<2000 skaven power house 2k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

skaven power house 2k

Queek - 215 pts
    Stormvermin - 610pts - 40 - Queeks stormvermin, FC, stormbanner, doom flayer
    rat ogres- 800pts - 18 ogres, 10 packmasters
    HPA - 250pts
    Engineer - 125 - LV2, dispell scroll

2000pts on the dot. i have used this list and it pwns everything....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi!
    your list looks cool except for the fact that u can have only 1 packmaster each 2 ogres so u should have max 9 pm with 18 ogres... how will you use those 8 points?

btw aren't u a little vulnerable against magic and ethereal units? against your list i would throw many dices in magic phase seeking for a double 6 and casting an istant models kill spell on one of your hordes... with some shooting then you will reach the other side of the table with half of your army! have you ever tryed this list against some high elves army? to me they looks like an army that may put you in your worse scenario.

btw i like your list a lot and i think it will be a pretty nice build to surprise the guy i often play with as he plays chaos warriors! he'll run to catch me and i'll run to catch him! the first magic phases will be nullified by dispersion and scrolls and then there will be a huge melee fight!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, the old errata said you could have 2 pack masters for the first 2 rat ogres, i thought it was weird, and they have actually taken that out of the errata just a few months ago. its hard to keep up with all the changes GW puts online from time to time with no public notice.

the 8pts i would just give the engineer a pistol

as far as ethereal units, well if my combat res can bring home the victory, the HPA has magical attacks with his upgrade, and he will mop up ANY ethereal unit.

high elves; come on, my stormvermin are at WS5 and I5 so elves cant re roll the misses, and im wounding on 2's with ALL my troops and he needs 4's or 5's to wound me unless they have great swords. i plan on being in H2H in like turn 2 or 3 to avoid unfriendly magic or shooting. plus high elves got to be the cheesiest army with everybody having ASF and high I values, at least the troops are soft.

hey its a dice game, cant win them all, but this list will make your opponent think hard before they do anything. and scare the crap out of them when you drop down 18 rat ogres.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmmh i didn't think about strenght/costitution huge difference once you get in melee... and with the dispell scroll + some luck in dispersion you might avoid the first magic phase completely...

each time i look at this list i like it even more

btw are u going to entrup the warlock in the stormvermins or will he pop up everywhere in the table with skitterleap? or something i didn't think about yet?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

With only three units on the table, I would think tactical redirecting with throwaways and shooting/magic would "pwn" this list right quick. I doesn't look all that challenging to defeat.

Now, if you were to break up your rat ogres into 9 little units of 2 ogres apiece ... I see potential.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait wait wait! I just noticed 1 thing... ratogres are special units and you're playing 2k points! this means you can have max 25% of special units in your army that's equal to 500 points! isn't your list illegal?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Actually, you can spend up to 50% of your army's points on Special units. (p. 135 of the BRB )
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh that's cool!

but i was thinking... what about removing 6 ogres for 1 more abomination? if you split them in many little units you loose the horde bonus anyway so... and also if you get magic attak upgrade you have something like 10 free more pts and get another unit that can hit ethereals and does huge damage and... well every1 knows how strong is an abomination ^^
    Last edited by maxu86; May 17th, 2011 at 20:39.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Yeah, I'd drop a few ogres to take a 2nd HPA. But I would definitely break up the Ogre horde no matter what. It's useless that way. You need to saturate your opponent with targets. Diffuse his firepower, redirect units away that you don't want to deal with, pull off multi-charges on fronts and flanks simultaneously.... MSU is just SOOOO much better with certain units. Rat Ogres are one of them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love love love the HPA, but the horde unit of ogres will way outlast a HPA. small units of rat ogres are good, ive used them with great effectiveness, but my one complaint is that they loose steam after a few die and then they loose frenzy, then the enemy has steadfast cause i cant do enough damage and they wear down my unit. with this many attacks coming at them there is no stopping their destructive power. and if they chose to "gun line it" they get a nice HPA in the flank... i win

loosing 6 rat ogres means a third of my unit gone (not really a horde) and then im falling into the 7th ed build styles if i use small units and as i said above, i use the above list and pwns everything, nuff said. although i dont use it in friendly games

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast