<1000 Skaven Clan Skyre 1000 points very new player - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skaven Clan Skyre 1000 points very new player

Warlock Engineer Tickoc, Lvl 2, Dispell Scroll=125

Warlock Engineer Tickoc, Lvl 2, Dispell Scroll=125

Core-
    26*Clanrats, Shields, Standard, Musician, Poisoned Wind Mortar=194

22*Slaves, Musician=46

22*Slaves, Musician=46

Special-
    5*Jezzail-100

5*Jezzail-100

5*Jezzail-100

1030 points

I am mainly going to play Lizard men, not sure if I need two engineers what I want to do is make one engineer super powerful but not sure if i should take something else.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I woldnt get the musician for the slaves amd ratling guns are better than the mortars. Id try to get a doom wheel in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by BetaMaster View Post
    I woldnt get the musician for the slaves amd ratling guns are better than the mortars. Id try to get a doom wheel in there.
    Musician is good, but 21 is all that is needed to get that one extra casualty needed to panic.

PWM are solid, ratling guns are not all that anymore, so I think you are fine there...I prefer Doomflayers to both however.

Jezzails while solid, I don't think need to be quite as spammed...

Two units of 6 should do the job, and you could even try to shave soem points and put that Doomwheel in, it is a killer.
    It's Adventure Time!
    2010 'Ardboyz Champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The musician isnt good because of the cornered rat rule, When you break you die. So 21 slaves per group with max rank bonus.

ratling guns are as good as they were in the previous edition. the doomflayers misfire easier than i like and dont give the army its needed range. Just know how to roll the ratling gun, to minimize

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by BetaMaster View Post
    The musician isnt good because of the cornered rat rule, When you break you die. So 21 slaves per group with max rank bonus.

ratling guns are as good as they were in the previous edition. the doomflayers misfire easier than i like and dont give the army its needed range. Just know how to roll the ratling gun, to minimize
    Musican is to help rally as a FLEE reaction...

Ratling Guns roll to hit now...

Doomflayer misfires no more than any other artillery die...not to mention 5/6 results will still do damage in combat.
    It's Adventure Time!
    2010 'Ardboyz Champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

flee reaction shouldnt happen much, I guess it jsut depends how you play with the slaves. if you have the points left over sure then take the musician but i wouldnt free up even 2 points for one.

ratling guns rolling to hit just took away the cheese, my friends and i added this rule years ago(in friendly games) so they had a chance against me. I guess if you arnt used to it, then it does seem like a big problem.

and yes doomflayer dont misfire more other artillery, but they misfire. I prefer to be able to control my misfire risk, hence me like the ratling guns.

I think everything has its purpose, if he can utilise his jezzails right then the ratlings wont be needed, at that point i dont think id go for any weapon teams and try to bring somethign else in... like the wheel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slaves only 'explode' when they flee from COMBAT. Fleeing from panic caused by shooting etc. is done normally, and as such is rallied normally. Even so, at LD2 the chances are virtually 0. Only add musicians if you have the points left over.

Ratling guns are a LOT worse now, not because they roll to hit, but because they are move-or-fire. Even so, they can be pretty devastating. Mortars work better when put with Globadiers. (BTW...It's the 3-5 misfire result that still does damage on the Doom-Flayer).

Jezzails are cool. 2 units of 5 are enough to cover the entire field though. Take the rest out.

Playing Lizardmen? I got 2 words for you - 'Brass Orb.'

Good Luck.

+ Reply to Thread