<3000 3000 pt bell - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3000 pt bell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3000 pt bell

LORD:
    Grey Seer
    Screaming Bell, Shadow Magnet Trinket, Skavenbrew = 520

HERO’S:
    Chieftain
    Warpstone Armour, Rival Hide Talisman, Shield = 142

Chieftain
    BSB, Additional Hand weapon, Sacred Banner of the Horned Rat = 92

CORE:
    72 Clanrats
    Claw leader, Standard, Musician, Shields, Warpfire Thrower = 414

40 Clanrats
    Claw leader, Standard, Musician, Shields, Poisoned Wind Mortar = 265

40 Clanrats
    Claw leader, Standard, Musician, Shields, Poisoned Wind Mortar = 265

39 Stormvermin
    Fang Leader, Standard, Musician, Storm Banner, Ratling Gun = 353

18 Giant Rats, 2 Pack Masters = 70

SPECIAL:
    10 Gutter Runners, Death runner, Snare nets, Warp grinder = 192

10 Gutter Runners, Death runner, Snare nets = 132

6 rat Ogres, Sqweel Gnawtooth, Master Moulder with Shock Prod = 398

RARE:
    Doomwheel = 150
    TOTAL = 2993

Played a game last night against a Settra all chariot Tomb Kings army which is very nasty. I had first turn, which i should have given to the TK's. My Skavenbrew gave my screaming bell unit reroll hits. so i walk forwards with my army and then get a lackluster 4 for power dice and plague gets dispelled, did some shooting then turn 1 for the TK's. He already did his vanguard move at the begining of the battle so then he tries to charge with every unit and charges every unit in, then comes the magic phase he rolls double 1's! so i get 1 dispel dice and don't channel. Subsequently he gets every single one of his 'i will be done' off and all of his incantations off, so now every single unit is in base to base combat and had a free round of combat. So that was turn 1 seriously Settra is so damn hard its unbelievable! After that little hiccup we ended the game with me being 601 VP's down. Basically killed totally about 4 of his units and got Settra down to 2 wounds with no unit to protect him.

Anyway is my list any good? Is there anything i can do with my BSB and my Chieftain, any other builds i can use, that are better than mine. I want a chieftain that can challenge. Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

-Well the chieftain is quite illegal because he can't wear an additional handweapon when he's the bsb, but i think he can have a tailweapon or poisoned attacks There not magic items
    -For the rest i think u have too few special and rare for an 3000pts army.
    -When i look at this list i would be thinking you're playing on a empty table because u have pretty huge blocks where will you place them and how will you move? It will make your army pretty slow if you have to move through all that terrain.

-Also if your playing against tomb kings they are pretty heavy magic, you will be dominated in the magic phase.

-Clanrats are nice but maybe u want to drop some and take more slaves, way cheaper. Put in some warlock engineer.
    The unit of 72 clanrats is just too big. The bigger the more chariots can run in it I mostly run 2 units of 50 clanrats as a horde formation.

But it's your army ofcourse and i don't know your opponent

Good luck ratling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it says under the Chieftain section in the army book that if the Bsb carrys a magic banner he cannot carry any other magic item, the additional hand weapon isn't a magic weapon, it just says weapons (one choice only). The same with great weapon and Halberd. But i've changed it anyway so that he has a shield instead of the AHW. The other chieftain now has Sword of the anti-heros, Enchanted shield and Rival hide talisman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Yes but your chieftain is carrying a handweapon and in his other a battle standard.. it says clear in the main warhammer rule book. He cant wear 3 things in 2 hands

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Actually it NEVER stats that a BSB carrys the abanner in a Hand the how and where are left to the players imagination for E.G my BSB carry's his BS as a Kno (straped to his back) and therefore can easily weild two weapons for a skaven this is even more viable as they can still weild 2 hand weapons and a tail weapon while being the BSB iof u model it so that its on his back OR you could even make the Banner a Hand weapon as if you have ever taken part in re-enactments Banner men will slap you with the the banenr or even Just shove it into the ground and whip out their weapons to bet u sense less then repick up the banenr and carry on towards the next target.

So Please do not SAY OI YOU CAN'T DO THAT becuase he has to carry it one hand what a load of tosh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't state anywhere in the rule book that the BSB carries the Battle Standard in one hand. And in the Skaven Army book it doesn't state he can't carry any other weapon. In the Empire Army book (i play empire too), it states that a captain if carrying the battle standard he cannot choose any non-magical equipment except for light, heavy or fullplate armour and/or barding for his steed. GW also make a chieftain model with a Standard carried by the models Tail.

I also noticed when reading the Standard and Battle Standard entries in the rule book that they are automatically slain when the unit breaks combat and flees. Which i never knew and i don't think most ppl know at my local GW. which is nice to know.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

yes if you break the unit BOTH the BSB and the unit standard are AUTOMATICLY killed when unit turns "tail" and legs it i use this to my advange lots although the BSB does allow a re-roll on the breaktest to not leg it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

My bad i more often play dwarfs or high elves and u can't do it there..

+ Reply to Thread