shooty skaven - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: shooty skaven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shooty skaven

hey guys I was looking through the skaven army book and they seem really interesting and full of fluff and variety. I like shooting heavy armies so fro the looks of things would probably go clan skyre but with how things are now ratling guns can be taken out now. I was just wondering how viabl shooty skaven can be atm?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

It can still be pretty effective, but you will be relying more on your magic and jezzails for shooting than on weapons teams. I still take a ratling gun with every clanrat unit, but I'm never that surprised if they die in the first couple of turns. Primarily, they are the excuse to get my rats downfield in relative safety, as opponents tend to worry a lot more about the guns than about the horde of rats coming their way.

The Warp Lightning Cannon is also an option, but one I have soured on of late. I like the model and fluff behind it so much that I used it consistently for quite some time, but was always underwhelmed by its performance. Then again, I only ever took one. Most people building Skryre armies take two for both of their rare choices at 2000+ pts, and with a pair you might get better and more reliable results.

On top of the cannons, most folks also take at least two solid (6+ model) units of Jezzails, 2-3 Warlock Engineers and a Grey Seer. Plus the obligatory weapons teams on the clanrats. I only take about half of that stuff, but I still have a good shooty force, though not the strongest one out there. Works well enough, and people don't accuse me of building beardy SAD armies.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a couple more questions I dont understand the warlock engineer maybe if I looked into it a little more id understand but its a lvl 1 that doesnt know any spells and comes with 1 token? another thing is I guess since the reference sources for librarium online got jackd up I was wondering if anyone knew any alternate lists or anything?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

You got the engineer exactly right. He counts as a level 1 wizard without any spells and has one warpstone token. To give him access to Warp Lightning -- the only spell for which he's eligible -- you have to buy him warp blades. You'll also be wanting to buy him the condenser and generator as well.

I don't know what you're looking for listwise. Have you checked the army list subforum stickied up top?
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread