<3000 skaven competative list 2500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

skaven competative list 2500pts

Here is my skaven list i run and it currently works quite well although any tips would be much appreciated as this is the army i usaually use at tournaments and for conpetative play.

Grey seer with screaming bell, skalm
    chieftan with battle standard, biting blade, shield of distraction, rival hide talisman
    40 clanrats with shields, full command, rattling gun
    40 clanrats with spears, shields, full command, rattling gun
    20 stormvermin with full command, warpfire thrower
    20 stormvermin with full command, poisoned wind mortar
    5 gutter runners with slings, poisoned attacks
    Hell pit abomination with warpstone spikes
    hell pit abomination with warpstone spikes
    warp lightning cannon

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

And what advice, are you looking for ?

Is there any units/choices that constantly fail ?

Do you have an opponent, you just can't beat ?

Or, you're just looking for a general improvement, to your list ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just general ideas really as i said its my tournament army so anything nasty thatll work is appreciated advice

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Looks pretty nice, and only one WLC!

I'd recommend ditching the unit of Stormvermin with the Warpfire Thrower, bumping the other one up to 30 and doubling the size of that Gutter Runner squad you got there. If you plan to run a Screaming bell, get rid of a HPA, add another WLC and bump up one of your Clanrat units to 50. Units that push big altars like that need to be massive. But 40 does work if you want to stick with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did try to fit two hell pits and two cannons but its like 10 points to much went crazy over it lololol as for the stormvermin i will try them at 30 and see how t goes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Lukes1504 View Post
    Here is my skaven list i run and it currently works quite well although any tips would be much appreciated as this is the army i usaually use at tournaments and for conpetative play.

Grey seer with screaming bell, skalm
    chieftan with battle standard, biting blade, shield of distraction, rival hide talisman
    40 clanrats with shields, full command, rattling gun
    20 stormvermin with full command, warpfire thrower
    20 stormvermin with full command, poisoned wind mortar
    5 gutter runners with slings, poisoned attacks
    Hell pit abomination with warpstone spikes
    hell pit abomination with warpstone spikes
    warp lightning cannon

1. I'm surprised to see, only one wizard, in your 2.5 list . How's that working out for you ? I just can't take to the field, without a lightning-wielding engineer . He would be a level 1, have the warp-energy condenser, and carry a dispel scroll . As good as the Grey Seer is, having backup is always a boon, and a dispel scroll is always useful when those pits and suns start flying about .

2. I don't know, but I'm probably too simple for my own good . As far as my BSB goes, he always gets the armor of destiny, and a halberd . I just rather have protection throughout the game, instead of relying on one-only items at the right moment .

3. As @Warlord Vrrmik , stated before, you'll want a 50+ pack pushing your Bell . As for your clanrats, I'd go with the load-out that you prefer . Though I choose the parry save over spears, a horde-formation armed with spears would be excellent for pushing your Bell .
    Also agreeing with @Warlord Vrrmik , combine your stormvermin into a pack of 30 . I tend to give mine shields, as this helps a bit in soaking up missile fire . This unit would also be the perfect bunker, for your BSB .
    As far as weapon teams go, I prefer lots of range, so I'd stick with the PWMT and the ratling guns .
    I'm surprised, that you're not using packs of skaven slaves . Such cheap troops are just too good to pass up, especially when you can use them to tie up elite choices and fire into that combat .

4. As far as gutter runners go, packs of 6 - 8 are perfect for me ( PAs & Slings ) . They're large enough to cause proper damage, yet small enough to hide behind cover . As a fun bonus, you could add an assassin with warp stars, just for the sheer stupid killing spree he can pull off .

5. If you're currently getting by with one WLC, I don't see a reason to change anything . The standard is using two WLCs, as their destructive power makes them ( arguably ) the best war machines in the game .

Well, that's my "waffling", and remember to take it with a grain-of-salt .
    Last edited by SheBeast76; April 23rd, 2012 at 17:19. Reason: typos after posting

+ Reply to Thread