Clan Pestilen troops... how good? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clan Pestilen troops... how good?

Hi, im relatively new to skaven here so im wondering, what is the real use of plague monks? Are the censer bearers as effective as the book says it is? Cuz i feel that they die out kinda easily. So any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Plague monk are what they are. They aren't that expensive for infantry, they bring 3 attacks (HW, addl HW, frenzy, can outnumber easily (large units + banner of swarm), better than average toughness for infantry. Problem is they take up a special slot right now if you built from the Skaven Army Book. In the alternate Lustia list: Bubonic Court, they are great as they count as your core mainstay and you can still boast your numbers with pus bags, leave you plenty of points for censer bearers and rat ogres.

Censer bears are really good with their dedicated roll. Cavalry tend to fear them with their 3 attacks at str 5, they used to be really deadily vs demons as they had magical attacks and were frenzied, but the new daemons have a demonic save instead of aura, so you can't negate it. For their points, I don't like them as a rare slots. Granted a "true" skaven list only as 2 options as rares: Warp lightning cannon vs Censer Bearers. Problem is for the 100 pts you only get 6ish Censer bearers, its really not enough to be effective. Also to bring them, by the disciples rule you have to bring the plague monks, which isn't bad, but again limits your army selection.

I personally seldom use both units, I have both, but my censor bearers just don't get they love they need. I play a magic heavy, average mount of models, heavy shooting list, just doesn't fit my playing style. I'd love to play a complete Pestilen list, but right now its not viable. I don't like that you HAVE to take Nurglitch, i'm hoping a new army book fixes this, however I don't see a new army book happening for at least a year or 2.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

+ Reply to Thread