<3000 2k - No comp tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Chattanooga, TN
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

9 (x1)

2k - No comp tournament

This list was born out of lack of sleep from a dentist removing an infected tooth with a side order of prescription pain killers

2K - Tournament list - No comp, pretty much just kill kill stab stab stuff

General - Grey Seer

Warlord on Bonebreaker with Fellblade, Shield

Chieftain - Shield, BSB

Warlock - level 2, Death Globe, Dispel Scroll

Warlock - Doom rocket

35 Clanrats - full cmd, Shields

35 Clanrats - full cmd shield

20 slaves - shield - IoB models - hate that they have shields

20 slaves - shield/spears IoB models - hate that they have shields and spears - may clip off spear tips

35 Slaves - no upgrades

35 Slaves - no upgrades

9 Gutter runners - slings poison

1 HPA

1 HPA

The Idea is pairing up the HPA and the small 20 slave units. These should be major spell/ranged attack targets. Ideall the HPA inflicts the wounds and the slaves provide a small amount of Combat resolution to tip the combat. If the slaves die, no one will care.

The Warlord goes in a Clan rat unit and along with the 2 large slave units runs forward to get stuck in as quick as possible.

2nd Clanrat unit babysits the Grey Seer, BSB tries to stay in range of slaves supporting the warlord, but fully willing to cast spells on the slaves once they get in combat with something.

The Warlocks just go where needed, either as LD boost for slave units, or to toss the Doom Rocket/Death Glove at something that needs softening up.

Gutter runners - mainly for hunting the enemy level 4 or Warmachines.

I'm hoping the 3 major threats of the 2 HPA and crazy Warlord will keep the enemies attention off my Grey Seer, but who knows.

Downsides - I could roll nothing but 1's and2's for the HPA and they never make it into combat and the Warlord could die to his own Fell Blade, but hoping the the 4 wounds due to Bonebreaker might help him last 1 extra turn. I'm also thinking of challenging him at every chance to reduce the number of attacks directed at him and he Should easily get the +5 bonus for overkill in any challenge he is in.

2. Remove Advertisements

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    With the Fellowship of the Bling
    39 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

2085 (x8)

Sounds good to me *tries to not let Clan Skryre bias persuade his decision*

1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x2)

It seems like most of your eggs are in the HPA basket. Heavy shooting or magic could remove them quick, and then your looking at a hero-heavy army full of chaff. I also see the warlord being fun, but not particularly effective, he will probably just hurt himself more than help.

Of course I'm biased towards a skryre/eshin build myself, so take that with a grain of salt.

Also never saw the point of level 2 warlocks, they can't default skitterleap and the ruin list is meh after lightning.

Overall though you should have good static rez and if those HPAs make it to combat, that's probably game.
    Fear me, mortals, for I am The Anointed, The Favored Son of Chaos, The Scourge of the World. The armies of the Gods rally behind me, and it is by My Will and by My Sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, The Everchosen, Lord of the End Times

+ Reply to Thread