A question about getting stormvermin for less money - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A question about getting stormvermin for less money

Hi all, I have been planning this for a while now but only just got the models so before I get started I want to know what everybody's honest opinion is.

I plan on creating 20 stormvermin by using the following parts which I have.

A. all the armoured clanrat heads bodies and legs that I can get my hands on as well as the tails with knives and what not.

B. all equipped with exactly the same model of spear so that they are all held exactly the same way

C. painting their armour really shiny so they stand out.

And hopefully, Voila! plastic stormvermin.

Do you think this is a workable idea? I have all the parts necessary to make them look like the "proffesionals" that they are. Please all C + C is welcome for this.

Total 40k: >5000pts
    total WFB: ~2000pts
    I also enjoy good music, fine food, late night strolls on the beach and dancing in moonkin form :)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Given StormVermin have Halberds - I would reccommend getting hold of halberd-like weapons - e.g. the Dark Elf Spears from the plastic warriors' sprue, or else clip off the spear heads and a section of the haft, and replace with Clan-rat swords. That way the blade looks bigger and heavier, and stands out from the Slave and clanrat spears...
    Last edited by kithre; July 23rd, 2008 at 15:14.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

If I was your opponent and it was obvious what they were supposed to be, and you'd done a decent effort on the conversion, I'd absolutely have no problem with this. In fact, I considered the exact same thing myself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I am doing a similar thing but I am using green stuff to make them a bit taller and give them more amour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm no green-stuffer but I like the idea about clanrat swords. Thanks for the help, i'll get to it this weekend.
    Total 40k: >5000pts
    total WFB: ~2000pts
    I also enjoy good music, fine food, late night strolls on the beach and dancing in moonkin form :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Easy answer, go with your plan above as i think its perfect, add in a scenic base. If your regular basing is grass, do with grass underneath of a cork rock. Its really cheap, and will make them stand out more. Also consider green stuffing armored plates on their legs, or even just add a simple space marine style or chaos maraurder style shoulder pad to one shoulder. As for shields, chaos maraurder shields would be perfect, any kind of more armored shield then the regular one. Hope this helps, I have my regular stormvermin and often wish I made them out of something plastic for simplicity.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New models soon or?

Great idea! I've been wanting some storm vermin in my army as well by did not want to buy the metallic ones since plastic models are so much better.. does anyone know if games workshop are planning on releasing new plastic storm vermin models any time soon? Are we getting a new army book or...? I'm playing against my friends who have updated Orcs & Goblins, Dark Elves and High Elves books.. while i'm still stuck with my old Skaven book

+ Reply to Thread