<3000 2k First Try at Skaven - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k First Try at Skaven

I'm new to Skaven, and 8th Edition Fantasy as a whole. I played 7th Edition briefly before getting involved in other things but now I want to play Skaven badly...splitting 2 IoB's with 2 friends haha. Any tips would be wonderful!

Lords
    Queek Headtaker- 215 Points

Grey Seer –240 Points

Heros
    Chieftain- 124 Points
    - BSB
    - Storm Banner
    - Great Weapon

Engineer- 90 Points
    - Level 1 Wizard
    - Dispel Scroll

Core
    Stormvermin- 221 Points
    - 16 Vermin
    - Full Command
    - Shields
    - Queek Upgrade

Slaves- 102 Points
    - Musician
    - 50 Slaves

Slaves- 102 Points
    - Musician
    - 50 Slaves

Clan Rats – 220 Points
    - Full Command
    - Shields
    - Spears
    - 40 Clan Rats

Special
    Gutter Runners –180 Points
    - Slings
    - Poisoned Attacks
    - 10 Gutter Runners

Gutter Runners –180 Points
    - Slings
    - Poisoned Attacks
    - 10 Gutter Runners

Gutter Runners –90 Points
    - Slings
    - Poisoned Attacks
    - 5 Gutter Runners

Rare
    Doomwheel –150

Warp Lightning Cannon- 90

Total - 2000

Hmmm Deathwing...or...Grimmnar's Wolf Guard Termies...I think I'll be depressed rather then Barbaric. Deathwing!
    Dark Angels 2/0/1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never used Queek, as I am not a fan of special characters. But I hear good things from people that do use him.

I'd give the Grey Seer a power scroll. Go go auto 13th.

If you want your BSB to be a fighter, Drop the banner and give it to the stormvermin. Its one use now anyway, Give him a foul pendant or some sort of ward. If hes going to hang out out back with the seer, (How I play, and a good plan, as loosing this guy spells disaster) Drop the great weapon, as its not needed. Either way you roll him, give him a shield.

Drop the command from the clanrats, but keep the musician. The others are not needed. I would stick your Grey Seer in here to give him plenty of cover. If you do it this way, keep them out of combat, and drop the spears and shields. They won't be needing them.

Slaves, Gutter runners and rares are all perfect. You may want to drop the small unit of 5, as 1-2 deaths will cause them to panic, and with no BSB close by, (scouts) your other two units may end up running as well. Use the points for something else or bump them up to 10.

Consider Plague monks or a HPA. Both very useful.

Cheers and welcome to the under-empire.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

I play more agressively than, Meatfoot9, since my usual opponents will take advantage of any weakness.

1. Two 200pt lords are a bit much in a 2k list, since 200pts could be spent on another unit. I'd pick the one you truly want. A number of warlocks casting 'warp lightning' is far more devastating.

2. I agree on giving the 'storm banner' to the stormvermin unit. Give your chieftain a shield, and a halberd instead of a great weapon. He won't last long enough to swing one if toe-to-toe with the foe.

A level 1 warlock-engineer should always have the 'warp-energy condenser'. Swap his single spell for 'warp lightning' (if he didn't end up with it), and watch the sparks fly! The dispel scroll is a good choice and should always be taken.

3. In my opinion, the number of clanrat/stormvermin units should reflect the number of characters you have.

I only take stormvermin as a babysitting unit for the army's general. The fangleader is used only if the general is a caster. With a tail weapon and poisoned attacks, he'll take on the challenge given by an opposing charater.

I take clanrats at 30 models strong, going to 40 if they unit will push the bell. I always take a full command unless a melee character is joining the unit, then I'll drop the clawleader.

If your going to use skavenslaves, then I'd suggest taking weapon teams for your clanrat/stormvermin units. The whole purpose for skavenslaves is to tie up a unit and be fired upon. I'll take at least two units of 30 to 40 skavenslaves, as this gives me more flexibility in their placement/movement. Always take the musician.

4. I only ever use a unit of gutter runners. Once they appear (if they do), they kill their main target then run along the remaining warmachines/ missile troops. I'll also go after the odd solo character, and maybe a small unit.

5. I personally love both the doomwheel and the cannon, so I'd keep those.

Just my opinions for your list, as I'm refraining from "what choices you should add". Hehe.
    Last edited by SheBeast76; October 20th, 2010 at 17:57.

+ Reply to Thread