak grenades as standard.
    - WS4 BS4 S4 T4(5) W1 I4 A1 Ld10 Sv3+
    - 3-10 per squad.
    - No longer have the +1 Attack
    - May take up to 2 special weapons

Chaos Spawn

- 40pts.
    - Slow and purposeful.
    - Move in the same way as beasts.
    - They do not take up a fast attack slot.

Heavy Support

Chaos Havocs

- 15pts
    - Eqquped with bolters, bolt pistols or ccw, frag grenades and krak grenades as standard.
    - Aspiring champions may only take powerweapons, powerfists and plasma pistols.
    - 5-20 per squad.
    - Can take 4 heavy/special weapons.

Obliterators

- 75pts
    - Eqquiped with a powerfist.
    - WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W2 I4 A2 Ld10 Sv2+/5*
    - Fearless
    - May morph body weapons into twin-linked plasma gun, plasma cannon, las-cannon, twin-linked flamer,
    twin-linked meltagun and multi-melta.
    - No longer 0-1
    - May not be given an icon.

Chaos Predator

- Bought in line with the SM/DA predator.

Chaos Land Raider

- 220pts
    - No longer has infernal device.
    - Smoke launcher and Searchlight as standard.

Defiler

- 150pts
    - Now has WS3, A3 and S10.
    - Can swap its heavy flamer/reaper autocannon for two close combat weapons giving it up to 6 attacks.
    - Has the fleet USR.
    - Is no longer a monstrous creature.
    - Cannot fire indirectly anymore.
    - Still has daemonic possesion.

Chaos Vindicator

- In line with the SM/DA Vindicator.

Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh man, the new codex is going to suck......

*sigh*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hear you brother....

Unfortunately the crappyness of this new codex if making me ditch my chaos army and found my own SM chapter......i know....its low of me.....but damn GW has angered the chaos gods and i dont wanna be around when they're shoop da whoopin'

Skorch
    Click here to take a look at my Blog! http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...p?userid=19270

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x1)

Funny thing the "new" palanquin of nurgle especially since I recently finished this guy

Do you guys know anything about my precious nurglings?
    Ikterus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

lovely beeing forced into the codex astartes by GW.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Why so much negativity? Look at these points:

1- Cult armies are actually going to be feasible again.
    2- Every mark is getting a boost.
    3- Basic chaos marines are going to be even better than before- essentially a better form of true grit (and before, they were probably the best basic unit in the game due to their versatility)
    4- rhinos will actually become affordable to field
    5- daemon weapons get a ridiculous boost in power (effectively, they all become manreapers with added bonuses)
    6- no more 0-1 cap on oblits
    7- dreads move back to their rightful spot as elites.
    8- daemon princes immune to instant deaths.
    9- possessed will become usable.
    10 marked raptors options

Side: I'm fairly sure that berzerkers will not get 'feel no pain.' Is this s typo?
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

I wonder how likely are these rumors to turn out true?

Level 20 Alpharius Handbag of Joy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as there are new rules there will always be the players who cry their little emo eyes out saying things like "aww now chaos will be all set in stone and completly unflexible and wuah wuah wuah I'm a silly person with parted hair" etc... when really they will be thinking "o *&#$ now i can't do khorne 'cause they won't insanely charge in with no need of strategy whatsoever as the blood frenzy makes their path on a set course" or "O fudgesticks my chaos lord can no longer charge on first turn then rip through squad by squad leaving no options (and therefore no fun) left for my enemy to experience in this game by the time he gets his second turn" or even more likely " O pooperblasters it seems my Iron warriors can no longer cheese my enemy out and be reduced to only a demigodlike army as opposed to a beyond godlike army which noone wanted to go against unless they had no choice like in a tournament, whine whine whine does a backflip whine some more".
    So to all you whiners who are so republican they fear every slight shift or change in the mound of dirt you've made for yourself as a chaos army, get over it you know you'll be buying the models as soon as they come out anyway (but not the possessed models... ever).

And on a final note for all those who are threatening god knows who (cause as we all know GW is definitly NOT listening) to change over to another army (and how originally too, Space Marines wow thats really something only one in.... one customers of GW go for nowadays) go ahead and do so... whether its nurgling made dollars or grey knight made dollars makes a soup can's worth of difference to the Worshop of Games as it all translates into one sign, $.

Quote Originally Posted by swntzu
    What's volition? Sounds like an STI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

189 (x8)

I do not whine because we loose the cheezy options which I never used I use an infantry heavy IW army, but of the fact that chaos get's shuffed into the same direction as SM are, things that define chaos are getting slimmer and more and more they are becoming evil space marines with spikes.
    Just check out our terminators we get the same limitations as DA terminator sqaud with just a single heavy weapon, our terminators will cost more yet we don't get fearless or ATSKNF nor do we have a over-powered asscannon in the squad.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreachon View Post
    I do not whine because we loose the cheezy options which I never used I use an infantry heavy IW army, but of the fact that chaos get's shuffed into the same direction as SM are, things that define chaos are getting slimmer and more and more they are becoming evil space marines with spikes.
    Just check out our terminators we get the same limitations as DA terminator sqaud with just a single heavy weapon, our terminators will cost more yet we don't get fearless or ATSKNF nor do we have a over-powered asscannon in the squad.
    If anything, G.W. is doing just the opposite with chaos:

1- Cult marks are going to get more upgrades, not less.
    2- Possessed will become usable (another unit exclusive to chaos)
    3- The defiler, currently a ranged unit, will be come a speedy c.c. killing machine. In its current state, the defiler more closely resembles the I.G. Basilisk, so as it stands right now, it's actually more akin to the loyalist than it will be. For the first time in G.W. history, there's going to be a fast vehicle that is entirely devoted to c.c.
    4- chaos marines will have bolters, c.c. weapon & bolt pistols (another combo exclusive to chaos)
    5- plaguebearers, horrors & flamers will likely get a boost, thus encouraging their use among players (again, distinctions from our loyalist ancestors).
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. August 7th, 2007, 17:08
  2. August 7th, 2007, 12:07
  3. August 6th, 2007, 23:37
  4. August 6th, 2007, 23:15
  5. July 4th, 2007, 17:48
  6. July 2nd, 2007, 18:58
  7. July 2nd, 2007, 07:50
  8. July 1st, 2007, 14:19