How do you deal with Jezzails? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you deal with Jezzails?

Wow! 40 Jezzails in a 2000 pts army.

Can fire into the enemies enitre deployment zone from turn 1. Sure to get 2 or 3 rounds of fire before the enemy can come to grips with them. I can't caclulate anything non etherial they cant kill on a point for point basis with 3 rounds of fire.

What is an opponent supposed to do about it? I never cry cheese, so there must be tactics for dealing with this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

First of all, your gaming partner has no sense of shame. I have never, never faced 40 after four years of gaming against cheesy skaven players.

40 is way over the top. Kick your friend in his wee, squirrel pouch and tell him to cough up the warpstone.

Seriously, 40 is stupid.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Yeah, seriously, tell him to cut it out and if he doesn't refuse to play him. I have a hard time believing he even has any fun playing a list like that. One of my best friends plays skaven and he writes lists that generally no one complains about. His rule of thumb is 5-6 jezzials and 1 ratling gun per 1000 points. That way you have enough shooting to do what you need, but not so much that it is cheesy or unfair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well imo the skaven book has been written to be exploited.
    Skavens just ask that you make cheesy lists...with lots of magic, antimagic, and shooting.

To 40 jezzails i would oppose low cost-low T-fast moving skirmishers, just like beast herds.

I'd suggest to your friend to drop some of those, 40 are way too many, and go for a bunch of ratlings - let's say 4/5 per 2250 points.

That's the perfect skaven 8X
    It's better, it's shiny, it's warped...it's Chaos.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Anything that causes a panic check? And depending on how he deploys, angle yourself in such a way that it will run over another unit if it breaks... So with 1 panic check, you can get multiple units of Jezzails. Remember, their leadership is crap and they are skirmish, so they have no ranks. The highest they can check at is 7, and that's only if a Warlord is their general and within 12".

Or just use low point cost models, as Hollow mentioned. Jezzails work amazingly well against Knights and very high point elite units. Anything else and they will never get their points back. Especially skirmishers since their BS is already fairly low.

Also, ethereal isn't going to save you... basically anything that shoots in the skaven army book counts as magical (jezzails, ratlings, warp lightning cannons, even poisoned throwing stars) - it's all warpstone laced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

I admire your opponet's bank account but loath their list making abilites. Seriously the blame lays with GW. they should know better as that is truly unbalancing due to their lazziness not due to people exploiting the book. IMO it is the WORST part of any book to date.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

40?! that's just no fun anymore.. I hate players who make armies like these.. just refuse to play him if he can't make a fair army. I also never go cry cheese but when youre facing an army like this? I will cry I probably would go for dwarf miners

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Please do not necro-post.

Thanks,
    Canew
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Closed Thread