2000/2250 Elite Tournament List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x1)

2000/2250 Elite Tournament List

Hey all,

I've come up with what I will be taking to comped tournaments over the next year. Reading the army book, (ambiguities aside) I honestly think Skaven are going to be brutal if commanded by a competent, experienced player. Not like Daemons or Vampires who basically play themselves. The book is not overpowered but gives us thoughtful players some cracking opportunities.

Given that, I've come up with this list. Posted it on a few other forums too to garner as much advice as possible before I start submitting it, but the tourneys I'll be playing will be 2000/2250 so here goes:

Grey Seer – 330 pts. (joins Clan A)
    Foul Pendant, Power Stone, Power Stone, Power Stone, D3 Tokens.

Plague Priest – 324 pts. (joins Plague Monks)
    Level 2 Upgrade, Plague Furnace, Flail, Warp Scroll.

Warlock Engineer – 145 pts. (joins Clan B )
    Level 2 Upgrade, Dispel Scroll, Warp-Energy Condenser.

Chieftain – 106 pts. (joins Clan 1)
    BSB Upgrade, GW, Shield, Shroud of Dripping Death

20 Slaves – X pts. (5 x 4)

20 Slaves – X pts. (5 x 4)

10 Giant Rats – 46 pts. (6 x 2)
    2 Packmasters

10 Giant Rats – 46 pts. (6 x 2)
    2 Packmasters

21 Giant Rats – 95 pts. (5 x 5)
    4 Packmasters

25 Clanrats A – 145 pts. (5 x 5)
    Full Command/Shields/Spears

25 Clanrats B – 145 pts. (5 x 5)
    Full Command/Shields/Spears

30 Plague Monks – 260 pts. (9 x 5)
    Full Command/Banner of the Under Empire

8 Plague Censer Bearers – X pts.

Doomwheel – X pts.

TOTAL – 2000 pts.
    PP: 10 + 3 Stones + D3 Tokens + Condenser + Warp Scroll
    DP: 6 + 1 Scroll

The gist is playing to the Skaven's strengths, namely numbers and magic - hence a brutal magic attack with a solid infantry horde line. Censers and Monks roll up a flank, with the Doomwheel on the other (incidentally, the Doomwhell is a gorgeous kit and I thouroughly recommend picking one or two up!). I will obviously be using the pincer technique to funnel opponent into the tarpit of infantry in the middle, then overwhelming with numbers and flanking "Giant Rat Darts".

Now I know some players aren't fond of overloading the Seer, stating that Skalm is sufficient, but the Thirteenth Spell is just insane so I will be popping a Power Stone in each of the first three Phases (plus any Tokens I get) to try and cast.

At 2250, I simply add a Hell Pit Abomination with Warpstone Spikes.

Thoughts? C&C? Help me get this to tourney standard!

Last edited by Quannum; December 21st, 2009 at 23:58.
    Was this post helpful? Please click the Thumbs Up button to the left if it was. Cheers!

Quannum, funkin' out in every way. Since 1987.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

34 (x1)

I would suggest dropping spears. A 4+ save isn't the best, but it's better than a 6+ and will go a long ways in passing leadership tests. Clanrats win battles through attrition, not through causing wounds.

I think that there are too many Plague Monks and would drop 5 of them, but I guess the extra numbers would be useful for protection against casualties.

With those points I would invest in some Weapons Teams. I prefer the Poisoned Wind Mortars, but Ratling Guns or the Shredder things will also do.

Just remember that Magic is always going to be risky and will backfire on you eventually. Know when to use it and when to leave it alone.

If you take a Hellpit Abomination at 2250, then both your rares are units that may or may not get a charge off when you really need them to. It's just something to keep in mind. I would rather bring a Plague Claw Catapult

I forget, can a BSB take a GW and a Shield? I seem to remember some kind of rule saying that they couldn't take one of those... I might be mistaken though.

All in all, the list looks like fun to play.
    Currently Playing:
    Fantasy: Daemons (Angels), 40k: Black Templars

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

I personally am a big fan of the Warpfire Thrower. If you land that template on something consider it maimed.

Rochester, NY
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

I consider weapon teams the bread and butter of any Skaven army, having a ton more now is totally rad. Doom Flayers support assaulty Clanrats by lending them some CR, Ratlings can protect from flankers, Warpfires and Mortars just lay waste to block infantry.

Beyond that, Furnace+Monks+PCBs is too awesome to pass up, Slaves still rock, GRats are sweet, and all the Rares and Specials are totally worth fielding.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread