<2000 1500 pt tourny list advice needed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pt tourny list advice needed

Lord

Grey seer

Heros

Chiefton
    halbred
    Enchanted sheild
    tailsman of preservation

Warlock Engineer lvl 1
    Warp Energy Condensor

Core

30 clan rats
    musician
    standard bearer
    claw leader

5 giant rats, pack master

5 giant rats, pack master

50 slaves

50 slaves

Special

30 plague monks
    musician
    standard bearer
    plague banner

5 Gutter Runners
    slings
    poision

4 Rat Ogers
    2 pack masters

Rare

wlc
    wlc

Total = 1500

The plan is to put the seer, lock, and chiefton in the clan rat unit with full command to keep the seer out of combat. The clan rats will line up in the middle with both blocks of slaves next to them and flanker units of plague monks and ogers out side of them. Gutter runners hunt war machines. Giant rats will also hunt war machines or disrupt movement.

Last edited by overlordmrt; April 26th, 2011 at 00:52.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

I'm pretty new to skaven so this may not be the best advice but i've found my Grey Seer to be enough magic for low point games, instead of your engineer i'd get a cheiftain and upgrade him to be a BSB with the banner of the under empire.

It costs 10 points more but those 2D6 hits at the start of combat and re-rolls to your leadership have already saved my bacon on a number of occasions.

If he goes with the plague monks you have a unit with which to smash through your opponents lines.

Those gutter runners seem quite expensive, you're spending 90pts on 5 guys that arent exactly tough and dont do much damage. I'd rather use those points to get another two rat ogres and the points for the aformentioned BSB.

Finally i'm not sure where the grey seer is going but wherever it is your opponent will probobly hit it with a warmachine or two, an ironcurse icon costs less than three slaves and can save a few rats from mortar and organ gun shots that eat through my units.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would the storm banner be a better option for the bsb and I was looking to use the gutter runners as war machine killers. Are there better ways to kill war machines. Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Storm Banners are effective against shooting heavy armies and I have not come across too many of them locally, also as the point level increases they become more useful as your opponent will probobly use more warmachines and missile troops. I dont think you need it at 1500pts, besides it can stop your own stuff from shooting.

Canons are an easy way to take out enemy warmachines, because they do multiple wounds and can get a high strength a bolt of warp lightning can easily silence an enemy mortar, besides you have the giant rats as backup warmachine hunters.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

+ Reply to Thread