Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
This is a fun list I put together based on all the things I like out of the Skaven army. Is it worth playing or will it fail horribly??
Queek Headtaker (General)
Chieftain - Shield, Storm Banner
Plague Priest - Flail, Dispel Scroll, Plague Furnace
40 Queek's Stormvermin - Standard Bearer, Musician, Grand Banner of Clan Superiority, Poisoned Wind Mortar
30 Plague Monks - Standard Bearer, Musician, Plague Banner
13 Poisoned Wind Globadiers
15 Poisoned Wind Globadiers - Poisoned Wind Mortar
Hell Pit Abomination - Warpstone Spikes
Just a couple of things:
1. Ditch the big unit of Poisoned Wind Globadiers w/Poisoned Wind Mortar, and chuck 10 Jezzails in. This also gives you points for extra Plague Monks for the Plague Furnace.
2. Remove a Catapult, add in a Warplightning Cannon - it is an invaluable addition to your army, and definitely makes up for its points.
3. You seriously don't need a Vermin Lord at this points value. Buy Ikit Claw instead, and have him in the other Globadiers unit.
4. Get rid of the smaller unit of Skavenslaves, and put in a unit of Clanrats instead, for the Chieftain and also so you can field a weapon team in there, your choice.
5. If you have the points, chuck in another unit of some kind... maybe some more Clanrats.
That's pretty much it. You're all set!
I personally love the abomination. I've seen it feed on and beat three separate units in 1 combat. I'd swap the vermin lord for a grey seer and a geared warlord, my favorite upgrade being the Fellblade. Wounding everything on 2s, no armour, d6 wounds and rerolling ward saves is deadly. You only get wounded on a 1, and if Skaven aren't expendable I don't know what is. My suggestion for the plague priest would be a flying carpet. Combined with the breath weapon spell, the priest can become really deadly for relatively few points. I'd also suggest a warlock engineer for the chance to put death frenzy on the stormvermin.