Solitare?! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solitare?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitare?!

Was just tralling through warseer and came accross this quote. Thanks to RazorWire13.

Hey guys, just throwing in my hat to this ring. I was also in the first product seminar and got a chance to catch up with Jervis after the seminar to get some further clarification regarding some things he spoke about. I simply want to clarify the tone Jervis used to answer some of these questions and such.

Lastly, this question was my own that I was able to ask in our post-seminar discussion regarding the lovely Eldar and why the Solitaire wasn't included in the 'dex with the other Harlequins. He smirked at that and (to my pleasant surprise) said "oh, no we didnt get rid of it!" Then told me to be patient and that soon (though I doubt it will be REALLY soon at all) more good things will be coming in that avenue. PURELY SPECULATION - Dark Eldar...more Harlies?...perhaps Solitaire in their 'dex? i can only hope pray and dream that it would be....assuming that there really will be a DE 'dex.

Tis certainly interesting...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Unlikely.

I talked to Phil Kelly at the Games Day before the new codex was released, and it seems that Jes Goodwin has made a lot of designs for the harlequins that they didn't use. So more harlie stuff would seem possible - though I wouldn't expect DE to get solitaires and such, the harlequins don't favour either type of Eldar over the other.

It does leave open the idea of some sort of Harlequin book/article, though. Could mean that both sorts of Eldar get the equivalent of daemonhunters.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Rork View Post
    Unlikely.

I talked to Phil Kelly at the Games Day before the new codex was released, and it seems that Jes Goodwin has made a lot of designs for the harlequins that they didn't use. So more harlie stuff would seem possible - though I wouldn't expect DE to get solitaires and such, the harlequins don't favour either type of Eldar over the other.

It does leave open the idea of some sort of Harlequin book/article, though. Could mean that both sorts of Eldar get the equivalent of daemonhunters.
    Wouldn't the fact that the Harlequins don't favor either type over the other be used to say that it is possible that the Solitaire, etc., could be in the DE codex? They could just simply be doing it as follows:

CWE get: Shadowseer, Death Jester, normal Harlequin Troupers.
    DE get: Solitaire, something else, normal Harlequin Troupers.

Or whatever.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    CWE get: Shadowseer, Death Jester, normal Harlequin Troupers.
    DE get: Solitaire, something else, normal Harlequin Troupers.
    But the shadowseer is quite a new idea, and the death jester isn't that senior.

Solitaires keep to themselves, I really don't see them as an upgrade character like the shadowseer. I don't see harlies changing for the DE, they need shadowseers more than craftworld Eldar since they lack any non-dedicated transports like the falcon. Harlies in a DE army will be foot-slogging it.

The solitaire and grand harlequin are both head and shoulders above the normal harlequins. The solitaire would be some sort of IC - and probably quite dangerous. Given that DE characters are fairly nasty as it stands (they don't need a boost in the combat department), I don't see DE getting more "favourable" treatment when it comes to harlequins.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Its more likely the solitaire will be some sort of special character with online rules, just like the death leaper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by macewind View Post
    Its more likely the solitaire will be some sort of special character with online rules, just like the death leaper.
    I agree, it'll probably be something like: If your army has a harlequin troupe included in its numbers, and your army numbers over 600 points, a Solitare may be taken as a heavy support choice. And has these special rules...
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoAlien View Post
    "I am, Shiz_Vaerth! Guardian of Dyren'thya! Keeper of the gateway to the legendary, BLACK LIBRARY! User of the pipes, and wielder of the eternal blade of Dublin"
    Diplomacy: The art of telling someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Join the
    Children of Isha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Solitaires keep to themselves, I really don't see them as an upgrade character like the shadowseer. I don't see harlies changing for the DE, they need shadowseers more than craftworld Eldar since they lack any non-dedicated transports like the falcon. Harlies in a DE army will be foot-slogging it.

The solitaire and grand harlequin are both head and shoulders above the normal harlequins. The solitaire would be some sort of IC - and probably quite dangerous. Given that DE characters are fairly nasty as it stands (they don't need a boost in the combat department), I don't see DE getting more "favourable" treatment when it comes to harlequins.
    Umm the shadowseer was in the first "harle" codex with the same powers more or less.

I wouldn't see it as being more favourable to dark eldar seeing as they almost always get the cold shoulder. Anyway if dark eldar were to get different harlequins it would add to the gap between eldar and dark eldar.
    Prey they don't take you alive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

Yeah, shadowseers have been around since the beginning, I've got 2 of the old model. They had veil of tears before as well, though it wasn't quite as powerful, just night fight standards. They had another power too but the new one doesn't have it.

I don't think us getting different harlequins is out of the question at all, I wouldn't bet on it but I wouldn't bet against it either. Let's just wait and see shall we? The deathjester fits in well with dark eldar fluffwise, and gamewise too really but the shadowseer might be a bit too far, esspecially since they'd be able to come in through webway portals and everything, or stand in front of a WWP haemonculus and use the veil with IC rules to protect him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

hahahaha, i thought this post was about a new "apocalypse"-style supliment about playing 40k by yourself, like the card game solitaire!

would such a thing be possible... it is a nice concept... but it would be difficult to make interesting, like playing chess with oneself
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something possible for the new Dark Eldar codex is that they say that any harliquin options published in either eldar codex could be used by the other as this would meen all eldar players aswell as DE players owning both codexs therefore more sales of codexs. We all know games workshop is all about the money and this would benifit them while eldar players of both varieties have more harlequins. The only people who loose out is our opponents.

Solitaire would be good but it is not essential for the DE we can do perfectly well without it I have a whole collection of Harlequins so they will be fielded as soon as any codex comes out for the DE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast