<2000 1500 Point Skaven, Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

1500 Point Skaven, Friendly

Hi everyone,
    Having a battle tomorrow with my usual gaming buddies that I haven't seen since before crimbo, and we're taking along a 1500 point army each and gonna be having a 2v2 battle, thing is I won't know who I'm sided with or against until the battle so I've put together what I hope is a balanced list that is an expansion of my current 1K list

So anyways, here's my list:

Lords
    Warlord (181pts)
    Dragonhelm, Heavy Armour, Shield, Sword of Battle, Tail Weapon, Talisman of Preservation

Heroes
    Chieftain (82pts)
    Banner of Eternal Flame, Battle Standard Bearer, Hand weapon, Heavy armour, Shield

Warlock Engineer (120pts)
    Wizard Level 2, Warp-Energy Condenser

Warlock Engineer (45pts)
    Doomrocket

Warlock Engineer (40pts)
    Death Globe

Core
    Clanrats x28 (211pts)
    Hand Weapons, Shields, Light Armour, Clawleader, Musician, Standard Bearer,* Poisoned Wind Mortar

Clanrats x29 (230pts)
    Spears, Shields, Light Armour, Clawleader, Musician, Standard Bearer,* Poisoned Wind Mortar

Skavenslaves x29 (74.5pts)
    Shields

Skavenslaves x29 (74.5pts)
    Shields

Special
    Gutter Runners x5 (102pts)
    Two hand weapons, Deathrunner, Poisoned Attacks, Slings

Rare
    Hell Pit Abomination (250pts)
    Warpstone spikes

Warp Lightning Cannon
    The Warlord and my BSB are going to sit in the 28 man Clanrat unit, with the level 2 wizard Engineer in the 29 man Clanrat unit, leaving the final two Engineers to go into a unit of slaves each to both boost the Ld and provide a nasty surprise when the time is right

Let me know what you think, all critics and comments both welcome and wanted!
    Thanks in advance,

LK

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

I am a huge fan of giving the engineers pistols, (extra hand weapon for 2nd attack, stand and shoot if charged - esp vs cavalry)

I don't personally like the deathglobe - i just despise it. and with the spare points from 2x pistols find a clanrat - you don't want to give away where your characters will be in deployment for the sake of 1x rat

other than that, all good

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by stayscrunchyinmilk View Post
    I am a huge fan of giving the engineers pistols, (extra hand weapon for 2nd attack, stand and shoot if charged - esp vs cavalry)

I don't personally like the deathglobe - i just despise it. and with the spare points from 2x pistols find a clanrat - you don't want to give away where your characters will be in deployment for the sake of 1x rat

other than that, all good
    I used the army last night and I have to say the Deathglobe failed to live up to expectations, I'm gonna stick with it for another battle or two so I give it a fair chance but I reckon I'll be using the pistols instead like you suggest.

Good point on the clanrat unit size giving away the position of characters, at the moment it's not very important as we are playing multiplayer battles and not following the rules for deployment properly, so it's all a bit of a mess, but when playing one-on-one's and following the rules to the book I will change these to all being 29 strong.

Cheers for the help, much appreciated,
    LK

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

no problem, i'll put up a 2k list later, please give your opinion on it (up, clan gnaw-kill)
    Last edited by stayscrunchyinmilk; January 17th, 2011 at 22:53.

+ Reply to Thread