2000/2250 Elite Tournament List v.2 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x1)

2000/2250 Elite Tournament List v.2

Hey all,

A while back I posted a list that I would be testing out with a view to taking to tournaments over the next year, as well as just generally competing in competitions in my local game store.

Below is the current incarnation I am using minus 30 points which I currently for the life of me cannot find a good home for. I've been equipping the Clanrats with Spears for the interim and have been doing just fine with them, but I actually feel they could be better spent elsewhere - static combat res coupled with flankers actually means I prefer using hand weapon and shields to win combat. Thus the spears are somewhat redundant.

Let me know of any suggestions you have to solve this little dilemma, plus any C&C on the list:

As always, the A-Bomb slots in nicely when I bump up to 2250.

SKAVEN 2000/2250

Level 4 Grey Seer - 335 pts.
    D3 Tokens, Skalm, Power Stone, Power Stone, Dispel Scroll

Level 2 Plague Priest - 319 pts.
    Flail, Plague Furnace, Shadow Magnet Trinket

Level 2 Warplock Engineer - 145
    Warp-Energy Condenser, Dispel Scroll

Warplock Engineer - 45
    Doomrocket

20 Slaves - X pts.

20 Slaves - X pts.

25 Clanrats w/ Full Command, Shields - 132.5pts.

25 Clanrats w/ Full Command, Shields - 132.5pts.

9 Giant Rats - 35 pts.
    1 Packmaster

9 Giant Rats - 35 pts.
    1 Packmaster

9 Giant Rats - 35 pts.
    1 Packmaster

9 Giant Rats - 35 pts.
    1 Packmaster

30 Plague Monks - 285 pts.
    Full Command, Storm Banner

8 Plague Censer Bearers - X pts.

6 Gutter Runners - 78
    Slings

Doomwheel - X pts.

Hell Pit Abomination - 250 pts.
    Warpstone Spikes

TOTAL - 2220 pts.
    PP: 10 + 2 Stones + D3 Tokens + Condenser
    DP: 6 + 2 Scrolls

The idea is to use the cover of the Storm Banner to advance up and take tactical positions - I have found the Furnace gets shot to pieces hence the further Magnets on the Priest. In combat, this unit is a total beast. I used to run a Bell on the Seer, but it just hasn't made its points back and I actually prefer what the points it spares gives me.

Whilst the Monks + Censers roll up one flank, the Doomwheel takes another, with the A-Bomb often positioning itself away from the Wheel between the Monks and the Horde. Depending on my opponent, I usually reserve one unit of Slaves/GR to deter frenzy baiters from my PM's.

Set-up is variable, but I have taken a shine to deploying like this:

12" --DW------------GR------SL------GR-------------------HPA------SL-------PCB--
    9" -------------GR------CR-----CR------GR-----------------------PM+PF-----------
    6" --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3" --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Giant Rat Darts are incredibly good - fast moving, cheap, 10 S3 Attacks. Brilliant.

With a lot of heavy and dependable power on one flank, and a unpredictable but powerful Doomwheel on the other, its important to keep track of deployment, distance from friendly and enemy units, and bait them into a tarpit in the centre.

I'd be glad to try and answer any tactics questions people are unsure about.

Q

Was this post helpful? Please click the Thumbs Up button to the left if it was. Cheers!

Quannum, funkin' out in every way. Since 1987.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

No weapon teams make ==Me== sad, but it looks pretty solid without them.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Well you have to be quick though, the stormbanner is one use only. But it seems to me like a solid list

+ Reply to Thread