<2000 1500 pts first list, fixed models ! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pts first list, fixed models !

Hi guys,

Some local 40k players are simply tired and switched to fantasy... unfortunately, I don't own any models, so i asked a friend to borrow his and so far so good, but his models are still on sprue and quite limited. So here's the idea of a list i came up with, using IoB and Battle box models (and lot of rank filling !)

Grey Seer. 240
    Battle standart bearer, Stormbanner, shield. 122
    Engineer, lvl 2, generator. 115
    Engineer (for slaves)
    Engineer (for slaves)
    40 storm vermin, full command, razor banner. 350
    40 plague monks, full command, plague banner. 335
    20 Clanrats, full command. 100
    50 Slaves, Mus. 102
    50 Slaves, Mus. 102

1500 pts (1496)

From what I've read on some forums, the way to go with Skaven according to shooting is include some (warmachines mainly and some gutters for countering the enemy) or Storm banner, forbidding both players shooting, but for us it's a choice.. as I have a limited range of models, I went the banner way. If i were to spend money on these, it would be on 2x HPA and then some upgrades on the engineer to reach 2000 pts. What do you thibk ? Is this a viable list considering the limited models I have ?

5th edition come back game count : Dark Angels W5 L3 D4 Lucky games count : 3 (lol)
    Space Wolves W0 L1 D1
    8th Edition come back game count : Skaven W0 L0 D2 Games

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

A very good list for the models you have. Your plans for the future are quite sound as well. Make sure you make the most of your HPAs - they're expensive and will get shot a lot (hence you have the Storm Banner, which is a very good idea), so try to keep them away from big cannons and things like that as much as possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

Storm Banner only affects non magic shooting, and most Skaven shooting counts as magical with the Warpfire Weapons rule. Just a heads up.
    Fear me, mortals, for I am The Anointed, The Favored Son of Chaos, The Scourge of the World. The armies of the Gods rally behind me, and it is by My Will and by My Sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, The Everchosen, Lord of the End Times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ BrockSamson. OMG. Suddenly WLC are more appealing to me. I'll consider this too... Money wise 1x HPA = around the same as 2x WLC anyways... miam.
    5th edition come back game count : Dark Angels W5 L3 D4 Lucky games count : 3 (lol)
    Space Wolves W0 L1 D1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had great success on my first game with this list, and I do see where slaves are handy (one squad kept locked in combat a WoC squad for 2 whole turns before the game had to end...). But I wonder how much they are really worth, game wise, because I really liked my Stormvermins and my Monks, so I thought I would try 2x Vermin + 1 Monk squad instead of 1x vermin, 1x Monk and 2x Slaves. Do you think it is still possible to play skavens without slaves ?

Thank you!!

P.S. Also, Faqs doesn't allow us to shoot with the storm banner.
    Space Wolves W0 L1 D1

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesuit View Post
    Do you think it is still possible to play skavens without slaves ?
    I do it frequently. Clanrat hordes + anything Clan Skryre (esp. WLC and Weapon Teams) + Plague Monk horde with a Plague Furnace = Ultimate death.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

I tend to steer away from slaves in combat lists... no need for a tarpit when I'm marching forward. But in a shooting list they are a staple, you need to hold up the enemy as long as possible.
    Fear me, mortals, for I am The Anointed, The Favored Son of Chaos, The Scourge of the World. The armies of the Gods rally behind me, and it is by My Will and by My Sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, The Everchosen, Lord of the End Times

+ Reply to Thread